Sunday, 27 October 2013

"On Your Special Day"

Hello and welcome to my Blog.
Thank you for visiting me and leaving all your lovely messages regarding Robert`s writting about his granny  -  ME!!    It did bring a big lump to my throat and I had a tear in my eye when I read it at the school.   I do try to return the favour of commenting on the Blogs of all who come visit me.   If I have missed anyone over the past few days I do apologise.  It`s life in the Fast Lane here at the moment.
When John Jnr got the Job he has we knew there would be times when we would be called on to keep the boys.  Today was one of these occasions.  Mum a Midwife was working. John should have been off but was called away to a meeting. He dropped the boys off at 11am  picked them up at 4pm.  No problem we love having them.  Thomas is a great one for making up games.  Today I got the request to make "paper aeroplanes"   Now that`s one thing I have never been good at niether has their Grandpa.  However between us we got them made.  We then had a competition to see who's plane would fly the furthest down the hall.  Thomas laid out markers, we got points for distance.......Oh! its all fun and games in this house.
Today`s card is one I made in a hurry on Friday.   Got a phone call needing a quick card, how quick?  Well its for a wedding we are going to tomorrow!!!!  People amaze me they have all that time from the when the invitation comes in and they leave things to the last minute. So very plain and simple, customer delighted, that`s the main thing.



White base card 5 x 5
White card embossed with Sue Wilson`s Lattice Hearts Folder
I stamped the JustRite Sentiment before cutting with SB Lacy Squares Die
White Organza ribbon from Mieflower for a triple bow.  Their ribbon ties the best bows IMO

That`s it for today catching up with some orders that have to be in the post for Tuesday morning.  Plus I have to finish off putting together Tuesday`s class projects.
Thank you for popping in today I really appreciate it
Till next time, stay safe from these storms that have been predicted
Hugs

Patricia   xxx




Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. Hello Patricia, loving your card, it's quite stunning and the dies you've used are gorgeous, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say plain and simple - I say, extremely elegant!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia. I totally agree about Meiflower ribbon too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Patricia, very sticking. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card may be 'simple' but is still stunning. I love he elegant design and gorgeous sentiment.
    It sounds like you have had a fun day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia
    Less is definitely more here. Simple but elegant. I use Mei Flower satin ribbon. She should be at the Nec.
    Off to bed before the deluge starts.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, liebe patricia....ich kann einfach nur schwärmen...zauberhaft gelungen...
    liebe grüsse für die neue woche....
    herzlichst ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Patricia, So glad you had a good day with the boys, I must admit I don't think I could remember how to fold a paper plane now, it's been ages since I last made one ha ha. Who won the contest ??
    Your card is really gorgeous and so elegant. It is so extraordinary how some people leave everything until the last minute, talk about pressure on you when you got the phonecall, but you certainly produced a 'work of Art'.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you felt your card was 'plane' and simple!! They're on the brain now :) You might be interested in this for when the boys come to visit again; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paper-Airplane-2014-Activity-Box/dp/1449435092/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382945451&sr=1-8&keywords=paper+aeroplanes
    They could also possibly have a bash at a spot of origami? LOADS of fun tutorials on line for this. You never know, they could be creating potential card toppers for more of those last minute requests!! Have a great day Patricia. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous wow card Patricia. Very elegant.
    Have a lovely day
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Patricia
    I have just popped over from Johns blog and just had a look at a few of your gorgeous cards , i have todays die { must confess to only using it a few times } i seem to get a die then i dont know what to do with it lol .
    Your card looks very elegant and expensive i love it ,so im going to try your style today with a Christmas stamp , also a poinsettia in the middle .
    Thank you for sharing
    I must say i loved reading your Granny letter .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely classy card Patricia..love white on white

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia,
    A beautiful card, you call it simple I call it elegant.
    Sound like you had a fun day with the boys.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia. Just nipped over from John's blog. Love white on white and todays card is beautiful. No wonder the recipient is pleased. Had a look at some of your other cards and as John said they are lovely creations with amazing flowers.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, I love white cards........

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful card, less is more as they say and I am sure they will be delighted with the result.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia, I love this card, so elegant! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very elegant card Patricia. I love this die because you don't actually need to use lots of embellishments as it can stand on it's own. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another stunning card and just luv the white on white effect and well done at such short notice (I would have just gone blank I'm sure) I get an idea then another and then I get muddled so spend most of my time trying to think of what to do!! is anyone else like that? But this card is simply elegant and the sentiment says it all xx luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!!
    Another stunning card. Gorgeous dies and love the white on white style!
    Absolutely beautiful Abd very elegant.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia,
    this a very beautiful design. Love the white on white.
    Isn't it just great fun making those planes and flying them. You didn't tell us who won. lol.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful white on white card Patricia, love the design, beautiful keepsake.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love a WOW card. Super design Patricia.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete