Sunday, 1 September 2013

"Elaine`s Birthday Card"

Hello and welcome to my little corner of Blogland.  Thank you for calling in to see what I have been doing.
I really enjoy that you take time to pop in, I hope you enjoy what you see and call in again sometime soon.
Today is Thomas`s 9th Birthday, we were along at their house since early afternoon till quite late.  They had their bath, got into bed, John read to them.  We had "another" quick cuppa with John and Audrey then left.   Although Grandpa would have stayed on.  He say`s the boys having to go to school really curtails their "FUN" time ....... he would be the first to moan if they were not doing well at school!!!
Thomas did not want a party, said he was getting to old for silly parties.   Asked what he wanted to do he said, I would like have you guys (meaning mum, dad & Robert) also granny and Grandpa, could we please have Chinese for tea!!!!  Wish fulfilled, it was great, everyone was happy.



My card today is the one I made for my friend Elaine.  Her birthday was last week she now has her card so I can show it to you.
Base card is 8x8 scalloped card from Joanna Sheen
Dark pink card
Light pink card
Dark pink again then the image which is from an old Kanban sheet.  I still have a few of these which I find really handy.  I used to love when you could down to the Kanban Factory Shop and fill the boxes for £10 or £20
The verse  was also part of the sheet, I have mounted it on the same card as the main image.
Stamped Happy Birthday added a few flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling in I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx


Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. beautiful card Patricia, bet Elaine loved it, gorgeous colours and design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful feminine design, Patricia. I love all your layers. Such pretty image and flowers, too. A gorgeous card for Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the image and beautiful colours.
    I'm pleased Thomas had a good birthday. Family celebrations are the best!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Patricia. You always make sure the finishing touches are perfect. A big 'Happy Birthday' to Thomas too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Patricia, what a gorgeous card, very pretty image and beautifully designed.
    Pleased that Thomas had such a good birthday with a fab birthday dinner and his most favourite people, Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia
    Beautiful card. I bet Elaine loved it.
    Glad young Thomas had a happy birthday.
    Time for bed said Zebedee!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello There Patricia

    Really lovely card the main image is very elegant! Love the colours too. Glad Thomas had a lovely birthday. it is nice when they get past the chocolate cake and jelly in the carpet phase isn't it?

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Patricia.I really love it& I love Kanban. I too have quite a few of these images which I must use up. Hope you are feeling better at the moment.Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia, Happy 9th Birthday Thomas !!
    I love Elaine's card, the image is lovely and putting the verse aside the focal image, is a lovely idea. I love it.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Patricia. The image is beautiful and I love the colours.
    Happy Birthday Thomas
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really luvly card and luv the image xx sounds like a fab time was had by all xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia,
    A truly beautiful card, love the two tones of pink, It's a shame that Kanban have gone always loved their products. Nice to hear you had a great day with the birthday boy.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Afternoon Patricia. Glad to hear that Robert had a lovely Birthday. I still have a few of these Kanban sheets as well. Your card is lovely and I bet Elaine thought so as well. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia, I hope Robert had a fab birthday! Gorgeous card, love your layout and the image. I'm sad Kanban has gone as well, really liked their products.
    Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,
    isn't it lovely to celebrate your grandchildren Birthday all together.
    Fabulous card for Elaine. Great image and design as usual.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patricia I love your card...this image is just so elegant...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very elegant birthday card Patricia.
    Sounds like you had a super birthday tea....Chinese, nomm.
    Hugs and happy crafting, Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Classy card for a Classy lady (I hope she is anyway. Lovely image and layout Patricia and so elegant. Family Birthdays are so special and it is nice to have youngster preferring Grandparents to buddies more personal. Happy 9th Birthday Thomas.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Patricia, I bet Elaine Loved it... That Birthday tea sounded right up my street...How lovely that Thomas asked for his Grandparents to be there...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Hun! Wow this card is just stunning. Love the style of it. Thanks for comments on my blog , I'm now on speaking terms with my son lol. I hope you enjoyed your Chinese , seemed like you all had fun.
    Have a nice evening
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is brimming with elegance and so pretty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete