Monday, 28 October 2013

"Free day at last!!"

Hello and welcome to my Blog.
Hope you are all safe and well during these terrible storms.  We have been lucky so far here in the N.E. of Scotland.
Grandpa won the Paper Aeroplane game on Sunday.  Thomas was second, Robert 3rd and Granny last.  i used all my energy making the blooming things!!!!!
Thank you so much for calling by and leaving me so many nice comments today, I love that you do that.  I have had a few new callers who have left me lovey messages.  I will check them out soon, hopefully they have active Blogs so I can return the favour.  Have you seen the beautiful tribute to me http://johnnextdoor.blogspot.co.uk/ has done.  Pop over and have a look he has some fantastic work and wonderful Tutorials on his Blog.
I actually have a "whole day FREE",  not had that for so long.  When I say free I did do the Monday cleaning, washing, ironing and cooking here at the Homestead.  What I mean by free is no appointments, no classes to do (projects done for that tomorrow) no working, no boys, (not that they are any bother), no shopping.  So all in all I had some time for "little old me"
I am in the process of making lots and lots of Roses for Gift Boxes I have been making for a Craft Fair at the Tearoom next month.  Hazel and I had decided not to do any Craft Fairs this year however we could not refuse to do this one.  I really enjoyed just leisurely playing away this afternoon.  I also made this card.  Not for any reason just felt like making it.


White base card approx 5 x 7
Pink card embossed with Sue Wilson`s Lattice Heart Embossing Folder
Strips of white card from the Bit Box with ribbon round them
White card cut using SB  Opulent Oval Die.  Smaller Die from the same set to cut the sentiment which is computer generated.  I drew round the small Die to place behind the sentiment 
Roses made using SB Blossom Five Die.  Foliage SB Foliage Die
Roses and leaves are lightly inked with TH Seedless Preserve

 That`s it for today

Thank you so much for taking time to visit I really appreciate that
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia xxx

I have entered this card into-:   ttp://inthepinkchallenge.blogspot.co.uk
I have never done anything with a "sketch" before,  I suppose there is a first time for everything




Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia I did mention on your blog comments that I too was going to the SECC on the Thursday. It was a mad day mind as hubby and the boys turned up to go home before I'd gone all around both halls. Gutted! I have decided next year I am either meeting my mum or taking a mate then we can have all day to play.
    I hope you had fun.
    Super card, enjoy making flowers, I am too but of the crochet variety.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia

    That doesn't sound much like a free day with all that housework going on!! LOL!!!

    A gorgeous card here. I really love your flowers .. .. they are always so beautiful.

    I have been back tracking and looking at what I have missed and just have to comment on your Grandson's writing about you. How lovely was that!! I just love the last line. "Granny makes me feel happy". What more could you want?

    I hope you have a good week and thank you for all your lovely visits to my blog. Sorry I don't always make it straight back.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful card, the dies are lovely and the flowers are gorgeous. Looks so exquisite.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Patricia. I love the embossed background and of course your stunning flowers. Such a great way to use the sketch too - good luck with the challenge.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Patricia. Isn't it lovely to get some Me time. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Patricia, love the colour and your fabulous flowers.
    what a lovely sentiment.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunningly beautiful card Patricia, love everything about it. Lovely blooms as usual, great layouts.
    Good luck with the challenge, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous card Patricis, the colour is beautiful as are your flowers, fabulous! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia
    wonderfully pretty card. Love the composition.
    No wind damage that I know of round these parts but there were flood issues.A usual round trip of 15 mins to take Mr Duck to work took an hour due to traffic jams in several areas. Could have been worse though.
    Good luck with the challenge.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful card Patricia..lovely colours and fabulous flowers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. auch wieder ein traum in rosa, liebe patricia....sehr, sehr schön....
    liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Patricia, as usual your roses are beautiful. My you are one busy lady, but it is nice to fit in some "me" time.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card Patricia! my favourite colour combo and more of your stunning roses

    John x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, very elegant and beautiful design Patricia.
    i like your cards and i am a big fan.
    have a nice day and hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Patricia! Another beauty I really love looking at your flowers and so wish I could make them like that! Good luck with the Craft Fair at the tearoom but I am sure it will be a stunning success! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Patricia, I had to chuckle when I read the list of Winners of the paper-plane game, I would have been last too ha ha.
    Your card is lovely, beautiful colour combo and gorgeous flowers and foliage.
    Have a great class today.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia
    A beautiful card,such lovely flowers { im afraid mine dont turn out very good at all , Note to self must keep trying } I hope you do well in the challenge .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning Patricia,
    Another stunner, roses are beautiful as always. Good luck with the challenge.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous card Patricia. The sentiment is fabulous and I love those pretty flowers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card, very elegant and stylish. I also love the flowers you made! hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card and what a luvly tribute to your flowers from John Next Door xx you must be so proud and good luck with the challenge xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this gorgeous elegant creation, fab sentiment & the flowers are OOTW..
    Thanks for sharing our Sketch chall theme at ITP this wk.

    smiles Christine C x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful tribute from John, Patricia! And so well deserved, too, for your flowers are magnificent!! Love your today's card, it's so elegant and that quote is fabulous! Enjoy your evening, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card Patricia, the embossing, die cuts and colors are fabulous.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia,
    superb card as usual.
    The Queen of roses stikes again. lol.
    I have now nicknamed John the King of roses after his creation yesterday.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete