Friday, 29 November 2013

"More my Style again"

Hello Blog friends, has anyone else felt it a lot colder today??
Did the food shopping, fridge and cupboards full once again for a couple of days.  That should keep us going till we go off for our couple of days next week.
Spent most of the afternoon at John & Audrey`s the boys are off school till Tuesday.  Thomas "needed his Grandpa" he is sick.  School closed for a break and in bed sick .......what a bummer!!!   Just one of the many bugs going about I suppose.  Any time Thomas is ill he needs his Grandpa with him.  I think is comes from when he was born.  He was in an incubator for 48 hours, John spent so much time sitting with him holding his hand.  We were all there at some point but I feel a bond was created between those two that is there to this day.   Robert only ever wants his mum when he is ill.


Another card I made when I had "Play Time" yesterday.
I have used the same Die as I used on the card I did not like..................but I do like this one, more my style.
White base card approx 5 x 7
NitWits backing paper from a LOTV  Paper Pad
Frame cut using 1st and 2nd larger Dies from SB Opulent Ovals set
Heartfelt Lace Border Die
Heartfelt Classic Leaf Die
Cheery Lyn Chrysanthemum Strip Die 
Some swirls I received as a wee gift from my Blogging friend Rita some time ago.
Some other flowers punched out using a Martha Stewart Punch
Pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts popped in the centre of the flowers

I remember seeing something similar to this design when Hazel and I were trawling Blogs while we were on holiday last year.  It stuck in my mind because it was so my style.  I think it could have been the HeartFelt Blog.  Who ever and where ever I thank them for the inspiration.

Thats it from me for today folks
Thank you so much for taking time to came calling.   I really appreciate that you take time out of your busy day to visit me.
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx

 

Posted by Picasa

30 comments:

  1. What a stunning card Patricia. Love those pretty flowers. I am having craft withdrawal symptoms at the moment as the decorators arrive tomorrow to do the hall and stairs. We have 5 unvarnished doors downstairs and 5 again upstairs. Plus the new balistrades and walls. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Patricia. Your flowers are gorgeous and I love how you have arranged them.
    I hope Thomas is better soon and that you have a good weekend
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created card, Patricia. I love all those pretty florals x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A superb design Patricia. You are a real master at creating beautifully balanced floral bouquets like this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card Patricia - really pretty details. Hope Thomas gets better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. woou wat een schitterende kaart.
    Fijn weekend
    Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Patricia, Awwww that's such a lovely story of Thomas and Grandpa, I hope Thomas gets well soon, a definite 'bummer' when you are off school to end up being ill !!
    Your card is really pretty, loving all the flowers and foliage and the backing paper is really lovely.
    I was trying to make the origami boxes again yesterday afternoon, managed to get two 'bottoms' done, but decided to craft in my craft room rather than bring all the components downstairs, it was hard work trying to do the 'folding' in such a small space (my desk is cluttered haha).
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely card, and yes more your normal style. Love your floral display you always arrange so well.
    Hope Thomas is feeling better soon.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia
    Super card and backing paper chuck. Very much your style.
    Hope Thomas feels better soon. It really is naff being ill when schools out.
    Dreadful news from Glasgow when I got up this morning. Hope no ones family are involved from you Scottish gals.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Patricia. Love your use of that HC border! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    I hope Thomas is feeling better today ?,
    A lovely card ,the flowers are beautiful, i am away to look at some Cheery Lyn Dies ,{ i only tend to look at Spellbinders ,i dont know why ? } Have a lovely Weekend
    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card Patricia and the color you have chosen for it. The flowers look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Patricia, such a lovely story about Thomas and his Grandad, I'm sure there's something in your theory. I hope Thomas feels better soon.
    lovely card, gorgeous paper and those dies are wonderful, love your design. Enjoy your weekend, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card yet again, you make the most amazing flowers and luv the border along the bottom xx what a fab story about Thomas and his Grandpa and hope he feels better very soon xx have a fab weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Patricia, really gorgeous, love the use of all the dies.

    Hope Thomas is feeling betterc soon.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor Thomas hope he is feeling better, love the bonding story. Your card is delightful love it.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Patricia, Love your flowers... I hope your Grandson is feeling much better....Great story about Granddad & Thomas..bless him... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,

    Love the card - just my style. Thank you.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Patricia, love the lace dies and all the fun die cuts and flowers. Really made a pretty design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the flowers so 3D like a corsage

    John x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, another beautiful card the style is your 'trade mark' so to speak. I am now back in nearly the lfe of the living, although since my father passed away I haven't touched my crafting yet, still have so much sadness inside. Hugz Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi sweetie, this is just stunning, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww!! hope Thomas is soon well Patricia, what a shame when he could have been enjoying a school break xx
    Beautiful card! love the detail on it.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this style of card that you create too Patricia.....loving your floral arrangement as always the touch of ink on the leaves fairly make them pop.
    I hope the boys are feeling better now and that Grandpa doesn't get whatever they've had too.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  26. gorgeous, gorgeous ,gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi honey
    What a beautiful cards!
    Love your style of cards and every single one of then are gorgeous.
    Love the brown in this one too!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia,
    super creation yet again. Love those beautiful flowers. Great design as always.
    So sorry to hear your grandson is not well, hears hoping hes feeling a lot better SOON.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet story Patricia, hope Thomas is doing much better now? Love visiting your blog again, you have made such fabulous, lovely and stunning creations, thanks for the diversion, I really needed that at the mo. And thanks for your sweet words and support, so thoughtful of you... Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete