Wednesday, 4 September 2013

"Ruby Wedding card using Basic Dies"

Hello and welcome, hope you are all well. 
For those a little down I send you some (((((hugs)))))
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments.  I love reading them, it makes it all worth while.
Another day of fantastic weather here once again, actually very warm in the afternoon.  
Met Hazel this morning, had coffee and a great chat.  Some other friends joined us so we tried to put the world to rights.  Rather a difficult job at the moment the way things are in the world.    
One lady (Anne) who joined us needed some support today.  She has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer, she had a long chat with Hazel who was able to give her lots of advice and reassurance.  Anne said that the only reason she managed to join us was the fact that Hazel would be there and understand if she suddenly started to weep.  She was having her MRI scan this afternoon, we are all thinking about her and wishing her well.  We moan, we groan but there is always someone worse off, life can be rather cruel.
My card today is once again using some Dies I have had since I started using them.  I am trying hard to resist buying any more.  If we just look at what we have, try making designs using different permutations we could go on for a long time without buying any more ..... well that what I keep telling myself.
I have a selection of Anniversary Cards displayed in the Tearoom, people just say what they want, I make them to order.  Some people do want them there and then.  If that happens Elaine just phones along, I make another to pop in the cabinet.  


Base card cut using SB Grand Labels One
I cut this 3 times to form the Easel Card
Burgundy card cut using SB Circles Squares 
White card cut using slightly smaller Die from the same set
Roses cut using a more modern Die.   SB Blossom Five plus leaves from SB Foliage Die
I used some Picked Raspberry Distress ink round the edges of the petals
Banner made from some scraps
Computer generated Greeting

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling in I really do appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx


Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! love the shape of it! hugs to your friend hope she's ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, love it

    Sending hugs

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia
    I was going to accept the hug after having had a rather rough afternoon but after hearing about your friend she can have mine. It is an illness that has devastated my family more than once and is, indeed cruel. I hope your friend comes through this.
    Your card is so pretty and elegant. I love that you have used the blossom die for its proper purpose unlike me lol!
    Best wishes
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your friend, I wish her all the best with her treatment. I agree, life seems so cruel at times. It is good that she is able to turn to her friends for support at such a difficult time.

    I love your card, such a gorgeous design and beautiful flowers.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, Your poor friend, I hope she found reassurance from Hazel's experience, as you say there is always someone worse off than yourself.

    Lovely card, such a lovely design with great dies, love the rose as usual, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

  6. Stunning card big sis, I can see this one being snapped up at the tearoom, been thinking of Anne all afternoon do hope her scan went well.
    Having a problem with my box lid, but then again it's late need to get to bed.

    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and luv how you have used a flower for the easel 'prop' xx I have had coffee with a friend today who has had breast cancer and come out the other side with reconstruction - she has been clear for 9-10 years now and looking extremely well and healthy xx hopefully a little bit of positive news for you, Hazel and your friend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Patricia and great flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Patricia. I can imagine you being very busy with those. My friend started her chemo yesterday and is getting double dosage. I hope you friend gets a decent result from her scan. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a really lovely card, Patricia. Beautifully created flowers, as always x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Patricia your flowers are exquisite and just enough so it isn't swamped. It just goes to show what can be done with a basic die shape!

    Hope your friend pulls through all this.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Patricia and the easel shape makes it just that little different. Loving thought and good wishes to your friend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, Huge hugs to your friend Anne, my thoughts and prayers are with her.
    Your card is really beautiful, love the shape and the flowers are gorgeous.
    I agree with you on the dies, I have 'loads' of them, and I am going to use the ones I have rather than buying more and more, in fact to resurrect your 'old' dies, is like having 'new' ones, because I tend to forget what I have ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very elegant card Patricia. I love the shape and pretty flower.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Patricia,
    A beautiful card, lovely flowers as always. Sending my very best wishes to your friend.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! this is so Lovely & Elegant Patricia! Love your Beautiful Rose! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally I've made it Patricia! Am on a lunch break right now and am so happy to be able to visit your blog again, for I always love seeing what you've been up to. I'm always delightfully surprised, you are so creative! And I, too, love your fine blooms! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is lovely Patricia, I love the angled easel, I have tried this many times but can never get it right, thank you for sharing this with us
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Patricia. The flowers are really pretty and the dies you've used work very well together.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Patricia. The flowers are really pretty and the dies you've used work very well together.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending Anne my love. x
    Great card Patricia and super use of those dies.
    Happy crafting.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry to hear about your friend Hun! Your card is beautiful! Love the shape and the colours. Pls give hazel my love.
    All the best
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia, So sad to hear about your friend's news, I do hope it goes well for her. Breast cancer is very frightening even though they have made great strides in treatment.
    Your card is very beautiful, perfect colours for a ruby celebration and such a pretty flower :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia,
    yes you are right about our dies. We need to use more of the older ones again.
    Love your card again today, superb roses as usual.
    My best wishes go out to your friend and I do hope all goes well for her.
    My daughter's partners sister has just been through breast surgery, for a while it didn't look too good, but she has come out the other side okay now, so there is good results in this field at the moment.
    So tell her to keep her chin up and we are all routing for her.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. sorry to hear about your friend Patricia, hope all things go well for her,
    your card is another beauty, love the shape and flower.
    pam

    ReplyDelete