Tuesday, 3 September 2013

"Together"

Hello and welcome, hope you are all well and enjoying this wonderful weather.
We have had a beautiful day, bit windy but wall to wall sunshine all day.....Bliss!!!
Was up at the crack of dawn, oh! my! the mornings are so much darker, Autumn is slowly creeping in.
Got all yesterdays washing ironed and put away. 
I was along at the Tearoom for 9.30am to get set up for the Card Class at 10am.  My ladies made 3 Christmas Cards, all went away very happy.  They said what they would never have thought of doing what we did.  They did the cards I posted a couple of weeks ago.........The Candelabra, the Door Wreath plus one very similar to what Sue Wilson (particarft.blogspot.com) had on her Blog this morning.  I had done mine in purples, the ladies chose to do their poinsettias in red.  I think purple was a bit too modern for some of them.  I don`t have a photo of mine at the moment, left the card along in the workshop at the Tearoom.
 I was looking for a stamp the other day, I came across a sheet of Sheena Douglas stamps that I had never opened.  I spotted this stamp and right away the image of the ornament came into my head.
 Robert keeps looking at this and saying "that man and lady have no clothes on).  They do actually, I have pointed it out to him but he always looks at me as though I am not telling the truth. 



Base card 6x6 white card stock
Kraft card
Printed backing paper from a NitWit collection
Odd piece of brown card cut using SB Lacy Circles Die 
Another odd piece cut using SB Classic Circles
Greeting stamped on cream card cut using next size down SB Classic circles
Leaves a Crealies Die from Joanna Sheen
Flowers and pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts

Heather (Heathers Happenings) mentioned we do not use our old Dies enough.  We always go for all the newer ones in our collections
Today I went right back to basics and used some of the very first Dies I ever bought. Tomorrow I hope do do similar.  I have decided to try and use as many old ones as possible in the next few days.

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for popping into visit today I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx
 

 

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

  1. Luv it xx luv the sentiment xx luv the colour combo xx luv the shabby chic distressed look xx just incase you didn't realise, I luv it xx glad your classss are going well - your deserve it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia
    Purple poinsettias eh? I feel a card coming on lol!
    Wonderful sentiment (and nude statue lol!)
    Night night.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card with beautiful words, Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Patricia. Heather is right enough, we tend to forget our older dies. Hope you have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Patricia, I love the colours and such a wonderful verse.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sentiment Patricia! I love making the sentiment the focus of the card. Gorgeous! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Xx I probably use my first dies more, they are scalloped circles, very basic. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patricia this is stunning love your sentiment and pretty flowers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia,
    Beautiful card love the colours and the sentiment. Good to see the use of older dies.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, Glad your class went well, they couldn't fail to love your cards.
    Your card today is shabby chic and absolutely gorgeous, love it !!
    I agree with Heather, we do tend to forget the older dies, luckily you are going to re-invent them for us.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful sentiment Patricia,
    love your embellishments, gorgeous design.
    well I always use my old dies, what I call the basic`s and my new dies together.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    Been having trouble with my I mac it's not working wirelessly.
    So I have resort to my I pad while DH works on it.
    So excuse me if I make any mistakes.
    At least it gets me little more used to commenting on the I pad.
    Love your card today. Such a real beauty. . The ornament looks very lovely behind it.
    The date calendar on my Christmas card is a image from Pink Gems. Then you can make it as big or small as you like. It comes with a precoloured one or one you can colour in yourself.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Patricia, this is a beautiful card with a wonderful sentiment. Love the couple too. Unlike you SB guys I don't have old ones, really they are the basics and the newest one has been the Asters, which I've made up but not put it on anything yet.

    Pleased to hear that the workshop was another success, loved to have been there, Have a good day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Patricia. I love the sentiment and pretty flower arrangement.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Patricia. I never keep old dies. When I get tired of them or find I am not using them I put them on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Patricia, Love the colours and the sentiment is gorgeous.
    Glad you had a good day with your ladies.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx
    wall to wall sunshine here too, A real feel good day.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done sweetie! But I think I need to listen to me and get my old dies out again! LOL!

    I love this card and the sentiment and it looks so elegant next to your china ornament.There is simple elegance of times gone by about it and that background paper is so pretty.

    Have a lovely evening Patricia I hope your wrist is feeling better now.

    Crafty Hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia, this is gorgeous - love the sentiment and colours -about the dies,well I have actually put a hold on buying new ones at the moment,because unlike everyone else, I keep using the old ones! LOL Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your beautiful card Patricia, the sentiment is so lovely and the embellishments look gorgeous. I do try to use all my dies, but I am guilty of overlooking some of my older ones too...... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete