Tuesday, 5 November 2013

"Happy Birthday card"

Hello fellow Bloggers and crafty friends.
Welcome to my little corner of the wonderful world of Blogging.  Thank you so much for taking time to come visit, I hope you like what you see and continue to come back.  
It was absolutely "Freezing" here today.  When I opened the curtains this morning I thought the snow had made it to lower levels but it was just an extremely thick frost......Brrrrr!!!!  It did turn damp later in the afternoon then it was just down right miserable.
Gail who comments on mine and some other Blogs has now set up an active Blog.  Please pop over and visit if you have time. http://getcraftingnow.blogspot.co.uk/   We all know that daunting feeling when we first start.
I have managed to get all my Card Class projects done and bagged for next Tuesday.  I know it seams rather early but Birmingham is looming this weekend.  Next week we have the boys Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.  Thank goodness they are at school, although it will mean clock watching. 
Today's card is one I have made in advance for my friend Pearl.  She is not into Blogs or even the computer so hopefully she will not see it.


Base card white 6 x 6
Cream card I had embossed with a Sploge Away brick wall effect stencil just to see how it would turn out.   It worked out OK, obviously not quite as deep as an embossing folder but it is fine.  It was in my Bit Box so I decided to use it up as a background
A piece of white 160gsm paper punched with a Martha Stewart Punch.  I like this punch but it does not like paper of any thickness.  I never use it now, I had intended throwing it out and was giving it one last chance.  I have put it back in the box .... we will see how long it gets kept.  Certainly does not like card that`s for sure
Computer generated greeting mounted on cream card, tails cut by hand and a "Pearl" added
Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and leaves.  The twirly bits are the cut off stems twisted round the end of my Poky tool or cocktail stick

That`s it for today
Thank you for calling in I really appreciate that
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx
 

Posted by Picasa

36 comments:

  1. A lovely freshness to this card and that cluster of flowers is so gorgeous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lynne about the fresh feel to this card, that was my though when I first saw it. Love your arrangement and the flowers are lovely. Not like you to use bought flowers but they are gorgeous anyway. Have a great time at the NEC and hope you meet up with lots of fellow bloggers.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Patricia. I love the sinplicity of the white ,with just the flowers for colour. Hope you all have the time of your life at the NEC. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a very pretty card, Patricia! I love your floral spray! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Patricia..love your punching and pretty flowers

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Big Sis, bought flowers? My goodness that does not happen often!!! Pearl will love this. See you in the morning.

    Hazel xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a very pretty card, Patricia love the punched paper and the beautiful flowers.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Patricia, such a beautiful design and a lovely flower arrangement.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Patricia. Love the punch and the flowers. I agree about the punches. I find that a lot of them will only work on paper or very light weight card and it does not seem to make any difference which brand you use they are all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Patricia, such an elegant card, love the white, and it makes the beautiful flowers really stand out. The punched borders are lovely, pity you find they don't work all that well.
    Enjoy your meet up with Hazel and friends tomorrow, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful birthday card for Pearl, she will love this Patricia, love punched border and pretty flowers.
    enjoy the NEC..have fun.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,

    This card is gorgeous, so lovely and the flowers really set it off against the boarders. Really elegant.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,
    fab card. Love the design of this. I'm sure Pearl will be soooooooo! pleased with it.
    Have put a tutorial up on the top of my blog on the flower you liked.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia a stunning card for Pearl I am sure she will love it - what is not to love? MS punches are always so pretty but you are right about them not liking card I think I have broken a couple trying to force them! Wish I was going to Birmingham and I will be driving right by it on Saturday taking some things in a van for my son in London! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Christine! Have a great time at the NEC, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Patricia,
    Beautiful card, lovely your flower arrangement (even if you did buy them) I'm sure your friend will love it too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia
    Lovely card and I'm sure that Pearl will love it. The flowers are gorgeous.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, me again
    I've tried that blog address for Gail and getting nothing. Are you able to link it Patricia?
    Thanks
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scrap that, I've found it via Gail's comment on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning Patricia

    Here at last!!!

    It has been a tad chilly here too .. .. and hubby had to scrape his car windscreen on Monday!!! That was a real shock to the system.

    Sounds like you have a busy few days coming up. Have fun at the NEC. I am being good (and strong) and staying away!

    Loving your card. That punched background looks great!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia
    A lovely card today ,so pretty and fresh looking ,i just love the twirly bits and will be saving all stems from now on { why did i not think of this } so thank you for the tip. I have made a beautiful rose and im right proud of myself ,i have put it in a little vase so i can look at it { haha how sad am i ? }
    Have a lovely day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, lovely card, I am sure Pearl will love it. Love the floral spray. Take care.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a pretty card Patricia and somebody will be pleased to get this one.... love the flowers , they are the finishing touch ... beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia,

    Such a lovely card - Pearl is a very lucky lady.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A lovely card with a pretty flower cluster. I have a couple of punches like that which is so annoying because the darn things are not cheap. I had a super snowflake punch which I eventually binned for that reason. Like you I kept trying it but no luck. Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. now that is just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Patricia.
    In answer to your question my bracelet isn't itchy at all. No different to a jumper.
    Loving your WOW card with a beautiful floral arrangement.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another stunning card and the punched borders look fab xx thanks for sharing my details on your blog and thanks Mrs Duck for persevering xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh WOW this is simply beautiful! Thank you for your kind words on my Blog today. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Patricia, Beautiful, beautiful card, Pearl will love it. The border punch-out is beautiful and the flowers are gorgeous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so pretty. A fabulous design and gorgeous flowers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty Patricia, gorgeous flowers as always. Lora arrived home from her school trip this afternoon complaining of how cold it had been where she was...and she never complains of the cold! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a pretty card Patricia....Stunning flowers as always.... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card Patricia, love the gorgeous flowers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete