Thursday, 31 October 2013

"Acceptence"

Hello and welcome to my little corner of Blogland. 
Thank you so much for all the visits and wonderful comments, I love reading them all.
Some of you have asked for a Tutorial for the Bags. There is one but you will have to scroll back for it.  I think it is the 4th November 2012.  It is just before the Roses one.  If I was clever on the computer I could get the Tutorials on my side bar.  I am not so I am afraid you will just have to scroll back......sorry about that!!!
This is a very quick Post today I really do not know where all my time has gone but it has certainly flown away.
Week past Monday Robert phoned to tell me I had to send a reply to the School for the invitation we had been given. We had not seen the R.S.V.P. on  the invitation.  It was to view their Project  "School in my Granny`s Day" at the school, which was last Friday.  He wanted me to make a card for the Acceptance .....here it is:-


Base card 6 x 6
I embossed my card in a folder I had.   I think it was a Darice one from Crafters Companion although I am not 100% sure on that
I wanted something kind of school like and it was the only thing I had
I distressed it with a combination of Peacock Feather and Vintage Paper TH Distress Ink Pads
Matted the Acceptance onto brown card and popped that on the front

I thought this combination might be quite good as a quick "man card" for maybe a man whose job or hobby included measuring.  
Nothing exciting but that it for today
I am working tomorrow at the Tearoom.  The boys are coming for a sleepover so goodness knows when I will be back with a Post or find time to comment on your Blogs.  Please forgive me I will get round you all as soon as possible.
Thank you for calling by today I really appreciate it
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs

Patricia  xxx
 

 



Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Patricia. I love the inked embossing.
    I hope you have a good Friday and a wonderful weekend too.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,

    What a lovely card for an acceptance, fits the bill perfectly.

    Hope you have a great time tomorrow. Don't worry about not replying to all the blogs, I am sure, like me, there are many of us who don't get enough time to check everyone's blog out (and I only have about 14! Lol!) We all know you will take a look when you get chance. Surprising how quick the time goes each day, only wish it went that quick when I'm working lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card which fits the bill, simple but lovely. I know the feeling not being able to comment as often as I would like but time just flies. Don't burn yourself out girl try and have some "me" time.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    Clever card to send to the school. I bet it was the best one they had.
    I was going to suggest a link to your bag tutorial but I don't think you use them either but if you enter challenges you would link the same way you do to a challenge but to your tutorial instead. . . . . . .if that makes sense.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Patricia,
    What a clever card to send to the school, just right. Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia, I love it, I bet the School loved it too. The background is brilliant, and yes it would be ideal for a 'bloke' card too.
    Have a lovely day at the tearoom.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card so apt, please try to get some me time { we all deserve some } and enjoy your time with the boys , we will be here when you are .
    Take Care and have a great Weekend .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  8. great acceptance card Patricia...enjoy your time with the boys

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I read your blog, sent the email but forgot to post a comment. The little grey cells are going!! A lovely acceptance card. With a different greeting it will do for other occasions too. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it, the simplicity and, slightly, grungy feel tick all the boxes for me!
    John x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia, great card and thr school will love it. I love the idea of the rulers/measurments, perect or a man.
    Have a lovely time with the boys, the commenting can wait, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card and very apt for your school acceptance and like you say what a fab card for a male joiner etc xx luv it and the colours xx have a luvly weekend and hopefully you will find some time for 'me-time' xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Supercool card with that fabulously embossed background. Enjoy the sleepover, have fun Patricia!! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fabulous acceptance card Patricia. The background and design look brilliant.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia, this is fabulous! I love the embossing and colours, brilliant idea! Have a good time, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea Patricia, love the background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. great card Patricia, fab background, great colours.
    enjoy your work at the tea room, tomorrow.

    pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,
    lovely card. Great embossing folder too.
    You know your tutorials you can put them on a button on the top of your blog like mine.
    It;s quite easy. Go into design on the top of your page after signing in.
    This will take you to the page with your blog design, on the left hand side your will see pages click on that and start a new page just like your post you can then link your tutorials to that page.
    Have a go when you have time. If you get stuck let me know, but it's just like when you post. Hope you can manage it.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Patricia, I hope the boys didn't scare you too much last night?
    Hope you have a good weekend in the coffee shop. Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card. It really would work well for a masculine card. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your title and nowadays we need a lot of this...TFS
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that you can rustle up something so elegant and masculine in such a quick time. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this Patricia...The embossing folder is fantastic... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card Patricia, love the embossing.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete