Tuesday, 10 September 2013

"Very quick & simple Card"

Hello Bloggers, glad to have you visit my Blog.  I hope you like what you see and call back again.  I f you have time please leave a comment so I know you were here.  That way I can link back to you if you have Blog, look at your work,  return the compliment by leaving you a comment.
Don`t know about where you are but I am finding it very cold  here this evening.
John is watching the football while I do this in the office.  I actually had to pop the heating on, will give it an hour then switch it off.  Maybe just me but I am cold, I hate being cold.
 Nothing much happening here today.   John had to go to Blairgowrie  to see about 2 new tyres for the 4x4  ......  not looking forward to paying that bill on Thursday when they are fitted.  I went with him and got a few supplies in at Tesco.
My card today is using the bottom half of an A4 sheet I printed off yesterday.  I used the top half on yesterday`s card,  using the bottom half for today`s.  If you had a look at yesterday`s card it was pale and delicate.  Today`s is such a contrast and both from the one sheet.

Base card 6 x 6 white card
Burgundy Card
Backing paper, I used SB Foliage Die to cut out the leaf shape where there was an vague image of leaves
I backed the aperture with green card then placed the Leaves back in slightly offset
I went over the outline of the roses with a Quickie Glue pen and added some glitter 
Broad and narrow ribbon from my box plus a greeting that I have had for some time
A very quick and very simple card really using the Backing Paper as the focal point

That`s it for today
Thank you for visiting I really appreciate it and all the lovely comments you leave.  Each and everyone brightens my day
Till next time 
Hugs

Patricia  xxx


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Patricia. Love those colours too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gorgeous Patricia, such beautiful paper and I love the way you have used the leaf die.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful card, I love how you have placed the leaves back into the die cut, it looks like a shadow. Beautiful paper too.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog its much appreciated.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    Simple but very effective. As Jacquie says, the way you have done the leaves is fab.
    Im sure that my late Dad used to play golf in Blairgowrie when we used to visit friends in Glenrothes.
    Have a great day. . . Today as we're now past midnight. Time for bed!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I too like the addition of JUST the leafy die, very subtle. Good to see a little more of your beautiful ceramic lady too!
    Happy Wednesday
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, this is gorgeous, I love the paper and as you say a very simply made card but so elegant.

    I put the heating on last night too, but mine is still on. Pelting with rain all through the night and still, oh well we did have a good run this summer can't complain really. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. Gorgeous colours and design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Patricia, So pretty and delicate.
    Yes its cold here to and I we don't do cold either :o
    Hope the Bill isn't too bad!!
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous Patricia. love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours on this card Patricia. It has been pretty awful here today, cold and rainy. John even lit the fire this afternoon. Now, I didn't think it was all that cold, so I hope he's not coming down with something. Enjoy your evening. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Patricia. With regard to classes I usually prepare everything too so the ladies basically put together. It does take a long time preparing too. I know where you are coming from!!
    LOL.
    Happy crafting and yes it is cooling down, fire on last night 1st time of many I'm sure.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    yes cold in the south too.
    Love the card, such very rich colours.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card Patricia, I have had heating on for three nights now, really is chilly..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another pretty card!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning Patricia, what a fabulous idea!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card Patricia love how you added the glitter! Susan x

    ReplyDelete