Friday, 4 October 2013

"Engagement Congratulations"

Hello Blog friends, hope all is well with you today.
Our weather started out quite miserable first thing this morning but by mid afternoon we had a beautiful day.
Thank you so much for popping by today I really love that you choose to have a look to see what I get up too.  
I had a nice comment for Janice Wallace who commented and told me she does not have a Blog.   Carol Yates I mentioned the other day, she told me she has a Blog but unfortunately I cant get to it.  It is one of these Google ones, that does not link you or should I say maybe it is me just being stupid.  Maggie who goes under the Blog name of French also called in, thank you for that.
Well folks another very busy day in the Tearoom once again.  Managed the coffee machine fine today although I did flood the floor a little bit when I left the Water Urn on filling a Teapot.  I turned to answer Elaine on something, when I looked at my pot, the water was flowing over the top. Just a little bit but there you go, always something.  Other than that everything was just fine.  Lots of nice customers, we managed to have a laugh with most of them  There were 3 older ladies came in, they were a bit grumpy.  We had run out of Carrot Cake    .....   they always have Carrot Cake when they come in.  I told them that maybe they should try something else as all the cakes are really good.  Two of them did have something different but the other only wanted Tea!!!!  You cant please all of the people all of the time!!!!!
My card today is one a friend ordered for her Nephew who got engaged the other week.    I had not a clue what to make. I made two cards this is the one she chose and is delighted.


Base card white 6 x 6
Piece of white card stock, I embossed the centre with a SB Die
Embossed a piece of Kraft Card with a Cuttlebug Folder and cut out a circle using SB Classic Circles Die.    I rubbed it with some Gilding Wax and popped it in the centre
Rose made using SB Blossom Five Die plus some gold cord I found in a box
Computer generated greeting cut into a fishtail mounted on some Kraft Card and added under the rose
I did make a Box using Kraft Card with the centre of the front cut out, sorry forgot to photo that 

That`s it for today thank you so much for calling by today I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs


Patricia   xxx



Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia
    Sounds like you had fun day at the tearoom.
    I too would be delighted if presented with this super card. Love the rose.
    Have a great and hopefully quiet weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evening Patricia...such a lovely card just love the embossed background and love your colour tones and beautiful flower

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, sounds like you had a good day.
    beautiful card, love the embossing and lovely colours, no wonder she picked this one.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - luv the embossed circle in the card and then the embossing and gilding on the centre circle - fab colour combo too xx have a luvly weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Patricia, loving your card, especially the gorgeous gilded embossed centre. Aren't the gilding waxes great to work with, I love them. Anyway no wonder the lady was delighted with it. Hope your weekend is a good one, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia, quick peek today, lovely card, am off to Birmingham to a conference today. Take care.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card as ever. I look every morning at you blog-not got my own. Off to work today, only til lunchtime.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous Patricia, a really beautiful and elegant design and your flower looks amazing.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Patricia with yet another stunning flower! So glad the coffee machine behaved! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and so different, love the embossing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia, So glad you had a good day at the tearoom, you are so right, you can never please 'all of the people, all of the time' ha ha.
    Your card is gorgeous, absolutely loving the centrepiece with the gilding wax on, and the rose is, as always, stunning.
    Have a lovely weekend, the weather is supposed to be 'nice' today, yesterday it blew a gale, and have been out already brushing up the leaves, grrrrrr, ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia,
    Beautiful card, very elegant. Looks like we are going to have a nice day today, got a load of washing in so hopefully it will dry.
    Have a good day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    another really fab card. Love the embossing in the circle.
    My you must be worn out today after yesterday.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,

    This is beautiful, very personal with their names on.
    I too love Carrot cake lol!, You're right you cannot please all the people all the time, glad you had a nice day otherwise.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card Patricia - very classy.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card. Gilding wax on the kraft card looks so rich and lush. Thank you for mention Patricia. Not quite sure how I ended up with the name French, it was never my intention, and i don't know how to change it!!
    Happy Saturday evening
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and elegant!! Love the embossing and the flower looks real!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card Patricia, love the gilding wax on the embossed kraft card - it looks so elegant. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you always make such elegant cards Patricia! Love your beautiful embossing work, no wonder the happy couple were so pleased! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card as always Patricia, so stylish.
    Now listen here my friend...I will expect you to conjure up my favourite cake if I call. I will expect you to pop out the back and bake one......lol Sounds like you enjoy your Tea shop days regardless of the spills and grumpies Patricia.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Patricia, love the textures... Sorry I've been missing from blog land a few days, my crafty to do list is way too long! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That gilded circle works beautifully against one of your spectacular flowers. Love it Patricia. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh very nice card. She likes it. Of course she would.

    I had to laughwith you not at you. That would be me. All talk and forget the water is running. Oh you got through it. You never flooded the whole floor. Only at my house it was not I.

    My hubby did a real disaster. He ws adding water into the sink with soap. His friend came to the door and talked and talked to him. I thought us gals talked.

    I was in the art room but for some good reason. I needed a glass of water.

    oh my. All I could see was the water and soap coming over the top to the floor.

    Was I a happy camper. Well not really. My hubby is so laid back. He never thought nothing of it.

    He remarks. Now the floors are nice and clean. My floors are always clean I piped up. Oh well. Now it had double duty. Dont worry so much Hon he said.

    I enjoyed your blog and note.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia,

    Really, really pretty card. Thank you for sharing.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! This is gorgeous!!!! Gives me ideas.............

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patricia, there's nowt as queer as folk! Working in a service environment it never ceases to amaze me how funny some guys can be, I find being very nice and smiling always throws them when they're being grumpy!
    Loving this card, the centre piece is gorgeous and love the tag and flower addition.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete