Monday, 7 October 2013

"Black White & a little Shabby Chic"

Hello blog friends, I am not lost.  Life in general and time took over this weekend.
I did all my Monday duties yesterday (Sunday) leaving me today to go shopping for food to keep John going while Thomas and I fly off to Belfast then on to Oriel and her husbands dairy farm in Ballywalter for a few days.  
All was going fine till Audrey and the boys popped in.  They stayed for lunch as usual the boys did not want to leave.   Absolutely no problems with that BUT they do need your attention.  The spent more time with John which was fine.   I have managed to get more or less up to date with things.
Thank you for supporting me by always popping in to see what I have been doing.  I really love that you all do that.  Welcome to my new follower Olga, I am delighted you have decided to join me, I hope you enjoy your visits.   I try to get round all the Blogs to see what everyone else is up to.  For the ladies that call in who do not have Blogs  ...  Thank You I really appreciates that.
I had orders for cards which I posted off this morning "guess what" Yep!! I forgot to photograph them.  I could have used them in the future to post.  Never mind I will just have to get my brain in gear and make some more.   I sometimes worry that I don`t actually have a brain!!!!
Today`s card is one I made earlier today.  I had all the bits sorted out for it but had not put it together.


Base card is white 5 x 5
Pink backing paper printed from a Nitwit collection
Black card from the Lidl card pad
Spotty paper printed from Creative Crafting World`s Perfect Papercrafting Companions CD.  I really like this CD the selection of colours and patterns is brilliant.
I cut and embossed a piece of the black card and used some of my Gilding wax over the embossing.  I am getting the hang of it now.  I was using my finger to apply till I asked Jenny (Pushing the right buttons) who told me to use a brush.  Much easier thank you Jenny
I used another piece of card to draw round the same Die then cut out by hand
Made the rose and butterfly with some of the Pink  backing paper, leaves from white card.  
Tied a bow with some Black and Pink ribbon from my stash.  Added a few pearls to finish off

That`s it for today folks
Thank you all so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit, I  really appreciate it
I will not be posting for a few days.  I do not know if Oriel has WiFi to comment using my iPad.  
So till I get back be good, I will check up on you!!!!
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Patricia. lovely colour combinations, love the gilding and your gorgeous embellishments

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the warm welcome, how sweet, I love this card, that pink just pops!!!! The flower is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia. I adore black and pink together, great combination. Enjoy your time in Oriel. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia, another stunning card with a wonderful colour combination, love pink and black together. Great embossing and gilding and as usual your bloom is ace. Have a lovely time with your friend and I hope Thomas really enjoys himself, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Patricia, love black and pink together. Enjoy your few days away. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Patricia, I love the colour combination...hope you have a lovely few days! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Patricia. The colours are wonderful, I love the embossing and of course your stunning flower.
    I hope you have a nice time away.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Patricia. The embossing looks fabulous and the flower and butterfly are so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card Patricia, love the colours, design and your beautiful embellishments.
    enjoy your break
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a gorgeous design Patricia and love the choice from colors.
    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Patricia, love the beautiful design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo! So glad it worked for you and what a result! Love that central panel Patricia. It makes the whole card even more special.
    Have a fantastic time in Ireland. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful card love how the pink really stands out against the Black. Very pretty.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and luv the colour combo - weirdly I have just made one for my MIL tonight and used black and pink and a bit of silver mirri and guess what I also used wax on my black embossed topper!! No flowers and butterflies on mine though which is most unusual but absolutely luv your flower it is stunning as is your card xx have a fab break and hope you don't get withdrawal symptoms like I did if you can't get Wi-Fi xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favourite colour combos Patricia, I just love it. Fabulous card love how you used the gilding wax it really highlights the embossing. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia
    Super card. Love the colour combo and design.
    Have a wonderful trip with Thomas and hope you don't get blog and Hazel withdrawal symptoms!
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia, I expect you will be on your way now to Ireland to see Oriel, have a fabulous time and she will love your gift box of delectable goodies.
    Your card today is gorgeous, thank you Jenny via Patricia for your tip with the gilding wax,, I haven't tried mine yet, so will be giving that a try, didn't particularly fancy the 'fingers' technique ha ha. I love the colour combo, and the gorgeous central embossing looks delish, and of course the beautiful bow and rose. Gorgeous.
    Have a safe trip to Ireland.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,
    Beautiful card, one of my favourite colour combinations. Pretty flower spray too.
    Have a good trip.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another beautiful card Patricia I do love that butterfly and colour combo. Have a super time in Ireland.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia, Gorgeous card Love the colours & Beautiful butterfly & flower...Have a fabulous time in Ireland....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia,
    fab card. Great paper used, and beautiful butterfly.
    Don't you just hate it when you forget to photograph them.
    I am still thinking about those lovely xmas books I never photographed a few years ago. I made six different ones too.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Lots of love, Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous Patricia, I love black and white with a touch of pink. I''ve had a lovely catch up since I'm at Crieff and my daughter has good Internet access. I love the cards and box you've made for your friend.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi patricia
    This card is just gorgeous
    The butterfly, dies and flower are just stunning and im loving those colors.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Patricia. Never used gilding wax. Like you I have just sent off three cards and forgot to photograph them first - getting old! Lol! Have a good day. Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. How beautiful those soft pinks stand out against the powerful black of your card Patricia, very elegant! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the pink and black ... it looks so pretty and the pink rose fits there perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete