Thursday, 5 December 2013

"Christmas Cards"

Hello Bloggers I hope you are all safe.
John and I decided to come home early when we saw the weather forecast and Boy! am I so glad we did. I would not liked to have been on the roads at any time today.
Glasgow had lost a little of its fantastic Buzz!!! which was very understandable after the tragic events of the weekend.   
We had a great time, the "highlight" for me is the fact that we leave the car at the hotel and use public transport.  Now! to tell you the truth we buy an all day ticket for the "Subway" jump off and on at all the places we want to get to.  I "LOVE" traveling on the Subway........sad or what??
Thank you so much for all your visits and lovely comments I really enjoy that you continue to support me on my Blogging journey.
I have been busy with my knitting and boy! it is really beginning to take shape.  There are a few mistakes, hopefully they won`t be too noticeable.  When I do my next one I know it will be much better.  I have knitted for years plain stuff, fancy things, multi coloured designs but for some reason it took me 2 or 3 goes to get into the swing of the pattern on the shawl.  It is a very easy pattern, I just could not get any rhythm with it.  Cracked it now though so we are off and running.
Had to start my Christmas cards today  ..... yes I did say "start"
I have done so many for the classes I was sick to the back teeth of blooming Christmas Cards.
I have gone for the easy route with the general batch made cards.  


LOTV  Paper Pads have been a real treat to use.
A few Cosmic Shimmer Glue pearl, glitter dotted here and there fairly makes all the difference.
I have kept all the ones to be posted as flat as possible.  I do not get much pleasure doing cards like this but the cost of postage really has to be thought about these days.
I will make my special ones over the next few days so I will have some nicer ones to show you
  .
We have had to move the cars to just inside the drive gates to ensure that we get out through the snow.  I got up in the middle of the night to move my car I was worried that one of the trees might come down on it.  I left John`s, could not find his keys he had left them in his jacket pocket.
Our farmer neighbour is busy cutting up some of the fallen trees,.  Certainly plenty firewood lying about here at the moment.
Thank you for popping by I really appreciate it
Till next time, stay safe and warm
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

Posted by Picasa

30 comments:

  1. They could be placed in a Hallmark stand Patricia, they look that good! Lovely series of Christmas cards, take care, hope the storms won't hit your country too hard. Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous batch of Christmas cards Patricia. Hope you stay safe in this nasty weather.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your Christmas cards Patricia. Weather real bad here to and supposed to going out tonight! Oh joy!
    Happy crafting. Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your Christmas cards Patricia. Weather real bad here to and supposed to going out tonight! Oh joy!
    Happy crafting. Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, glad you enjoyed your little break and got home safely before the storm.. Very windy here overnight but it had eased off by mid morning thankfully. Your cards look lovely despite their flatness and I'm sure the recipients will be very pleased to receive them. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful set of cards as usual big sis, hope you don't get more snow over night. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous selection of cards Patricia, I love the images and fabulous designs.
    I hope you stay safe in this awful weather.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you had to cut your weekend short Patricia, but better safe than sorry. I had to stop for fuel on the way home and I had a real job trying to push the car door open against the strong wind. I really do not like wind at all. It can be so devastating. Love your cards. Stay safe and warm. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Patricia, love your cards, and I think they are beautiful, but of cours it is LOTV. Great designs too.

    Wise to come home early when the weather is so awful, but pleased to hear you enjoyed your break anyway, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards Patricia! Glad you got home safely, the weather was terrible here today also!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like us Patricia, We use public Transport every opportunity, We love parking the car up and letting someone else take the strain....lol
    Gorgeous CAS cards, I have loads to make yet and all to go to my homeland....Orkney so better get cracking.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards Patricia, love the images. Stay safe.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia
    I'm trying to imagine nicer cards as these are fantastic.
    Shame you had to cut your trip short but it wasn't worth the risk with the weather.
    Hope we get to see your lovely shawl.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, this time I got you off 13 hahaha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful cards Patricia - one and all! Glad to hear you weathered the storms! Its been awful here too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful cards Patricia, been wild weather here today, least no snow as yet.
    take care pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous selection of beautiful Christmas cards Patricia...Glad to hear you got back home before that nasty weather took a hold...Keep Safe... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful cards, really lovely images on them, will look forward to seeing more, I must say you are brave leaving them this late though lol!

    Glad you had a good time in Glasgow and that you are back safe. Keep in the warm, we are on flood alert tonight.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/


    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a perfect Christmas card selection, Patricia.

    Yesterday was horrendous weather.....wasn't it? Sorry to hear it spoilt your trip, but glad to hear you enjoyed the time you spent in Glasgow x

    ReplyDelete
  20. very nice assortement of cards, happy holidays
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  21. ach liebe pat, nun bin ich auch endlich mal wieder bei dir und deinen zauberhaften werklein....alle deine karten gefallen mir sehr....auch die simple von zuvor....ich wünsche dir einen schönen nikolaustag und hoffe sehr, dass du nicht zu sehr vom sturm betroffen warst....
    herzlichst....
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards Patricia; hoping that you have all be okay and away from the awful gales, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Patricia, So glad you had a good trip away, shame you had to cut it short, but peace of mind is worth a lot. We had had terrible gales here, and I am really scared of strong winds, I heard a massive 'clatter' yesterday morning and went outside to see my outside clock had been ripped off the wall and was on the floor, luckily not broken, just a dent in the flourishy bits where it hit the floor.
    I am loving your batch cards, I am trying to do the same with the ones to be posted, but I have done nowhere near enough, I have done some lovely ones for my family. Now my eldest Grand-daughter has got herself a flat, I am going to have a look at it this morning, so Grandad and I will be giving her a 'big' helping hand haha.
    Stay warm and safe.
    Lots of loe from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia glad you had a nice few days away,Your cards are really lovely, i too have made flat cards for the ones to be posted .

    Glad you have got the pattern now ,some patterns do take a while to get to grips with the brain { well they do in my case } , silly question to some i imagine but what is LOTV .

    Stay safe and warm
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely batch of cards. Sorry you had to cut your trip short, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Here in north Kent it's been very windy and a few heavy showers but nowhere near as bad as some places.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning cards as always xx I understand what you mean about keeping them flat for the postage, I was quite shocked last year when I went to have a few of my special ones weighed for posting xx I have still only made one card and a topper up to now which I am trying to think of a background to put it on - I really need to get my (ahem) in gear this weekend xx keep safe and have a good weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards Patricia. I love the LOTV pads for quick cards! I've got lots of LOTV images stamped just not sure if I've got time to colour them! I've nipped online to schedule tomorrow's post while this dongle thingy is behaving. Should finish housework and have lunch and go to work though. I've got lots of cards made for Christmas, some very simple but no chance to blog :(

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia
    What a gorgeous collection of christmas cards! Gorgeous details as always.
    have a lovely day
    hugs
    sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are all lovely Patricia. I am racking my brain trying to come up with a simple design for posting! Susan x

    ReplyDelete