Tuesday, 27 August 2013

"Two little Boxes"

Hello Blog friends.........
Sorry I have not been commenting on your Blogs.    I promise I will get round you all soon to see what I have missed.
I am still alive and kicking, well almost.
I have had a horrible weekend, I developed a UTI in the early hours of Saturday morning.  Have drunk Gallons and really mean Gallons of water, diluting juice, tea.  At one point I felt I was floating about rather than walking.  Why do we always get these things at the week end???    I also have RSI in my left wrist from doing too much Die Cutting.  When I am Die Cutting I hold on the the machine with my left hand that`s where the problem has stemmed from.  I have an eBosser but who wants to use that when you have only one or two "little" dies to cut.  I grab my Cuttlebug for that, my favourite piece of kit.
I had the makings of these boxes cut out for a class.  I decided to make up a couple as plain as possible.  The ladies at the Card Class saw one I had made for selling in the Tearoom and they want to make one.   I made these very plain so that they will do them, get them finished to take home with them.  We will progress onto fancier decoration once they have been coming for a few weeks.  There is only one lady who comes that has done any Card Making or Paper Crafting.  I have to bare that in mind when I am doing things for the classes ..... we all have to start some where.


Boxes made using Heartfelt Creations Gift Ensemble Die.  I cut them from Tilda Paper Stack, Kitchen Garden.  these were two odd sheets I had left in one of the stacks I have.
Great Die, the only down side is to make one box you have to cut  the Die 4 times.  ( I feel cutting out all the bits did not help my left wrist)
Butterfly from Les Papillions Two
Organza ribbon from my Ribbon Box 
Butterfly for one and a daisy for the other.    The makings for the daisy were left over SB Asters I had popped in my Die Cuts Bits Box.
That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling by I really do appreciate it
Till next tiome
Hugs

Patricia   xxx


Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. Oh poor you! A UTI is definitely no fun! You must be feeling so washed out now. (Sorry, poor choice of words - I really did not mean to make a pun). I did wonder if you were okay or whether you had gone a away for a few days. Hope you are feeling better soon Patricia.

    These boxes are great. The die is new to me. How big are they? Judging by the ribbon bow they are quite a reasonable size. Love and get well hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've just found the die so I know the size now. I think this might be finding it's way into my collection. Lol! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, very delicate, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Patricia! Glad that you like the die and these look so pretty. Great choice of papers!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've been overdoing it Patricia. Please take care of yourself and USE YOUR EBOSSER!!! It may seem longer to do but you will still be able to craft that way. Otherwise who will teach your group? Sorry to be a nag, but take it from one who often regrets doing too much sometimes. Your boxes are lovely and I bet the group will be thrilled to walk away with their creations. Huge hugs to you, Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your adorable boxes Patricia, they look fabulous, as does your Christmas door, it looks most inviting with that lovely wreath hanging on it! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello Patricia, I wondered where you were and I'm so sorry to here of the infection, these are such nasty things and fairly pull you down, hope it's clearing up quickly. RSI, is not good either, your in the wars just now, hope you get some ease from that soon too.

    Lovely little boxes, gorgeously designed, they are a gift in themselves. Take care Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely boxes Patricia and I am sure you will soon get your ladies up to scratch!!! Sorry you have been laid low by a UTI - pesky things!!! Hope you feel better soon, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia,
    so sorry to hear you have not been well. I do hope you are on the mend now. Sending big hugs your way to help make you feel a little better.
    Love your boxes. I am envious as I wanted this die too, but got tempted into buying something else. lol. I am always doing that, or by the time I have persuaded him indoors to buy me it it is sold out.
    I need a lottery win for my ever expanding crafty habits.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your boxes are gorgeous Patricia, I love the design and beautiful detailing.
    Sorry to hear that you have been unwell over the weekend. I hope you are starting to feel better now.
    Take care
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you've been poorly - I hope you feel better soon.
    Your boxes are gorgeous - so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you are feeling better Patricia, something I have regular, makes you so ill and pain!!!also have a lot trouble with my hands, couple of months ago I bought the spellbinders "Artisan" Explorer machine, wow fantastic little machine for small dies, (I cut a lot)cuts fantastic,
    love these box`s, great design, might be getting one of those dies.
    take care pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well Patricia....love your gorgeous boxes they are so pretty

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia
    So sorry that you're under the weather. Hope you have tried cranberry juice as I have found that to work in the, thankfully, long past. Those ebossers are not cheap young lady so start using it and save your wrists! Here endeth todays soapbox session lol !
    Cute little boxes btw. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia, oh it's 'the pits' being unwell isn't it....ask me how I know! Not having long got over bronchitis I now have a very sore ache in my neck/shoulder. Make sure to rest your wrist that's the only way to cure it.
    I'm a sucker for any kind of boxes as you know and these are fab.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poor thing you are certainly being pulled through the wrnger these days. i feel for you as I suffer from UTI too and I expect RSI is difficult to cope with especially when you need to use dies. Hope you get better soon.

    Love your little boxes, I like to take a break from making cards and like to try making other bits and these look intresting.

    Big hugs

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, so sorry to hear you've been poorly and hope you are on the mend now..big hug sent! Your boxes are gorgeous, lovely details and papers, take care Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your boxes are very pretty, Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh! No Patricia you poor wee thing. I feel for you and yet you have managed to make these lovely little boxes well done! It is hard to craft when you are poorly!

    I so hope you are starting to feel better now. The antibiotics make you feel worse as well don't they? Will give you a call later in the week when all is back to normal here! :)

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia,
    Sorry to hear you have been poorly, hope you are on mend now, have missed your creations over the past few days. Love your boxes, very pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wat een mooie doosjes
    Liefs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, So sorry you are feeling like that, here's hoping you will be feeling 'well' very soon.
    Your gift boxes for your class are so beautiful, the papers are gorgeous, love the patterns.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you're feeling a bit better today Patricia. Your boxes are very pretty, love the papers you've used. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You make the most amazing boxes and these are no exception - luv them xx please look after yourself, as it sounds as though you may be a little 'run down' xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete