Monday, 2 December 2013

"Very plain & Smiple"

Good evening Blog friends, hope you are all well.
If you are a bit under the weather I send you a few (((((hugs)))))..
Thank you so much for visiting my Blog to see what I have been up to.  I love that you take time to do that and leave your lovely comments. I get great pleasure reading them all.  I have tried to keep up with my Blog commenting.  If I have missed anyone over the past few days I do apologise.
I have been very busy "knitting" a shawl, for me.  I bought yarn and a pattern at SECC started it so many time and never got past row 18.  That has been dumped in preference for an entirely different pattern and fine yarn.   Our Blog friend Rita (RMG Creations) has done a few of this particular one.  Rita kindly gave me lots of information and details of where to get the pattern and yarn.  Although I have taken a while to get started, it is coming on well.  The only downside is, you have to "concentrate" it is a very lacy pattern.   I am not good at concentrating or sitting still for too long.  My mind is always planning other things. John said it is doing me the power of good to sit still for an hour at a time.   I am glad I have managed to get into the swing of the pattern, I will take my knitting with me while we are away the next couple of days.  I am terrible when not in my own house I need to have something to do while waiting for John to get ready.  
John and I are off for a few days to Glasgow my favourite city in Scotland.  Unfortunately it will not be the Happy City that it usually is after the horrible tragedy of the past weekend.   I love Glasgow, the people are just wonderful.  Most of you will have witnessed that from the footage on the television.  Our thoughts and prayers are with all caught up in this event.

 My card is very plain and simple.


Base card a white DL card
Backing paper is some left over from one of my recent cards
White card also leftovers.  I deckle cut the edges and scored round to break the plainess
The Die cut is one of a few I got from a friend who had bought a load of new dies and was trying them out.  I do not have this Die so I managed to get a few done.
I coloured the flower head with distress ink and the stem with a Promarker
Red organza ribbon and a bow to finish off

That`s it for today thank you for calling by I really do appreciate it.
Till next time
Hugs

I am off back to my knitting
Patricia   xxx
Forgot to mention that typical of children Thomas was a lot better on Saturday.  He has been away Sunday and Monday in Edinburgh with his mum, dad and Robert.  Still not eating at the rate he usually does but I am sure he will make up for it.........lol    Thank you for all your good wishes for him
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break in Glasgow although the tragic events dull the thought of enjoying yourself but you need the break. Make the most of it.

    I love your card and laughed at the knitting can just imagine you sitting still for a while, does your tongue come out when concentrating I know mine does.

    Glad Thomas is better.

    Take care

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, love your card! I hope you enjoy your trip to Glasgow, despite as you say the very tragic events of the weekend. One of my favourite cities too, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Patricia. I hope you manage to enjoy your few days away and that the tragic events don't spoil it too much. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card Patricia - very striking x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Patricia, a beautiful and elegant design.
    I hope you enjoy your few days away.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia, my 13 saviour lol!
    Beautiful card, stunning in its simple, clean elegance.
    Hope you manage to enjoy your break, despite the recent sad events.
    Was it a Freudian Slip referring to Robert as 'bother' lol!
    Take care chucky
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautifully CAS, Patricia. I love the delicate colours.
    Enjoy your break away with John. It will do you both the world of good.
    I'm like you, Patricia, I like to take something to do when we go on holiday.....usually some crochet cotton and a hook. I love to make baby booties, they always come in handy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Patricia, beautiful CAS card, one of my favourite dies "Prim poppy" by memory box.
    hope you and John enjoy your break.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very elegant card Patricia, love the die you've used. Enjoy your days away. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Patricia. I love this particular die. Have a nice break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Patricia, Love the poppies...have a wonderful time in my home city (birth place) Glasgow... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Patricia, love everything about your card, so very elegant.
    Have a great time away, if you and John like Steak, try The Butchershop in Sauchiehall street near the Kelvinhall, it's brilliant, meat like I've never tasted before.
    My knitting goes everywhere with me, even to parties, sado or what, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, I have been having a right old chuckle here as I was reading your post, brought to mind the bags full of knitting that I have 'part-finished' haha. I had to chuckle at you having to wait for John to get ready, it's usually the other way round haha
    I hope you have a fabulous time away in Glasgow, although the horrific catastrophe at the weekend will definitely cast a cloud over the area, my heart goes out to the people in that area.
    I love your card today, as always haha, very clean and simple but oh so striking, I have this prim poppy die by Memory Box and it is so fine and detailed but really striking and I love your compilation.
    Once again, have a lovely time away and recharge your batteries.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely simple but elegant card, must look out for this die it's so pretty.
    Enjoy your break, the city will be in shock such a terrible accident, my heart goes out to the families that have lost loved ones.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,

    Simple works for me. Really lovely. Have a good trip.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Morning Patricia, what a beautiful card, enjoy your trip despite the tragedy. They are all in our thoughts and prayers. take care.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A simple but beautiful card Patricia. I think I have this SB die only used once! Hope you have a nice time in Glasgow, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and luvly clean lines - luv it xx have a fab break in Glasgow and hopefully you will manage to enjoy and chillax xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous cas card Patricia, very pretty.
    I hope you have a lovely time in Glasgow.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your knitting sounds a bit like my crocheting just now Patricia.....I'm finding I'm taking as many steps back as I am forward! Still it's what is known as a steep learning curve!
    We were in Glasgow in October not far from there as the boys went to the helicopter pad to see them....such a terrible accident.

    I love your CAS card......I am so getting the joy of this style just now...not that I'm making cards any quicker....which should happen in theory.
    Happy crafting whatever you are playing with, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Patricia, love the gorgeous flower.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful card, less is more as they say, love the simplicity of it and the colour is good too.

    Have a good trip.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete