Monday, 16 December 2013

"Simple Baby Card"

Hello fellow Bloggers, hope you are all well.
Thank you so much for you continuing to follow this little Blog.  I really love that you keep calling and leaving such lovely comments.  
I have to say you were all very complimentary on yesterdays card.  I definitely saw a "witch" in that female character.  Come to think about it, Robert obviously had not seen it either otherwise he would never have used it on his card.
Change of plans here again today.  Boys here and sleeping over tonight.  Mummy was day shift and works 12 hour shifts.  Daddy was to work from home today but was called away to try settle a dispute down South.  That means staying overnight for at least one night.  Had to go to Tesco to stock up on extra bread and milk.  John picked them up from school, they like when they get Grandpa to themselves.  Well in actual fact they like that he takes a very long detour home via an old fashioned Sweetie Shop.  They get sweets, eat a few then they are left.  It is the thought of going to the shop that they like rather than the sweets.  That what comes of living in the Backwoods!!!.........you even get a "thrill" going to a sweetie shop.
Today`s card is one for Hazel and is going off to Canada.  One of Charlie`s family has just had a new Baby Girl.  This is a long awaited for baby, everyone is so excited.   I have kept the card flattish for posting.


White Base Card approx 5 x 7
Backing paper and topper from a CD I have had for years.
Topper matted and layered 
Pink ribbon from my stash.  Just tied a knot, again to keep it as flat as possible

The CD I used is really, really old.  I keep thinking I should bin it.  Then I remember that image and backing paper are on it plus another for a little boy card.  Looks like it will stay on the shelf for a few more years yet.

As I was putting up my Post yesterday saying that I was saying "NO" to any further requests for orders or help, guess who had left me a message on my iPad.............................Yep! Hazel.  Needing 12 small cards in 2 boxes for ladies she likes to give them to.   However Hazel is the one person I do not include on my "NO" lists.   All done and dusted, ready to give Hazel on Wednesday.  I had just been doing some clearing up and put lots of "bits" in the bag for the school.  They were removed, I made all the cards from these bits.  I felt really good when I had finished.
Right folks off to put my feet up for a while before bedtime
Thank you so much for calling by I really appreciate that you do that. 
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx
Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Patricia gorgeous image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Patricia. Like you, I find it hard to say No. I'm still knitting Hats and Shawls. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Patricia, such a beautiful image and I love the design.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Patricia, the image is lovely. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Patricia, I would definitely not throw that CD away! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Patricia, I deffo would not throw this CD away. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Patricia, Another beautiful baby card, the recipients will love it. You can't say NO to your Sister, now can you haha.
    I loved yesterday's card so much, that I scoured the internet and ordered myself the caroller silhouettes die for using next year haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bin it ? Nooooo please dont , as looking at your beautiful card i just bet there is more lovely images and designs to be had ?
    I really think your card is delightful and no need for words as the image says it all , its just beautiful .

    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia,
    A beautiful card, such a lovely image. I had to smile about the sweetie shop, my husband used to pick up our granddaughter from school and it was always a trip to the sweetie shop on the way home, it's one of those old fashioned shops with lots of jars, she almost 16 now but we still call it Ffion's sweetie sdhop.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry that should be shop.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a true sister Patricia! How could you resist such a sweet request? Don't bin your cd, no doubt there are more lovely images on it and fortunately cds don't take up too much space. Love this sweet, adorable card, it's darling! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the image on your card, I'd keep the cd.
    Sorry been MIA lately too much time at work!
    Hope you had fun with the boys, I love old fashioned sweetie shops!
    Crafty hugs,
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia, gorgeous card love that background, don't bin the CD you may find lots more you can use. My sisters you just cannot say no to them can you? Enjoy your time with the boys.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This CD is a definite 'keeper' the images are beautiful, as is your card xx luv it xx simple but elegant xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. keep it, your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Folk she is not allowed to bin the CD as I love this image, that's why I asked her to make it for me. It's perfect for this new baby that cost a lot of dollars - she is an IVF baby so wanted and will be so loved by her daddy and mummy. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Patricia, gorgeous image and card, no don't bin it. Have a lovely evening with Robert and Thomas, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,
    what a superb image. Love the papers too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia, what a gorgeous card! I find it hard to say know too, but have had to be very strong these last few months as it all got a bit too much! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card Patricia. A fabulous image and design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is really beautiful, just love the image! It is never easy to say No but I have a great excuse at the moment with the hip problem! Hope you get some 'you' time before and during the Christmas period. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card for a new arrival.xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Patricia, So sweet! Love the image.
    Enjoy your Grandma time..they grow up so fast...and these years are the Corner stones for later. Just keep buying the extra's in....lol
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia
    Sorry I didn't pop by last night but nodded off at some point in the chair. Today has been charity shop and then out for a meal for Mr Duck's birthday.
    This is a beautiful image and the card will be treasured, especially due to the circumstances.
    I would get excited about a visit to a sweetie shop at my age lol.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hallo Patricia
    Je zeg een simpel kaartje maar wel een mooi kaartje
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patricia,

    Love the card. It is such an innocent looking elegant card. Thank you.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete