Sunday, 15 September 2013

"Following the Trend"

Hello Blog friends, how are you all??
The weather here today is shocking, however we will still have a great day.
John, Audrey and the boys are coming for Dinner this afternoon. 
I do hope they wait till after 2pm..........till Sue has finished her show!!!!
Table all set, dinner preparations well under way so I can relax for the 2 hours.
Hazel, Elaine and I had a fantastic journey up and back from Inverness yesterday to meet up with Kate.  The weather was great, the scenery was just stunning
We had a great day, went to the Palace Hotel for lunch, sat all afternoon chatting and laughing till our cheeks hurt.  We decided to go home on a later bus this time giving us another whole hour of chat.   Oh! My! Goodness! time still went in very quickly.  We also sorted out the arrangements for our trip down to Birmingham in November.  Seems early to do that, however Hazel is off to Canada in a few weeks.  When she comes back she is off again with her hubby to Birmingham to an Army Reunion Dinner.  So all in all we really needed to get things rolling.
OK folks I did not have anything new that was actually finished off to show you today.  I have decided to "jump on the Bandwagon"  sorry about that.   Here is one of my Origami Boxes.  I always have some of these ready on hand for unexpected gifts.  Yesterday Hazel gave us some good ides as to what to pop in them.   
"Mini" products ..... start off with a piece of tissue then nestle in a Shampoo, Conditioner, Toothpaste, Lip Balm, small flat pack of Wet Wipes and a small Astral or Nivea Cream ... YES!! you get all that in one of these.


My box is made using my all time favourite Tilda paper/card .  I love these pads, have lots.  I do use them I do not admire, stock, kiss them and put them away NO!! I use mine.
Lace and ribbon from my Stash
Roses made using SB Blossom Five
SB Butterflies
Crealie Die for the leaves and a few pearls

You get a wonderful Tutorial for these boxes on   http://flowersribbonsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk/p/tutorials.html
Go Tutorials on the Top Bar select Video Tutorials scroll right down to the very bottom.  You will find it there under Origami Boxes..................look, enjoy and make 

That`s it from me today
Thank you for pooping by I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx 

I have entered this into   http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/anything-goes.html
Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, you should do a tutorial. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, another fabulous box, the papers are gorgeous as are you spray of blooms. Have a lovely family day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness girl! This is one gorgeous box! Holy smokes, I have told you before, your flowers are the best! And I'm so happy that you girls had such an enjoyable time together, enjoy your Sunday Patricia, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so beautiful Patricia. Yes, please do as Wendy suggested, I would love to see a tutorial too.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you I just love these boxes and always have a couple on hand. And I love the pink. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Patricia. Such a fabulous design and gorgeous detailing too.
    So pleased that you had a good time yesterday.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia,
    your superb origami box makes mine look like a poor cousin. lol.
    Yours is superb, and I love that lace you have used.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful box Patricia, your colour choice and detail on the top is stunning. I can well understand why your little boxes sell so well in your friend's tearoom. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous box Patricia! Glad your day out was such fun. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous box Patricia, your colours are beautiful.
    terrible weather here today, glad you had a good day out yesterday, I also had to watch Sue today.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you had a lovely time yesterday.
    This box is soooo pretty. Gorgeous papers and flowers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful box Patricia. Such lovely paper/card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia
    So, what rank was Hazel then lol ?
    I don't know about Jennys being a poor cousin, I think it makes mine the poor cousin twice removed lol ! I am working on making mine better as I am now addicted to them.
    Yours is wonderful.
    Hope your lunch went well and you got to see all of Sue.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi honey
    I'm seeing these gorgeous boxes everywhere now, you've set of a new trend lol.
    This is just out of this world. The detail, flowers , lace , ribbon and butterflies just make this even more stunning. I'd love to know where you get your embellishments from.
    The colour is just beautiful!
    Very talented indeed!
    Hope hazel is well , I will check on her blog now.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful box Patricia, love the papers you've used & details, Carole Z x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful box Patricia. Your Queen of the boxes and you always make them so ornate. Glad you All enjoyed your Day with Kate . Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wauw what a gorgeous box! Lovely papers and beautiful decorations. Lovely lace! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Patricia, WOW !! this is a stunning origami box, loving the embellishments, great idea of yours for mini products inside too. I must have a try at one of these.
    I'm glad you 'use' your paper pads, I must admit I have 'lots' of papers and pads that I don't ever want to cut into ha ha.
    I hope you got to watch all of Sue's Show before your family arrived yesterday ha ha, I recorded them and have been watching them back, she has such fantastic ideas.
    It's raining, raining, raining, here today, yucky !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness Patricia, I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful box.... I would not worry what to put in it, the box is enough on it's own! Love the embellishments. Will definitely have a look at your tutorial now. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Apologies, meant to say 'the' tutorial....A x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Patricia I love your box, great colour combo and loving all the layering. Fabulous darling!!
    I'm glad to hear you had a fun day Saturday with the crafty gang!
    Hugs Erika.

    P.s Thanks for the link....I might just have to give this a go too. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia,
    Queen of the boxes has done it again, just beautiful. Stunning flowers. Hope you got to see all of Sue's show.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia,

    Sorry so late looking at your blog, did not get time over the weekend.
    Your box is brilliant so professional.

    I adore Wisterias too though I don't have any in my garden at the moment.

    Love & Hugs
    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous Patricia. I love to pop over and see your boxes, they're always so pretty.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning, I think we are going to be seeing an influx of boxes on blogs, especially with the tutorials that Christina gives. They are so easy to follow. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  26. Seriously Patricia, that is a stunningly gorgeous box. Love what you've put inside but in all honesty it would be the box I would treasure forever. The lace is just the perfect touch. Off to see that tutorial now as I'm a sucker for origami. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete