Monday, 9 September 2013

"One for the Box"

Hello Bloggers, welcome to my little corner in the wonderful world of Blogging.
I would like to thank you all for your continued support.  I have had some lovely comments from a new lady, Jacqui http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/   Jacqui, I hope you keep coming back to see what is on offer here.  I would also like thank those of you who do not have a Blog but still keep coming to visit.   People like Patricia,  Lydia and recently French to mention a few.  I cannot return the favour however I do love that you keep me company.
Usual Monday here, house cleaning day.  Got all the washing done and out, the weather was great till midway through the afternoon.  I was on the phone to Hazel telling her I had got all the bedding dry.  The sun was shining when we started chatting ........ I just happened to look out and it was starting to rain.  End of conversation, I ran out to get the washing and in the process got absolutely soaked.  I had to change, however I got the washing.  Shower only lasted 3 or 4 minutes but My! Goodness! it was like monsoon rain for that time.
Hazel ordered some cards for her daughter to be ready for Wednesday morning when we meet.  
Had to go hunting for that "Magic Wand" again!!!!   Baby cards, I really do not know how many I have made for Tammy over the last couple of months, all these new babies.  
Audrey (a midwife) is really, really busy just now.  All the Christmas and New Year made babies..........!!!!
My card today is one for my Stock Box here at the house.  I often have ideas, make a card for no reason, they usually go in my box.  This one was one of those cards that every thing seemed to go wrong.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but made so many silly mistakes along the way.  I wanted to cut the circle out to put the piece of Die cut Lattice work behind.  I forgot to cut the circle and was almost sticking it to a piece of card.  I was going to stitch round it with "pink" thread.  Got the machine out, happily stitching to discover the thread had broken and all I had was holes...........................!!!  However the end result is not too bad.



Base card 6 x 6 white card
I have popped in a bit of Netting I found but you really do not see it
Printed off a sheet of My Craft Studio Backing Paper Looking at it I think it is one from a painting of Stehphanie`s Roses.  I have another card I will show tomorrow using the other half.  Same sheet of paper but Oh! So! Different from top to bottom
Popped a SB Lattice Die Cut from my Die Cut Box behind the circle cut using a SB Classic Circle Die
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, Leaf scroll a Marriane Die, leaves SB Foliage Die
Pearls are done using Cosmic Shimmer Pearl Glue
The card is a little bit Shabby Chic  ....  just a little
That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling in I really appreciate it
Till next time,
Hugs

Patricia xxx  

P.S. the ornaments I have been using are all made by me when I did Ceramics a few years ago.
Trying to be "artistic" with my photography ........................ I did say "Trying"  Don`t think it works for me as well as it does for some others.
 

26 comments:

  1. A very beautiful card Patricia. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Patricia, I would never have guessed anything had gone wrong with it. I love the design and delicate colours.
    I love your ornament too!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Patricia, everything about it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created, Patricia. Love the dies you used and pretty florals x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Patricia love your flowers and lovely dies

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Patricia. What a beautiful card. The flowers and leaves are exquisite. I love your ceramic figurine. You are one very talented lady. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card!! Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your ceramics, what have you not tried, talented lady. Your card is so lovely would never have believed you had problems with it. Better make a move with your cards for Tammy short notice or what but you can do it.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Patricia. Well, just another way to add holes to your card! The number of times I have done that whilst using my machine - for sewing, not cardmaking. I rarely use it for that yet I love the effect when I do. Have a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful Patricia! I love the soft colour of the background, the wonderful lattice and the gorgeous flowers - so pretty. I also love your ceramic lady, her earring looks wonderful. You are so clever being able to do ceramics like this! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia
    I too would not have spotted any hiccup with your card. The flowers are pretty and a lovely colour.
    Im amazed by your figurines. They are glorious. You're one talented lady.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, I love your shabby chic card, the backing paper gives an ethereal feel and the idea with the aperture and lattice behind is gorgeous, and the flowers are beautiful.
    I love, love, love, your ceramic figurine, you are 'one very talented young lady', I love this !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia,
    Wow! you made that lady, amazing, what talent. I love your card as well very pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card Patricia. I love the paper you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a talented lady you are Patricia. The card is beautiful and the ceramic ornament so chic - I for one would love to see all your ceramics on show.
    Thano you Patricia.
    Happy Tuesday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete

  16. Big Sis your card turn out gorgeous even after all the things that could have gone wrong.. Looks like you will have to get more of your ceramic makes out to show.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    superb card yet again. I love the design of this and those flowers and the leaf flourish are fabulous.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well Patricia, is there really no end to your wonderful talentd!!!

    Your, lady is just stunning and makes a beautiful prop for a very lovely card. Your card design is gorgeous with that die as the focal point and of course the flowers as alway just wonderful. Have a great day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this card Patricia, super design and flower layout - gorgeous! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Hun!
    Stunning and just love the whiteness of it. That lattice die is just to die for lol. It really sets everything off and finishes the card just lovely.
    Hope you are well
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Patricia. Lovely design and pretty flowers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't know how you do it Patricia, but you always have the most elegant of creations! I'm very fond of your gorgeous flower arrangements, they're always made to perfection! So glad to be able to visit your blog again, for seeing your fine work always makes me happy! Big hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous card Patricia, love the beautiful colour combo, those flowers are fantastic.
    what a beautiful figurine.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia,

    Thank you for the lovely mention on your blog, really nice of you.

    A Beautiful card love it all. Your ceramics look great too, you must show us more, very talented.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! I love the pastel colour and the Lattice window.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an elegant card! I love it!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete