Thursday, 5 September 2013

"Custard, Kraft & Classic Circles"

Hello Bloggers, bet you thought for a moment the title was for something to eat!!!!
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to come visit me, I love to have you call in.
WOW!  I have had a visit and comments from 3 new people today. Julie Kichener sorry I was not able to link back to you.  You have this Google Circle thing that has me rather confused.  Ali Watson and Helen Owen  I was able to pop back to have a look at what they do.  If you get time click on their comment on my Blog, have a look at their brilliant work.  I think it is nice to look at other Bloggers work that you might not normally click on to.  Great ideas come from just Blog Hopping. 
My faithful followers will recall my episode with the Hairdresser or "lack" of Hairdresser.  Today I found someone who has cut my hair the way I like it  ....  I am a very happy bunny.  This girl was recommended to me, a tiny little shop just her in her own little business.  She is a beautiful person and a wonderful hairdresser.   A 50 mile round trip but who cares when you get what you want and are happy.
Customer for my card today wanted CAS and guess what  ....  Quick.
Just got back from Perth, she was on the phone, she had forgotten it was their Anniversary today.  Could I please make a card for her to pick up early afternoon.  I had a problem finding my "magic wand" but I managed to get the card done.   Been collected and she was delighted....thank goodness.
I have stuck to my guns and still used my "Old Dies" how simple is this:-


Base card approx 4 x 6 cut from Custard Card
A piece of patterned paper  (frebee from a Magazine)
Kraft Card I ran through a wood effect Embossing Folder
I then cut a hole using a SB Classic Circle Die  (I got the basic idea for this from John next Doors Post this morning)
I used the piece that came out, placed the next size down Die on it and cut that.  I was then left with a Circle Frame.  I have used the reverse side of the Kraft Card for a bit of definition
I lined up the embossed Kraft Card, placed the frame and stuck that down
Added foam pads to the Kraft Card and attached
Made a banner, computer generated Greeting added as well as a button threaded with Bakers Twine.

That`s it for today
Thank you for popping by I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx



Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia
    Thanks for the virtual hugs chuck. I'm all good today thank you. I would sing "I can see clearly now the rain has gone" but (a) Can't sing (b) the rain is coming not going lol !!!
    50 miles RT for a hair cut, wow!!! I have long curly hair (think Kelly Hoppen on Dragons Den) so luckily I only get trims and only about 5 miles RT.
    Love the simplicity of this card. Coincidentally, on my post for tomorrow I kinda say that sometimes the simple stuff is all you need.
    Sleep well and have a good day tomorrow.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Christine. I love the design and the soft colours work so well with the wood effect embossing
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous card Patricia. Love the embossing folder you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I think people do think we can just wave a magic wand! Lol! If only. The wood effect embossing looks great.

    Glad you got your hairdresser sorted out. I don't blame you for the travel, I would do the same if necessary. Fortunately my longest journey was a 30 mile round trip till I found my current hairdresser and lopped 10 miles off the journey.

    Have a good day. Christine xx

    PS We had some rain in the night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Patricia, I'm so glad you got your hairdresser sorted, and that she did your hair as you 'wanted' it. I would travel as far as I could, if it meant that I was 'happy' with the result ha ha.
    Love your card, luckily you had the time to 'work your magic', loving the embossing folder.
    We have rain, rain and more rain, it started during the evening and don't think it has stopped yet, yucky !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Patricia we have discussed the matter of hairdressers so I know how much this means to you. So I am really glad you can settle that problem now! I too have found one but funny enough after travelling all over this one is just down the road from me and we have ended up the best of friends we just click at all levels.

    Now today's card is very elegant and clean looking it looks great. I do think however there may have been a little wand waving after all Patricia :)

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is clean and classy, Patricia. I love the texture you added by using your embossing folder. Lovely colour combo, too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Patricia. The colours and design look great.
    Glad you've found a hairdresser you like.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia,
    Great understated card, classy. Pleased you got the hairdresser sorted, mine comes to the house, she was at school with my daughter so have known her a long time. No rain as yet but it has become cloudy over the past 30 mins.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous - simple card - luv it xx glad you have sorted yourself out re: hairdresser - they are not always easy to find and can't imagine how I would go on if mine decided to move xx have a fab weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hun
    My favourite colours! I love the background and the pattern is a great focal point. It's gorgeous!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    fab card. Great design.
    So glad your got the hairdresser sorted.
    I am just trying to grow mine again into a bob.
    What is it with hairdressers you go the first they do a wonderful job and then the next time it's not so nice. It seems they think oh it doesn't matter she has come back and will so again.
    I cut DH hair and am quite critical of how they do mine,
    they always seem to cut one side shorter than the other
    on the sides and back, and that annoys me so because I know it's not right.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia. It makes such a difference when you find a Good hairdresser. I think your card looks good, especially when you had so little time to make it. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia, lovely card with soft colours, the background paper is beautiful, so pleased you lady liked it.
    good news about you hairdresser, worth their weight in gold when you find a good one, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Patricia, great card in so little time too. I hate making fast cards! In fact when it comes to crafting I don't think I can do speed.
    Have a super weekend whatever you have planned.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  16. brilliant card Patricia, love the embossed background, and the pretty paper, in the circle.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super card Patricia, love the embossed background - have a fab weekend! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card! Love the embossed background!!

    ReplyDelete