Thursday, 19 December 2013

"Six in a Box"

Hello Bog friends, hope none of you suffered any damage in the storms overnight.   All good here, there is Snow on the hills I see out the kitchen window, I am not a great fan of "the white stuff" when it is so close!!!!
Are you all managing to get through the jobs your your lists??    I still have a list, I think I have it all under control.
Thank you so much for taking time to visit, I know time is very precious just now.   I am hoping to keep Blogging till the weekend then I feel I should "call it a day" till after the New Year.
Have been wracking my brains (what little there is of them) for a gift for Elaine.  I know, I know it is very late in the day.  This hunt has gone on for months.  Elaine and her family have plenty money, they just buy when they want anything.  I came to decision at lunch time  .........  I am taking her away for couple of nights (just her and I) to her favourite City as well as mine, Glasgow.   Elaine will have to set the date, she is a very busy lady.  I really think she could do with a few days away, they have been rushed off their feet in the Tearoom.  I will book the Holiday Inn Hotel near the Buchanan Street Bus Station.  That`s fine and handy for arriving and leaving on the bus.   No point taking a car, costs a fortune to park the blooming thing!!!
Decision made, I am now trying to word something.   I want to make a "Scroll" which I will tuck in a "kitchen roll inside" decorated like a cracker.

Today`s offering is 6 little cards I made and popped in a box.  I actually made 2 lots, Hazels request for gifts she needs
These cards are all 4 x 4
Made from "bits" I put in the bag for the school before Hazel put in her request.  Lucky it had not gone along to the school.
Most of the bits are from Tilda Paper Stacks.  I love these Stacks and use them a lot, there are always loads of bits left.
Middle one on the top was an experiment with a Justrite Stamp and silver embossing powder.  Turned out fine but never used the piece....used up now.
The Rennie Mackintosh Die Cut I got from my Blog friend Flora.  Flora has been off the scene for such a long time. I still keep in touch, she is well.  I do miss her very witty posts though.
 
That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling by I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx





22 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Patricia. Like you I will blog till Monday and then I'll have a much earned rest. I still do my knitting though as I'm really bad if my hands are idle. My Father used to say the Devil made work for idle hands, so maybe that's the reason. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous selection of cards Patricia. I love the papers and beautiful designs.
    Your special gift idea for your friend Elaine, to take her away for a couple of days, is really lovely.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia
    Gave up with the idea of a list when it would have taken a roll of wallpaper to write it on. Just winging it now with a hope and a prayer.
    Gorgeous cards my dear. I would be loath to give away a scrap of beautiful Tilda. If you're still in touch with Flora (I'm assuming Crafty Lark Flora) please give her my regards. Her blogging is missed.
    Sweet dreams.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful set of cards Patricia,
    Elaine will enjoy a break with you, lovely idea.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful selection of cards, I think I am going to stick to small cards next year 8x8 are so expensive to send out! I have looked at your cards over the past few days they are lovely, you have been busy.

    Have a great Christmas and New Year

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always these are just perfect. See you later,
    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely set of cards and they all look very springlike .. reminding me of warmer days. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your break xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super little cards. I adore Rennie Mackintosh! My list is getting shorter thank goodness. I am taking a very early trip to the supermarket in town in the morning and then that's it's totally finished. No way will I attempt to go into town on those last couple of days. It's manic!!! Have a good day. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Patricia, What a lovely idea for a gift for Elaine, she will adore it.
    Your six cards look beautiful, reminding me of sunnier times, it can't come soon enough for me haha, I don't like the winter at all and I'm 'bah humbug' with snow, lovely on a Christmas card but I don't want it haha.
    I still have three cards to make yet, better get a move on.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia
    Aww your cards are lovely, never used tilda myself but i will treat myself in the new year....
    Such a lovely idea for your busy friend , she will love it
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia a beautiful set I am sure Hazel will appreciate it. Sounds like a wonderful idea for Elaine! My list is getting shorter - hooray! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia,
    Very pretty cards, and all created from your scrap pieces very clever.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely set of card Patricia and I sure Hazel will love them

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your little cards Patricia, they're so pretty. I'm sure Elaine will be thrilled with her gift, so thoughtful. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards as always and what a luvly gift of a few days away for your friend xx enjoy the festive break and hopefully the white stuff will not toooo close to you xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all gorgeous card designs Patricia, have a wonderful holiday.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Patricia, what a gorgeous set of cards, and will make a great gift for someone. Love the Rennie Macintosh die.

    Your gift for Elaine is just perfect for her, and a break away will not only do her good but, also you. Please say hello when you next see here and give her my best wishes.

    Pleased to hear Flora is good, miss her too. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a thoughtful gift for Elaine. I bet she will be thrilled. Glad to hear Flora is ok too. I do miss her. Hazel must have been pleased with these cards as they are beautiful. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your set of cards Patricis & what a lovely treat for Hazel, Glasgow is one of my favourite cities too, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. your set with cards are beautiful Patricia nd everyone has a gorgeous design.
    merry christmas and hugs from Ann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzers, such a great looking set of cards, they look so pretty together! And how sweet of you to take Elaine on such a nice trip, you will both have so much fun! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete