Wednesday, 18 September 2013

"Card, String & Button"

Hello and a Big Crafty welcome to everyone who visits.   
I know I keep saying this, there are people who pop in here, leave such nice comments and I unfortunately can not return the favour.   They don`t have a Blog or I can`t reach them with this Google Circle thing.  I really appreciate you still come.  I enjoy visiting all the Blogs I can.
Oh! My! Goodness! I go on great travels clicking on things just to see them a bit closer.  That leads to seeing something else  ...  a couple of hours later I have no idea where I started but I have seen so many wonderful creations from so many talented people. 
That`s is a "down side" of an iPad I can do all that from the comfort of my armchair rather than sitting in the office.
Beautiful day here today if rather chilly.  I don`t like the cold, I can cope much better if the sun is shining.
Met Hazel and some friend this morning.  Had a good old chat and a laugh.  
Hazel has booked the tickets for the NEC in Birmingham.  Hazel used Tesco vouchers  (a heads up from Mrs Duck) got the 4 tickets for £12.00   ...   how cheap is that?? £3.00 each, a real bargain.   Talk about doing things on the "Cheap" we got Cheap Flights, Cheap Rooms in the Airport Travelodge now Cheap Entrance Tickets.
I needed to make a birthday card for someone I knew would not like "fussy" ..........  no Roses or Ribbons for them.  This is what I came up with.


White pre-scored 6 x 6 Base Card
Kraft card
Backing Papers were from the Bit Box.   
The papers were printed off Rob Adam`s Gingham, Polka Dot, Check and Tartan CD
I have used this CD so much I keep thinking I will wear a hole in it
Joined the two papers added them to the Kraft card, cut two 1/2 circles on the sides using a punch
Some Bakers Twine and a button from the Button Box
Stamped Greeting on a piece of the Kraft card
Simple card which I hope they will like when they open the envelope

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling by I really appreciate that you take the time to visit and leave a comment.  
I read them all
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx



.
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, a lovely. simple stylish card. Love your papers and colours, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia
    Fab non fussy card. The sentiment has a lovely font. Im not a button and twine kinda gal but love the papers. No wonder you use them a lot.
    That clubcard offer was the one I mentioned to you before. Good saving on the official prices eh? If you want to see something funny about cheap flights, look up Fascinating Aida Cheap Flights on You Tube. Its hilarious.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Patricia
    i love this card with his elegancy and colors.
    greetings from Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your design with this card Patricia. It looks really good and perfect for a non fussy card. How super to get your tickets for that price. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Patricia, I love the papers and the button/twine detail looks fabulous.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I would love to be the one opening the envelope to find a card like this. Pretty without being too fussy.
    All the money you saved on the trip can now be spent on goodies - excellent plan!
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Patricia, A lovely card, lovely neutral colours and the sentiment font is beautiful.
    I'm with you on the weather, I function when the sun is shining, when it's wet and dreary it reflects in my demeanour, bring back the sun ha ha !! did I hear on the weather forecast that we are in for some warmer weather, or were my ears deceiving me !!
    I'm off to Liverpool today meeting up with some ex-work colleagues for lunch and I'm doing some shopping aswell (well it would be rude, not to, eh !!) and it is still raining, I will probably end up like a drowned rat before I get to meet them ha ha.
    Wow, Patricia, you did really well with your tickets etc, well done Mrs Duck.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very different to what we are used to seeing from you Patricia, but equally lovely. Sometimes people don't think about what the recipient would like - it is so easy to just go with your own taste and preferred style. I am starting to really like CAS and non-fussy cards as a change from my usual. Hope you have a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia,
    Just as you said a none fussy card, loving the papers may have to look for this cd. We have sun again today, hope it lasts. Sounds like you have managed to get yourself some bargains. Well done.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect card, love it. How good are you lot getting them cheap tickets, whenever I try for anything like that they have all gone. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia,

    Love the card. Sometimes its harder to do a simple card. I live "out in the sticks" so it would be great to have a Tesco shop within a short distance so I could get tickets for NEC for £3. Cant believe that price!!! Will have to wait for C&C as they usually have tickets that are a bit cheaper when it gets nearer the date.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous cas card Patricia. The button and twine are the perfect embellies.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luv the simplicity of this card and luv how you have used the punch at the join of the papers xx looks very effective xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely card Patricia, very simple for you, but still so classy, great buy your tickets.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,
    fab card just right for someone who doesn't like fussy.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Patricia love all the circles and great colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Patricia...Love the design on kraft...Fabulous bargains for the NEC tickets... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple it may be Patricia but it's also very stylish. Love the stamp. Carol x

    ReplyDelete