Sunday, 15 December 2013

"Copying Robert`s Card"

Good Sunday morning Bloggers.  I am so sorry I have been such a "bad" Blogger.
I am not getting stressed about Christmas, but I have been rather busy.
It is just another day, a special one I admit.  We are such a small family unit, we do not fuss. 
Thank you so much for keeping in touch.  I have been busy helping other people with bits and pieces.  I just do not seem to get much time at home.  My answer to requests from today will be "NO"  ....... well that`s the plan ..... will it work???? I very much doubt it.
Yesterday I spent wrapping all the gifts.  That`s done, finished, the boys things "hidden" for now.  John has been very naughty!!!!!!   Every time he has gone out he seems to have bought things for the boys.  Little things he says, yes! they are little in size but some not so little in cost.  Some I had seen, I was there, we bought them together.   Others had been squirrelled away till yesterday.  Oh! Man! there are so many, I have to admit I think John himself was surprised how many things there were.   The boys spend a fair bit time here, we have divided things up a bit.  We will keep items that they can use and play with at our house.  We will have parcel opening here later in the week.
Now I have only some "Tablet" to make to fill some little boxes for my neighbours.  We do not have that many neighbours but there are a few that help us with things that John is not able to manage.  Although they are not looking for a gift,  I do like to give them a little "thank you" for what they do.
Today`s card is one of quite a few I have made since I saw the one Robert made for his mum & dad.


The card is 2 x  A6 cards stuck together making it a tri-fold I think you would call it
Music paper and a Die cut figure.  You do not see that I have actually used gold gilding wax on the figures
Red ribbon and a stamped greeting




Back image also gilded.  Ooopps! looking at that image she looks like a bit of a "witch"  Too late they are all posted/delivered.


Robert made his card the other week when he saw the sets of Carol Singers that had arrived in the post.  I bought them from eBay.  I liked the idea of them but knew I would never really use the Die.  I thought Robert`s card was rather clever.   I do hope the people who got them don`t see that figure as a "witch" ..................LOL
That`s it for today
I will try hard to be a better blogger.  Thank you so much for calling by I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx
 

19 comments:

  1. You made me chuckle about the witch I didn't see it until you pointed it out - and now that's all I can see. Lol! Good luck with saying NO! I'm still saying YES even though I vowed it would be NO!! But as from today I am definitely sticking to my guns! Have a good day. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Patricia. Like you Good Neighbours are a godsend. In fact I am baking today just for them as none of them bake. Enjoy some Me time too. Sounds as if you'll enjoy your Christmas with the boys. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia
    I too didn't see witch until you said it. I thought the word "no" was entering your vocabularly last week Missy? I knew you would be too generous with your time again.
    Patricia's tablet. . . . . .yum! I can vouch for the fact the neighbours are in for a delicious treat.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,
    I had a little chuckle at the witch she looks more like a panto dame to me. Good idea to buy die cuts if the dies are going to have little use much more cost effective.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Patricia, I love the images and wonderful detailing too.
    I totally know how you feel about saying no, I'll never learn!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv the cards very Dickensian xx now you have said 'witch' I can see but if you hadn't I would just have seen the carol singer - lol xx hope you saying 'no' works xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Patricia, good luck with saying NO, this is where I score being anti-social, no one asks me to do anything HA HA!!

    Love your card, I too wouldn't have seen the witch, a bit like those Rosharsh Test for psycology, where folk see different images within the one image. Anyway, the image is great and the addition of the sheet music is great. If Robert made one like this he is a clever little lad. Try and get some me time and take care, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card Patricia - love those silhouettes xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card and love the silhouet.
    great work and design as always.
    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear big sis I made you break that NO!! Like every one else I only saw the lady as a witch because you had mentioned it. Still it's a great card.
    I promise I won't ask for anything else till after Christmas.
    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Patricia and like everyone else I didn't see the witch until you pointed it out lol. Good luck with saying "no" and tablet sounds gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card... love the images... she looks like a carol singer to me!!! tablet... yummy... I have not had tablet in years... lucky neighbours... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card Patricia, didn't notice the witch! Tablet sounds great and oh how I wish my presents were all wrapped! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia, Fabulous card, I didn't see the 'witch' either haha. Loved the carol singers, and how very apt with the music paper, the recipients will love them.
    I am on a Christmas Lunch in Liverpool today, with colleagues I used to work with before retiring, so it will be great to catch-up and I am planning on incorporating some shopping too, although not looking forward to the 'hordes' in the shops, that is one thing I don't like about this time of year, I don't know where all the people come from haha !!
    Have a lovely day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aha so you are going to say NO Patricia ,{ bet you dont } ?....

    Love your cards, very different and a bit of a Charles Dickens look to me .
    Have a good week
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Patricia and I love all the images...I too missed the witch at first

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia, love all the black silhouette images it has a nice nostalgic feel with your tri fold card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are fab and have a rreal Victorian feel to them Patricia! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always been fond of carolers, both IRL and silhouetted. Your card looks superb Patricia, love the tri-fold, looks superb! And before I forget, thanks for being such a sweet friend, you're a gem! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete