Monday, 9 December 2013

"The same but different!!!!"

Hello Blog friends, well oh! well, where on earth did the weekend go??  Actually where did last week go???
Thank you so much for taking time to come visit.  I know that time is precious for us all at this busy time of year.     
 Boys and their dad popped by and stayed for lunch yesterday (Sunday).  Good job I always have plenty of options in the freezer or store cupboard!!!!  Mind you they are rather low at the moment.  I had emptied one of the freezers to defrost it in preparation for getting all the Christmas food in.  Audrey is working Night Shift Christmas Eve.  I am doing the Christmas Dinner, I make it and transport it along to their house.  Audrey and I get the table all done, we prepare the vegetables as much as we can at their house.   I make the Soup, cook the Turkey and make the Sticky Toffee Pudding, bring them along on the day.  I have done this since Thomas was 3 so that he could stay in his own house to play with his toys.  Audrey always has to work a shift round Christmas day.  Babies don`t stop coming into the world  because it is Christmas Day!!!!    That is why we have Christmas, to celebrate the birth of a baby.........................
Here are a few of the Christmas Cards I made on Saturday.  Once the general bits and pieces round the house were done I had all day to play.  I made 12 of these, still quite flat, I just hope they will go as 2nd class.  We will see I am posting them later this morning.
Yesterday, Thomas and John went off on an "adventure walk" Robert wanted to stay with me and "bake"  After the cakes were made he wanted to make a Christmas Card for his mum & dad.  He made a brilliant card but guess what ......I forgot to photograph it.  He found some Die Cuts I got from a friend and used them.  Later today I am going to copy his idea and make a few cards


Base cards various sizes, I am using up pre-scored cards I have had in stock for some time.
Some I have done white on white others cream on cream.
SB Dies cut as frames 
Memory Box Candle Die
A little glitter on a few

That`s it folks
Thank you so much for calling by I really appreciate it.  Thank you also for all the lovely comments you leave.  That`s what makes it all worth while.
Till next time 
Hugs

Patricia   xxx


Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. Hello Patricia. Your cards are stunning. I love that MB candle die and the way you have used it looks so effective.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Patricia and such a fabulous design

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia what a lovely MB die it looks beautiful with the frames! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards look fabulous Patricia. The candles die is lovely. I umm-d and ah-ed about it but in the end didn't go for it. Silly me. Still, always next year! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Christmas cards Patricia, I love this myself, fabulous designs.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Patricia, These cards are really lovely, I love the candle die.
    I have been 'run-ragged' recently as my eldest Granddaughter has got a flat, and needs practically everything, and her Son is 7 next Monday and I haven't even made his card yet, everything is coming at once haha, and there aren't enough hours in the day haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia
    Beautiful cards you have made ,i too did not know if to get the candle die but as Christine says " always next year " the thing with me is i see a die, but i cant imagine how it would look like cut out on card, am i making sense ?
    It is only when i come across it on a card i think Ooo thats the one i should have had .......
    Take Care
    Elaine H x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia,

    Really elegant cards, love them all. Thank you.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Patricia, loving the WOW in particular, very festive.
    Quiet Christmas here as both hubby and I are working right up to Christmas.....in fact he is working a 12 hour shift Christmas day too!
    Enjoy getting sorted on the food front....Christmas cake to make this week. Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely cards, I borrowed this die from a friend cut several and didn't use them, having seen your cards I think maybe I should have.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Patricia, gorgeous cards, love your design. I bought this die at the NEC but as yet have not got around to trying it out, but it looks really wonderful here. Have a great day whatever you're doing, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all look fabulous, Patricia. I love that die and have used it on my charity cards this year x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia
    What a super die. Your cards look amazingly festive with it.
    Got some flat cards to do, maybe today if I stop coughing and sneezing enough to concentrate.
    Have a good day chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards and as flat as you are ever likely to make a card so fingers x'd for 2nd class postage xx I have now made a start on my special ones so starting to breathe a little easier!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these cards!!!! You out did your self!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these do look beautiful Patricia - wonderful idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really stunning cards Patricia. I love my candle too. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Rita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards Patricia, Love that die...Boy you are a busy girl at Christmas trying to organize two households....you are one special mum to your daughter..... Have a happy week... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous cards Patricia, I love the design and the fab dies.
    My hubby's on nights on Christmas day too :-(
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look fabulous Patricia, your combination of dies and papers are all lovely. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia,

    These are fabulous, so pretty. You reminded me about a draw full of pre scored cards I have in a draw lol! I think I never used them as I don't like A6 size, always felt them to be too small but I will have to start using them, will fill them up quicker!!! Great minds think alike ay? Crafty nations.Creation Nations whatever they are called, all good stuff lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia oh your cards are just lovely and it's so elegant too :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who looses track of days ha ha

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  23. These cards are really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always love your elegant cards Patricia and these are no exception. Sounds like you are passing your talent on to the next generation and how thoughtful of you to organise Christmas dinner like that. You are one special lady. Thinking of you and hoping all is well. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete