Thursday, 3 October 2013

"Now the Box"

Hello Blog friends, I hope the rain has not been too bad your way.
We did not have rain till late afternoon, it was just down right miserable from early morning.
Thank you for coming to visit, I know you are all busy people.  I love that you take time out of your busy day to drop into my Blog space.  I read all your lovely comments and really enjoy popping over to  your Blogs to see what you have been up to. 
Went to Perth this morning to get my hair cut so  -  a happy bunny again.  I was going to do some shopping but that all changed.  Audrey phoned to remind us about the School Harvest Concert this afternoon.  Remind us!!!! she had forgotten to even tell us...........typical just typical of our darling Audrey.   We spent from 1.45 this afternoon at the school.  The "performance" started at 2pm Oh! My! Word! some of the children were so funny.  Bearing in mind there are only 20 children in the school, they did extremely well.  They have 4 children who play Bass Instruments, not that well, but they did their very best.  The children had spent the morning baking Apple Muffins and an Apple Tray Bake to serve with the teas and coffees.  The apples came from the trees in the School garden.  All in all we had a good afternoon.
I did intend making a card to post on my Blog tonight but I ran out of time.  You just have to put up with the final part of the Gift Box of Cards  ......  the box itself.


The original box I  made did not have the panel, frame or butterfly.
I saw the beautiful box that Ang, (Mrs Duck) had made for her card.   I decided I had to make an effort and do something better than a "plain old box"
The box measures 7 x 91/2 x 11/2 inches made with Lidl card.  A heads up from (Mrs Duck) thank you so much for that.  I used plain brown card for the base and patterned for the top.  The 12 cards are set out two lots of 6 side by side
I make all my boxes using my Ultimate Pro
Die Cut panel done using a SB Die
Frame using SB Matting Basics Dies
Organza ribbon and pearls to finish off

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for visiting today I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx

Bed early tonight I am working in the Tearoom tomorrow, then it is the weekend again!!!

Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. Just got here as you posted this, Its Beautiful Patricia. I always love browns so its a winner already. Its going to be a gorgeous box of cards.
    Huge hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful box Patricia. I'm actually in bed as I write. We have to be at the hospital for Andrew's MSK appointment at 8.30am. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely box Patricia, must use my die you have done that panel with, another unused one.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Patricia, I love the die cut panel and delicate butterfly.
    Glad you enjoyed the school Harvest concert. I really miss all that now my children are older.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous box for a set of gorgeous cards (I said and I did scroll back through your posts - fabby) xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful box Patricia, Its lovely we get so much inspiration from each other, that's what makes crafting so lovely, all the new friends we make and sharing what we know, it's great.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia
    Thanks for your kind comment but I only jazzed my box up because my cards in it were so plain lol! I laugh too as you will see what I post in a few days, using the Butterfly Magic.
    Gorgeous packaging for your gorgeous cards.
    Best wishes
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and elegant box!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely box for your cards Patricia it showcases them beautifully! I love going to school to see the little concerts they put on, what a joy! Hope the tearoom goes well and watch that coffee machine! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautful Patricia, I always think a boz makes acard more special.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia, So glad you had a fantastic day yesterday at the Harvest Concert, it sounded brilliant.
    I love your box, the perfect finishing touch to your magnificent gift for Oriel, she will love it.
    Does Lidl sell card, then, I must investigate ha ha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Patricia, your Harvest Concert sounds lovely. Your box is as Patricia above says, the perfect finishing touch, and I am sure that Oriel will be so thrilled with it. Weather here today is rain but not too cold 16 degrees. Take care.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your box is beautifully created, as always, Patricia.....I love the colours!

    I had to stop by and thank you for your concern, and for sticking with me. Unfortunately, I haven't been well. I've had to have quite a lot of tests which are still on going. I've also had to put crafting and blogging on hold for a while.
    Thanks again, Patricia.
    Hugs, Sasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    The perfect finishing touch to the lovely cards you have made, I'm sure your friend will love them.
    Harvest concert sounds fun, young children can be so funny even when they aren't trying.
    Have a good day at the tea room.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is fantastic, you have inspired me to make a few gift boxes with cards, what a fantastic gift to give!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful box Patricia, love the colours and the ribbon is just wonderful. What a lovely gift to receive, Oriel will be delighted with it.

    The School festival sounded like fun, it's always good to see children perform, good or not so good, they put their little hearts and souls into it. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, this book is the perfect finis for your cards. A fabulous gift for your friend. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. H Patricia, love your box and how you've added to it. Especially the butterfly and ribbon. The harvest festival sounds like a fun trip out.
    Enjoy the tea rooms, you'll be busy no doubt, me too at work, boo!
    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning box Patricia, love the butterfly design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning box Patricia, love the butterfly design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning box Patricia, love the butterfly design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful box Patricia..Love the beautiful butterfly...have a good weekend... I hope the tea room is not to busy... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful box Patricia, a gift in itself. Hope your feet survived today. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous box Patricia! Couldn't help myself but I was immediately thinking chocolate ;-) You've done a great job here. I desperately need to go to the hairdresser's as well, but simply don't have the time at the moment, argh! And Saturday is no option, because that's the busiest day of the week for my hairdresser! So if you see someone with hair like a blown up chicken, that's bound to be me, lol! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful way to present your gorgeous cards. Love this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete