Tuesday, 20 August 2013

"Working on my PHD!!!"

Hello and welcome to my creative corner.  A rather L O N G !!!! post today.
Thank you for taking the time to call in today.   If I can inspire just one person with the things I show it will make me very happy.
Today was the first ever Card Class along at the Tearoom.  When Elaine took over the premises there was one barn that had all the facilities for a Tearoom.  Other than that the first thing I saw was this wonderful space that could be used as a Workshop.  The barns are modern, the Workshop has fantastic natural light from large Velux windows in the roof space.  Never for one minute did I think I would be doing these classes.  I gave up doing all that a couple of years ago to just be able to "Play".  So between helping at the Tearoom and now doing classes I will be kept rather busy.  I have told Elaine that I will do it for a while but to keep her eyes open for other people who might do classes.  She has actually got one other who does very different work using Mixed Media.  She is the Scottish Representative for Barbra Gray`s Clarity Stamps.  You never know we might even be able to get Barbara to the Workshop.
There were 7 ladies today, we were quite happy with that for the first day.  They all want to come back in two weeks time for more.......   There were another 5 on the list but for various reasons they could not make it, they are coming next week.  That`s fine, I will just do the same things with them.
Today`s card was a bit of a "Flop" but I thought I would show it anyway.  I did actually use it for Hazel`s daughter Gillian for her birthday last week.  Gillan is a Gem and will forgive me!!!


Base card 6 x 6 white card
SB  Floral Oval (Now this is where I made the BIG mistake)  I was trying to be economical with a 12 x 12 piece of white card that was the front cover of a Tilda Paper Stack.  I knew it had a design on the back but thought you would not see it "Wrong"......  you can see the reflection on the base card.... silly me....... teach me to be a Cheap Skate!!! 
The floral arrangement consists of  Memory Box Large Layered Leaf Die
Small Britannia Rose Die, Martha Stewart Punch for some foliage.  Some tiny flowers that I made from a small die.
I did add a Happy Birthday Banner at the top but forgot to photograph it before I gave the whole thing to Hazel.
I am not usually such a "Dizzy" person but lately I am beginning to worry about myself.  Bet your wondering how I could ever possibly do a PHD  ................................  well ladies no I am not that clever
I have been working on my "Projects Half Done" .............
I have loads of Lace which was all in a bundle.  I decided it had to be sorted.  I have been working on that for a couple of weeks, enough was enough and it had to be completed.  Here is most of my lace all nicely onto rolls.  Old Loo Roll, Kitchen Roll insides covered with paper, SB Classic circles for tops and bottoms.  When I was out this morning John went off and bought me a beautiful basket to keep them all in.

One roll there has to have its top and bottom added

 Now all in the basketThe box with the Roses is a box that John got some "smellies" in for his Birthday earlier this year.  It was white with writing all over it, I covered it, added some braid I had then popped some Roses that were in the Die Cuts Box on the top and sides.  It now holds some "little bits" of lace.

Finally some of the ladies just before they left to have their Lunch at the Tearoom.  They finished off the class by making one of the little SB Bracket Boxes.

You will now be glad that`s it for today
Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs
 
Patricia  xxx


 

Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. your card is beautiful Patricia, bet your ladies had a fantastic time..
    wish I had that lace collection, must find a sauce from somewhere..
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is gorgeous Patricia, honestly! I love the way you have cut the frame from the SB die and your floral arrangement is wonderful.
    I am glad the card class went well and I love the way you have sorted your ribbon.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia, this is beautiful. Love all the sprigs of leaves and floral. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,
    can't see anything wrong with this very lovely card.
    Great design as always. Love the sprays of flowers and leaves.
    Glad your class went well. The place looks a very super and bright place to be crafting.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't think your card is a flop.....far from it.....it's beautiful, Patricia. Glad to hear your class went off well, too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Patricia. What a beautiful card, I was so busy looking at your floral arrangement that I never even noticed. Love your lace idea and it looks beautiful too. I have always loved lace and pretty ribbons. Fabulous picture of your class and they look as if they are having fun too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I can see nothing wrong with it. Love the dinky flowers. Pleased to hear your class went well. You have a great space to carry them out. WOW what a lovely lace collection and you have arranged it beautifully.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card Patricia. I'm so glad things went well. That is certainly a great crafting space. They all look to be enjoying themselves anyway. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia

    I love your card and had to go back to see what you had done...
    Wish I lived close enough to come to your classes the barn looks lovely

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, Beautiful card, love it, the flowers and foliage look gorgeous.
    You are such a tease !! Projects Half Done !! ha ha, I thought you were doing a Uni course.
    What a brilliant idea for your lace, you have a genius brain, I have 2 drawers full of ribbons all tangling together, I will have to get myself sorted to organise those !!
    So glad the class went well, ladies are having a brilliant time, and if you can get Barbara Grey, that will be fantastic.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia,
    Oh I wish I had flops like yours, mine go into the bin. Love your flower spray very pretty. Pleased that your class went well, looks like the ladies had a great time.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Patricia, "flop" indeed, nothing wrong with it a few flowers wouldn't hurt, ha ha!!, i love it and don't see anything wrong at all. it is very pretty and your usual flowers are gorgeous.

    Beautiful lace and what a great idea to keep them tidy, and what a lovely hubby to go and get you a lovely basket to keep them in.

    i do wish I was nearer to join in the class fun, everyone looks like they had fun, and then lunch in the Tearoom, what more can a body ask for. hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I think it's a very pretty card and I love the way you've used the oval die.
    Glad to hear the class was a success.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness you've been busy Patricia. So pleased your classes are a hit. Love the card too, even if you are not so happy with it. And as for lace around loo rolls - genius! That's an idea I need. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The card is luvly and maybe the reflection could be part of your original idea ie. that is the look you wanted to achieve!!!! What a fab idea for storing your lace ribbons - I will defo be 'stealing' that one xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia
    wouldn't have known there was an issue without you saying. The card is gorgeous.
    I wrap my ribbon around pieces of card as its less bulky for storage for me than on reels. I only have one roll of lace so left it on its reel.
    Glad your class went well. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Patricia. Lovely spray of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful even with your mistake, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Patricia I think your card is beautiful and I wouldn't have even seen the mistake if you hadn't mentioned it. Looks like your ladies are enjoying themselves in the photograph too.
    Mmmmm lovely lace too.
    Crafty hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like fun! Your card is stunning! I love all the flowers. My entire craftroom has been PHD. It drives me nuts. I don't have a lot of space and therefore I have little to no solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Patricia, wouldn't have noticed any mistake! So glad your class went well - looks like everyone had a great time...oh I have so many PHD's in my craft room "sighs' Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you girls had such fun together, wow, all this creativity put together! Love love your card Patricia, really elegant! And to be honest I think the reflection on the base card is really special! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia
    Fabulous card........
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card looks stunning anyway Patricia! Beautiful way to keep your lace it all looks gorgeous! Susan x

    ReplyDelete