Friday, 25 October 2013

"My Granny"

Hello and welcome to my Blog.
Thank you so much for popping in to see what I have been up to.  I love that you do that and leave all your wonderful comments.  I read each and every one.  I do try to return the favour, if you don`t have a Blog I thank you for visiting.  Thank you all for your continued support, without you all this would not be any fun at all.
Today we were along at the school to see the "Project" children from primary 1 to 3 have been doing since they went back in the summer.  "School in my Granny`s day"  We had a great afternoon looking at all their wonderful work, the research they had done and how they had done it.  Lots of information was gathered together from Granny`s, Grandpas also Great Granny`s.  There were photographs of some of the Grandparents/Great Grandparents who had actually gone to that school.  There were picture of old cars, tractors, a selection of old toys and games. They even had an old "belt"  We used the "belt" in Scotland rather than the "cane"  The children had done loads of work, they made lovely biscuits for the cup of tea as well.
They all had to write about their Granny.
Here is Roberts bit about "ME"


It is very out of focus, it was high up, I would have had to stand on something to get a better picture.  I have written it out for you to read:- not that I am proud Granny or anything!!!!

My Granny 
My granny has blue eyes.  Sometimes she wears dresses.  She always wears necklaces that she has made.  I love making cakes with her and I love putting the topping on top of the cakes.  I get mail with her and help her look at it.  I often get the newspaper too.  Sometimes she gives me chocolate and lollipops.  She spoils me but I don`t mind.  She takes me to the park with Grandpa and Thomas to play cricket it is fun.  
Granny makes me feel happy

by Robert P3

Robert is a wee darling BUT we have our moments, he is very untidy........!!!  Drops things at his tail and walks off, does not get away with it in this house.   The one thing I don`t give them are lollipops......I have this awful fear about if they fall it would go down their throat.  His father never got them either so don`t know where he got that one from.

That`s it for today I will be back soon with a quick card I was asked to do today......needed for tomorrow!!!!  I had to get out the "magic wand" give it a bit of a polish.  I have a few cards to do for Hazel`s daughter, they are not needed till Wednesday, thank goodness.
Thank you for calling by today I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx


Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. Hello Patricia, Robert's seniments of your are just lovely, and maybe he is hoping that if he mentions lolliepops they might happen.
    You are a much loved Granny!!

    Sounds as if you had a wonderful day at the school and what a fabulous project to do with the children, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh bless, this is lovely Patricia. Sounds like a wonderful day. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how sweet! Something to treasure.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. evening Patricia, this is lovely and will be treasured! Glad you had a good day, hugs Carole Z cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful Patricia - proud granny!!!! And a lucky granny too. Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful Patricia, fetched a tear to my eyes, take`s me back a few years.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww how very lovely! I especially love the last line 'Granny makes me feel happy'
    Glad you have had a good day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely Patricia. I love seeing what children do and what they write can sometimes comes from their very vivid imagination. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big sis, at least he wrote nice things about you, Robert just being Robert.
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia
    Isn't it fabulous how much he loves you to write such lovely things.
    I was gobsmacked that it was typed. We had to handwrite everything until about year 10. How times are a changing eh?
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! bless him, what a little sweetie Robertt is.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful Patricia you must be so proud and I bet it brought a tear to your eye - it did me. This is what I miss so much about mine being able to develop a close relationship. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia,
    I expect your were a very proud granny when this, bet you had a tear as well. Sounds like you had a great afternoon.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aawww... melt, melt!! Your grandson loves you to the moon and back and you feel the same way about him, otherwise he wouldn't have written such sweet, fine words, bless him, sweet little man! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Patricia,

    Ah how nice that your Grandson wrote this about you. So sweet. You can tell he loves you very much and I am sure that love is returned just as much.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patricia what a lovely thing for Robert to write it must have bought a lump to your throat and a tear in your eye...grandchildren are so precious

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia, Bless! It sounds like you had a lovely day. It's great to see what they do in school, and of course this topic would have brought back memories of your childhood. To top it all the wonderful piece of writing to put in your treasure box. Take care.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful idea for the school to get the kids to look back at how things used to be at the school and what wonderful words from Robert xx you must be so proud xx have a fab weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwwh, Granny! He loves you to bits, even if he is a mucky pup. How special. Good luck with the cards. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  20. ach liebe patricia, das ist ja ein ganz lieber beitrag....kinder sind so unverstellt und von herzen liebend, das ist köstlich...
    liebe grüsse zum sonntag
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Patricia, that's so lovely the love between you is so precious, my little grand daughter told me she loved me yesterday for the first time x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, Awwww that is so lovely, well done Robert.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lovely Patricia! So special! I too don't like giving the children lollipops, they scare me also. Keep safe this weekend!xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia,
    this is a very special keepsake. I do love it when our grandchildren make us us such lovely things and drawings. Mine are all up on my craft room door.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete