Tuesday, 19 November 2013

"Tonic Butterfly`s"

Hello and welcome, hope you are all well and managing to steer clear of the coughs & sneezes doing the rounds.
Feeling so much better today.  Probably thanks to the good "nursing" I got from John ... please don`t tell him I said that.  
I actually feel "normal" today.  Well!!! to be honest I have never really been "normal"  ..... tried it once.  It was rather boring so I just went back to being me!!!!!
Drove John to Perth this morning to have that tooth removed.  He did say he did not need me to be with him.  I left him to go to the Dentist himself while I did some food shopping.  Tell you what I know he was glad I was there to drive him home.  He is feeling a wee bit sorry for himself.  It must be quite sore I have do doubt about that.  John has really good teeth, they are big and this was a back tooth. He has been sitting very quite this evening watching the telly.

Nattyboots:-   you asked me how to make the boxes I had on my Blog yesterday.
Today Christina from Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls also Card-Making-Magic has a Tutorial on her Blog.   Please pop over and have a look.  Her Video Tutorial is absolutely brilliant, she really does a fantastic job showing you what to do.
For anyone who has not tried these boxes yet, you must have a go.  They are very easy, once you have mastered one you are up and running. 
My card for today uses up some bits & pieces I had lying about from previous card makes.


Base card is approx 41/2 x 61/2 white card stock  .....  an end from something I had done
Card embossed with Sizzix Rose embossing folder which I inked with TH Victorian Velvet Distress ink.
SB Opulent Oval and Classic Ovals used to form a frame.  Should have made the frame much deeper/thicker.    You "Live and Learn"
My new Tonic Butterfly Die.  I bought it at NEC Birmingham, the packet opened for the first time today.
It is the Mazarine Blue Butterfly Die Set.  In the set you get the base Die plus a Big and Small Butterfly also a flower Die to give added dimension.  This is my first Tonic Die and I LOVE it.  Cuts beautifully, falls out of the Die with no waxed paper necessary. 
John and Audrey always struggle for something to give me at Christmas.  They usually ask, the past two years I have requested Dies.  Think that might be the request again.  Whats the bet they will have found something this year

That`s it for today folks
Thank you so much for calling by.   I love that you take time to do that.  I hope you manage to get a little bit of inspiration now and again
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

Posted by Picasa

32 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Patricia. Love the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Patricia. I'm so glad you are feeling better. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful Patricia, my favourite ink colour with white card, love this embossing and die cuts.
    glad you are feeling better today.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Patricia - really pretty. So glad ur feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another brilliant card, love the butterfly die, was using some of the butterflies you had given me today, I think it might be a die that I will have to buy. Hope John is feeling better tomorrow. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Patricia, I love the pretty design and delicate colours.
    I am pleased that you are feeling better today.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia
    Lovely, elegant card. Much rather folk ask what you want for Christmas/birthday. Surprises are not always good things in my experience lol!
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and luvly delicate colours xx I luv how your backgrounds work out so well with the inking of the emboss folder - mine is so 'hit and miss' xx glad you are feeling better and I know what you mean about feeling normal!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia,

    Stunning card, love the whole card, the embossing the colouring, dies, all wonderful, such a pretty card. I found Tattered lace dies brilliant too no need for any wax paper, they do just fall out.
    Glad you are starting to feel 'yourself' again and hope John's mouth is feeling better too, you did have a quiet evening!?

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are feeling better Patricia, and now your turn to look after John. Love your card and that die looks interesting.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant and pretty Patricia! I do hope John is feeling brighter today! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad u feeling better, i,ve taken aturn for the worst, sore throat. Yuk. Card is gorgeous. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, As I was reading your post about John and his tooth extraction, I was actually feeling the pain 'for him', it is an awful experience and we can all commiserate with him. Let's hope that John is feeling a little better today.
    So glad you are feeling better today.
    I love your card today, very pretty, and lovely soft colours.
    Have a lovely day, it is blowing a gale and raining here, yucky !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card Patricia, im so pleased you feel better .
    Thank you for the link ,i will pop over shorty.

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just popped back to say a big big thank you ,i found the box ,guess what i am going to be doing today ???? , must away now as i am going to be a very busy girl XXXX

    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are better Patricia and I hope John feels wells soon. Lovely card made from one of your purchases. Been so busy and had little time to craft over the last couple of weeks. Must make time!!!! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, pleased to hear you are feeling better and I hope John is too after the dentist experience.

    gorgeous card, love the die, but then I've been a convert for a while and the latest ones are brill.
    Love the beautiful soft colours on the embossing.
    Oh Alistair has just switched on the radio to a vienese waltz, must go and grap him for a swirl round the loung, bye, have a great day, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,

    Such a pretty, happy card. Am happy today .... the snow has gone thank goodness.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful project Patricia. I hope John has recovered from his dental exploits and so glad to hear that you are feeling better too. I apologise I've been AWOL for a while with an injured DH but he is on the mend now and I can get back to a bit more commenting etc. :) Have a lovely week. Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia,
    pleased you are feeling better.
    Love your card the colours are so delicate, just lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous card Patricia. I love the colours and the way you've used the dies.
    Glad you are starting to feel better.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia, glad you are feeling better...this is a lovely, delicate card..beautiful! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Patricia! Love those tonic dies , really need to get one myself.
    Gorgeous colors too. Previous projects are just beautiful.
    I'm so sorry for my lack of posting kn your posts. I've been in terrible pain and nothing is helping. Hope you are well?
    Hugs
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is just beautiful!! Very elegant and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Patricia, well at last i am here to catch up. Beautiful card, I agree about Tonic dies,I only have one as well but it cuts beautifully.
    Love the pretty soft colour you chose for the card.
    Looks like you have had lots going on of late. Glad John got his tooth sorted and you feel Normal again ....lol
    Well done to your son on his OBE thats wonderful xxxx
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. gorgeous card Patricia. . love the colours. fab embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Patricia.....sorry it isn't quite as big as bunting!
    Hope you are feeling better and hubby's tooth removal went well....he'll be sore, ouch!
    Great card. It feels so much better when using up some bits and bobs. Love your colour combo.
    Have a good weekend, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia

    Sounds like you and John have both been through the wars a bit since my last visit. I hope you both feel much better now.

    Pleased to see your new craft goodies are starting to make an appearance. Such lovely die work and the delicate colours are so pretty.

    Hope you have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card Patricia and love your embellishments and subtle colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Patricia,
    sorry to hear you have not been well. I do hope you are feeling better soon.
    Love your card such a very pretty design as usual.
    sorry I haven't been around for a while.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hope you feel better soon Patricia. Love this pretty card, it's so nice to use up bits and pieces from the table of craftiness isn't it ! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog about my 12 days of Christmas house, it was great fun to do. Thanks also so much for the link to the tutorials for the amazing boxes, I really must try the origami boxes myself.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete