Monday, 25 November 2013

"Wreath Card"

CoooEeee!!! Blog friends I am back!!!  Do not know for how long but I am here today.
OMG!! were has the time gone.  This past week I have not had time to change my mind, nor had a minute to play.
Thank you so much for staying with me I really do appreciate that you do that.  I have tried to keep up with as many of your Blogs as possible.  If I have missed you it is not intentional, I just do not seem to have the time just now.  I promise I will get round you all soon.
Things are so hectic here at the "Homestead" John has actually taken the "Bull by the Horns" and booked a couple of nights away next week.  It must be bad when John sees it.
We have also had the boys a fair bit these past few weeks, just circumstances.......  They are no problem, just extra work.  However for the first time in almost 7 years I was glad to see Robert going home on Saturday afternoon.  Oh! Man! talk about exasperating!!!!    John never raises his voice to the boys, actually he never really raises his voice.  Well he did on Saturday when Robert spoke back to him...................enough said.................children!!!!
I was trying to tidy away some bits and pieces, I want it all used, binned, in the bag for the school or finally tidied away before the end of this week.
After the cleaning, washing and soup made today I got down to finishing off all the bits for the Card Class tomorrow.  I did find time to play as well and I really loved that couple of hours to loose myself.
Here is the card I made



6x6 white Base Card
Pink card stock I pierced round the edge
Piece of Tilda Paper that was been lying in the bundle.   I think I had intended making a box lid with this bit.  Could not find any card for the base...................to late now it is used!!!
Circles I had cut for something and never used finally found there way on to this card
Bits of ribbon I had pulled out for something.....no Idea what it had been for but they are used up now.
I like doing this ribbon weaving.  It looks quite complicated but once you get into the swing of doing it, it is easy
Embellished with bits from my box

Hopefully I might get back tomorrow.  I have the Card Class to do in the morning, I would really like to find time to play in the afternoon.  I am out at night so no chance then
Till I get back
Be good, keep warm
Hugs

Patricia   xxx
 
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

  1. I know the feeling Patricia. I have no idea where the time goes these days. Your card is lovely and I was demonstrating the ribbon braiding to the ladies at my mother's wee club, it is so easy to do once you get the hang of it as you say. Take care and find some time for yourself.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia. So glad that John is looking after you, and taking you away for a few days sounds just what's needed. Beautiful card and I love the ribbon weaving too. Take time to breathe . Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Patricia, the braiding looks lovely. Enjoy your few days away...sounds like you need it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your pretty wreath card and such gorgeous colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, How lovely of John to arrange a few days away, he obviously sees that you need it.
    Your card is beautiful, I so love the ribbon weaving, I tried it once at one of the Shows in Manchester, but haven't done it since, but it is really effective.
    Have a lovely time at your craft class tomorrow.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and luvin the ribbon wreath - fab xx have a few days away and chill xx take care xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evening Patricis, this card is totally stunning! Beautiful ribbon wreath in gorgeous colours, glad you are getting a few days away! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Patricia. I love the ribbon but rarely do it now as I find it uses far too much ribbon. Enjoy your few days away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Patricia. I always mean to try this ribbon weaving. One of these days I will. Take it a bit easier - and enjoy your couple of days away. Hugs Christine xx
    PS Still no computer yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia,
    it's lovely that you found some me time, in your very busy life at the moment, and what fab results came from it too. I do love that wreath.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Patricia, pleased to hear you found a little time to yourself and produced this beautiful card. I love the ribbon weaving and the colours are gorgeous, it's a wonderful design.
    Enjoy your break away, well done John for noticing!! take care, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia what an intricate card so much detail there. How exciting that John is taking you away for a few days, I am sure it will do you good! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see you back Patricia, what a beautiful card to come back with, love your ribbon detail.
    have a lovely break.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia, great to see you back and what a lovely card, the ribbon wreath is stunning. I want to have a go at this myself but at moment just don't have the time.

    Brilliant that you have used up bits and pieces.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning, I have done thie with ribbon and it is so effective, beautiful card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very beautiful card and lovely colors ,enjoy your card class ,and your little break .

    Stay Warm
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,

    Lovely to see you back. Just told Jacquie that top of my Santa list is a 48 hr day, but could do so much more if I didn't need to sleep!!!!

    I am soooo jealous. Love the ribbon weaving but not been able to do it yet - had a couple of goes, the language was lovely, and gave up, but I must try again. Everyone else seems to be more capable. Even watching Sue's tutorial didn't help. Hey ho.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good Morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous :0) big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully created, Patricia! Your ribbon wreath looks gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia,
    Beautiful card.
    When I retired I thought I would have more time, but it's not the case, the days just fly by, so yes I know how you feel.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia maybe there is something in the water just now as my two have been a bit of a handful too. Needless to say Xboxes are banned just now! (The only punishment that works)
    Love your card, the threaded ribbon is beautiful and I love the soft background paper. Just perfect.
    Happy "peaceful" crafting!
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card Patricia. The design and colours look gorgeous.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful Patricia, Love the Ribbon weaving and such pretty colours.
    Robert will not try it again ....lol
    hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia
    Sorry Im late but if anyone knows how it is these days, its you. Glad you and John are having a break together.
    Anyhoo, gorgeous card chuck. Have been having a play with red and green ribbon I got from the NEC but haven't decided on a card for them yet.
    Hope you get some chill time.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love, love, love this ribbon weaving Patricia. So clever. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete