Friday, 18 October 2013

"Happy Birthday"

Hello Blog friends, hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend.
If anyone has a birthday over the next few days this card is for you.
Thank you so must for popping by today,  I love when you do that.  I hope you like what you see and call back again.
My day at the tearoom was fun filled from start to finish.  Elaine and I have a wonderful relationship, she is more like a sister than a friend.  I know Hazel will not be offended by this comment she knows Elaine so well.  We started the day off by laughing about something silly that one of us did ......don`t know which one!!!!  All the customers were in "happy mode" today so it was all fun.  The Tearoom has built up a lot of regular customers who obviously enjoy the banter Elaine has with them all.
Finished for the day and Elaine handed me an envelope with my wages.  I always come home open it and pop the money in my box (I am saving for Birmingham).  When I opened the envelope it was empty!!!!  I asked John if I was being silly could he check.....no there is nothing there.  I text Elaine "Did I not work hard enough today.  My envelope was full of emptiness"  Within the hour she was at my door with another envelope and laughing.    Her quote was "this has just been the perfect end to a perfect day"  It started off silly and had ended the same way   ...   good job we are great friends!!!!


Todays card is very similar to the one Thomas and I made last week.
Base 6 x 6 white card
Slightly different selection of backing papers printed from CDs which I stitched
I folded over top right corner, fastened with a button from my button jar
Added flowers and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I twisted the stems I cut off round a cocktail stick to give the the little "twirly" bits
Happy Birthday is a rubber stamp matted onto card and cut into a Fishtail

That`s it for today, have a wonderful weekend
Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it and all your lovely comments
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx
Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. another beautiful creation Patricia, lovely colours and design, and as always your blooms are perfect. Love the stitching, great way to embellish.

    Sounds as if you had a fun day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card Patricia. It's lovely when you have fun at work, makes it all worthwhile! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty creation Patricia. Sounds like a fun day at work. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    Gorgeous card. The flowers are so pretty.
    Had a 4 hour lunch out with Nesta today. Its wonderful to spend time with good buddies isn't it?
    Take care
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are you and Elaine like? Love the layout of this one sis.
    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goegeous card, goodidea with the flower stems, i ususally cut them off!!! Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a good day yesterday Patricia.
    Your card is wonderful. I love the design and beautiful colours.
    I hope you have a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real bouquet of flowers for somebody to celebrate their birthday. Lovely colours!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia, beautiful card, love the flower arrangement.
    sound like you had a perfect day yesterday, bet you just love going to work.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous, love the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous card and absolutely luv the stitching around the edges and the curled back effect xx fabby xx your cards always look so effortless xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    Lovely card, very pretty arrangement of flowers. Sounds like you had a good day at work.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful card, loving all the flowers.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very pretty card Patricia - I love all the flower and in my favourite colours too.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Patricia!
    Love those flowers and the background is stunning!
    Very elegant
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, Wow !! this card is gorgeous, loving the stitching and the corner turnover, and the gorgeous flowers, truly beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card Patricia! Love the turnover corner with its pretty flowers inside and the fine stitching, so elegant! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card Patricia, it is gorgeous with that beautiful cascade of wonderful flowers. Love your stitching too (and your funny story!). Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Patricia and love your beautiful flower spray

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia, this is lovely! As always, beautiful floral element...Fab story too, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What a beautiful card Patricia - the flowers are gorgeous! Your story made me chuckle.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Patricia love the floral arrangement.
    As for your story I giggled too. The day was that busy you just got the envelope. LOL.
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow Patricia.
    this card with pretty flowers is stunning.

    i know you are following me , but my blog url has changed from scrapcardsfromlasize to http://cardsvintageandmore.blogspot.nl

    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Patricia...Stunning flowers as always...Love it!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patricia
    Fabulous card.... Fabulous flowers....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the stitching and the flowers on this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete