Tuesday, 10 December 2013

"Two of Twelve"

Hello Blog friends, hope you are managing to avoid all the "bugs" that are going around.  Poor Mrs Duck has not been able to paddle in the pond for a couple of days.  She is rather under the weather I am sending her some (((((hugs))))).  If any others need some (((((hugs)))))........ there you go.
Thank you so much for calling by today, I hope you like what you see.  If you do please call back again, I would love to see you.   If you have time please leave a message, that way I can link back to see what you get up to.
I was at the boys "Nativity" play this afternoon.  Grandpa and daddy are going tomorrow evening.  Audrey was helping in the kitchen with the Mulled Wine and Mince Pies.   The boys did very well.  There are only 19 pupils in the whole school.  Primary 1, 2 & 3 did the play taking multiple parts.  Robert was a Narrator and one of the Wise Men.  The older ones did the music, playing their instruments and singing. They all seemed to enjoy it so that to me was the main thing.  Had to laugh at Thomas, he asked if I had enjoyed it.  I told him it was excellent, his rely to that was  ........ "did you not find it boring?? that story never changes from year to year".  Told him that it has been the same story for over 2000 years so there is no chance of it changing now.  "That`s what I mean Granny do you not think it is time to change it???" ......................... children!!!!



My cards today are 2 of 12 I have made like this
They were very quick easy, the door being done with a Sizzix Embossing folder
Matted onto a colour then an A6 card
Most time consuming part was punching out all the foliage.  I used a Martha Stewart Punch for that
I cut a frame for the foliage using two of the very smallest SB Classic Circle Die set
I added Cosmic Simmer Faux Pearls using Silver Pearl.  I did have some red, for some reason it seemed rather thin and did not hold it shape well at all.   That ended up in the bin
Bows are Silk Ribbon from my stash
Waste from Peel Offs for the door knobs

That`s it for today folks
Thank you so much for popping in I really do appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx


Posted by Picasa

29 comments:

  1. Very fun wreath designs Patricia, punching out all the foliage makes the wreath look real.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't children make you smile, Change the story... lol!
    I love the simple elegance of these two and must look up that embossing folder. Get exactly where you are coming from with the work required for the wreaths. Well done you. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely and very classy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love these doors Patricia. They look so festive with the wreath. It reminds me that I made a card with a wreath on and I don't remember showing it. I'll have to track it down. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Christmas doors, and the wreaths look fabulous.
    I have my daughter Christmas nativity play on Thursday - but there's 108 of them in it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great Nativity Patricia, I've got my youngest boys next week too. I don't know what he is yet?! He doesn't seem to know himself!
    Loving both your cards, great wreaths and door fronts, super idea.
    Thanks for sharing, crafty hugs, Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely cards Patricia love the door effect....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous Patricia, a really effective design using a fabulous embossing folder.
    Glad you enjoyed the nativity play. I really do miss them now my children are older and I think it may be a couple of year before I am a Gran!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Patricia, I do like this embossing folder, must add it to my list! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card design Patricia, very classy. Love Thomas's thinking too lol. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this folder Patricia, never got round to using mine, your cards are gorgeous.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. these look wonderful Patricia! Well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia,

    These are gorgeous, not seen this folder otherwise it would have landed in my basket lol! Love it, yes the wreaths would have been very time consuming I imagine.

    Thank you for your comment on my Chinese card, I wondered why I had had a comment left till I looked, its scheduled for Thursday card but for some reason I did it wrong and it popped up, so sorry you will see it again on Thursday lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really lovely, Patricia. I love wreaths on doors at Christmas...so your cards really appeal to me.

    I love what Thomas said to you. Long gone are the days when I last enjoyed seeing our son in a nativity play. I used to love them!

    Not had chance to blog anything lately. I've been up to my neck making cards for charity, commissions and my own family and friends. So not even a minute spare to take photos either. Sick of seeing Christmas cards now...LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. these are realy beautiful and i like your wreaths very much.
    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Patricia, So glad you enjoyed the Nativity, I really love seeing the children, sounds interesting at the boys' school though, with them doing multiple parts haha, would love to see it.
    Your cards are beautiful, I will be making some similar to this (when I get time haha).
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant cards Patricia, I did some like this last year but I think the door is a fab idea! We are going to Dave's grandson's Nativity this afternoon. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,

    Elegant and simple. Love it. Thank you for sharing. Children grow soooo quickly, we have to make the most of the time when they are small.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    Such lovely times when you see children in nativity plays ,i always had a tear in my eye.
    Beautiful cards ,you must be very patient to do all the foliage .
    Have a good day
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous sweetie, just love the colours hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Out of the mouths of babes - we luv reminiscing about the different things our kids said when they were little - just luv the 'don't you think it is time for a change' xx your cards are fab and just luv the CAS look they have, I think I may need to look out for the emboss folder because I think the finished card is just amazing xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia,
    Lovely simple but very elegant cards, must look for this foder would be useful for new home cards as well.
    Children, don't you love them when they come out with comments like that, change the story, maybe a bit difficult.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia
    I would attempt a quack but it may be more of a croak. Thanks for the hugs but I wouldn't get too close if I were you.
    These are fab. Love that foliage and the embossing. I posted a good luck in your new home a couple of months ago where I had embossed the shape of a door with my Hougie. Could have done with this folder then.
    Out of the mouths of babes eh?
    Take care all.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha ha ha! Your Thomas sure has a splendid sense of humour, Patricia! Why not have him turn the nativity story into his own story, I'd be so curious to find out what goes on in his minds, kids are amazing! Love your Christmas door cards, they're very inviting! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia,
    fab set of cards.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Children eh... you can't but love them... Bless him!! your cards are so Beautiful Patricia...Love the idea of using a door with a welcome wreath...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so gorgeous Patricia, what a wonderful design. Aww! kids eh? they are so cute with the lovely things they say.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete