Wednesday, 18 December 2013

"A Tartan Christmas"

Hello and welcome!!!!  Hope you are all well and not getting yourselves stressed out.
Remember it is only one day, how much food can we really eat????  I was in M&S this morning and you would have thought they were forecasting a "famine"..........................!!!
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedules to come visit.  I have been trying to get round everyone.  If I have missed you, am really sorry it is not intentional. I keep remembering things to do, go off and do them then I forget where I was and who I had left a comment with.   It`s an age thing ..................LOL
Was out for coffee with our friends this morning.  Hazel did not manage, I missed her being there for just seeing her and catching up, she also keeps check on the time.  With her having to get back for the girls she leaves at a certain time, so I just go as well.  Hazel not being there meant I stayed way over. 
Spent a lot of time catching up with jobs to be done when I got home.  Why do men never see these jobs????
Cards, all written, posted or delivered, parcels wrapped.  Now all I have to think about is the food.  Most of that is in hand, just a few things to be baked.  I feel I am well organised, no doubt I will have forgotten something.  I still have plenty time to get that sorted.
Today`s card is one of a Batch of Tartan Cards  I did.


Base card 6x6 white card
Red paper free with a magazine, there was also gold which I used on some other cards same design
Tartan paper is our own Family Tartan printed from the computer (looks a bit dull there) It is quite bright when you see the actual material.  John Jnr has his kilt made with this Tartan
I saw this Die being used and suddenly remembered I had bought it at SECC in Glasgow. 
Red ribbon from my ribbon box

That`s it for today must get a move on
Thank you so much for calling by I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx
 
  
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and luv the combo of red and the tartan - how good to have your own tartan xx my cards are now all made the posting ones are gone and I just have a few to hand out as and when I meet up with people but only one present wrapped and that was because I was seeing her yesterday!! - food shopping still to do but I'm sure it will all come together on the day xx (it has two choices)!! just think this time next week it will nearly be over!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Patricia. I love the colour combo. I nearly bought this die too and changed my mind at the last minute. Like you I still have a baking to do, but its just a tad too early. So I'll make Saturday my baking day. Just got some voucher cards to make and that's me done. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tartan card Patricia, and that fab die. Your last card was great too. I was out to lunch with some ex-colleagues today and Monday was out having coffee with other friends so now it's time to settle and catch up. Only one more present to buy and a few to wrap, and then just shopping and baking. Saturday is my shopping day - I refuse to venture out after that! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Patricia! You sound very organised, not like me who has still lots to do!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Patricia...so glad I'm not the only one who buys things and then forgets about them! Nearly organised here, bedrooms to clean tomorrow then baking at the weekend....must hunt out your bailey's truffles recipe!! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Patricia, it really is a wonderful die. I love the papers and beautiful ribbon too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Patricia. I love the way you've used the die and the fab papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia
    Organised? I wouldn't expect any less from a lady of your caliber!
    Love the card. I always think tartan looks festive, great that its your own too. May I ask what die it is as I've seen it used on other blogs and its very nice.
    Keep organised and stress free!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Evening Patricia, wonderful card, I love the colour theme and the tartan is great, the lovely red ribbon just sets the whole creation off. It's a marvellous die, must invest in it for next year, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a wonderful card Patricia and warm christmas colors.
    greetings from Ann.
    ps, my blog url has changed from scrapcardsfromlasize to http://cardsvintageandmore.blogspot.nl
    you can add yoursellf again as follower if you want.
    have a nice weekend and a beautiful christmas.
    greetings from Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super card Patricia..I invested in this die recently and love it, it's come in very useful and I think will get even more use next year! Love tartan on Christmas cards, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia, I know what you mean about 'shoppers' it was the same at my 'local' supermarket car park, it is only 'one' day but you would think these people were shopping for a 'siege', and if it is like this now, just think what it will be like the beginning of next week !!!!
    Your tartan card is beautiful, I always love tartan, I use a lot of tartan ribbon. I love this die you used, I looked at it at the Manchester Show, and it didn't jump out at me, but seeing it on your card has changed my mind, it is fantastic.
    The horrendous winds blew over my outside Christmas Tree last night, so we had to push it further towards the house wall, so I am going out, now that it is light, to sort out the tree and the lights.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,

    Tartan looks "just right" at Christmas. Love it. Thank you.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia a fabulous card it looks good with the tartan and I am definitely getting that die next year! I am having all my family and Dave's family at various times over Christmas and New Year so I need a lot of shopping and preparation! I don't want to have to be going out to the shops in between but I am sure I will forget something!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card Patricia love the tartan .

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha-ha Oh my man sees toooo much Patricia..I catch him doing something I have missed....lol then I feel guilty and he says No problem I can do it as easy as you can...Bless him!
    No don't Bless him on second thoughts as he has Man flu and boy don't we know it...lol its a head cold really but we will play along with him :o)..only because he is the secret Santa.
    Beautiful Tartan card, I so love Tartan, it must be the Scottish side in me :o)
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia,
    Love your card, how posh to have your own tartan. I hate shopping so mine is all done on line, except the fresh fruit and veg which hubby gets at our super farm shop.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another gorgeous card!!! If I don't make it around again before Christmas, have a blessed & wonderful holiday!!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A perfect, stylish, classy and very beautiful Christmas card, red and green always make such an elegant colour combo! Hugs, Ira
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can't beat a tartan Christmas Patricia.
    Hope you had a lovely day yesterday.
    Merry Christmas, hugs

    Erika.

    ReplyDelete