Sunday, 19 January 2014

"Another from the Bit Box"

Hello Blog friends, hope you are all well, safe and dry. The weather here is shocking, rain, rain and even more rain.  I really feel for all those people who have suffered flooding and live with the fear there might still be more. 
Have to welcome yet another follower  http://princess-judy.blogspot.co.uk/ thank you Judy for deciding to follow my Blog you are most welcome.  I hope you like what I do and call back often.  If you pop over to Judy`s Blog today she has a fantastic "fun" card for you to see.
All quite here at the Ranch, boys not here "yet".  They were here most of yesterday, it was Daddy`s day to spend some time with his friends.  They meet once a month in each others houses for a day of Model Making, lunch and chat.  Audrey gets quite annoyed if he has to ask us to take the boys.   She was working so what was he supposed to do??? We love having them here so there is not a problem.  She has days off during the week that she goes out to lunch with her friends.  John works so hard, he needs a day like he had yesterday.  Audrey (a Midwife) is working again today, it is pouring rain ....... SO!! the boys might be along to let Daddy walk the dogs.  The boys love to go on the dry days. on the rainy days they are not so keen.  They all have fantastic "gear" for wet walking but come on!!! who likes walking in the rain??? I for one hate it, that`s one of the reasons we do not have a dog.  The boys find it hard to understand why we don`t have one.  Living out in the country nearly everyone has a dog.....................well I have always liked to be different so why change now????
Robert was crafting yesterday so the "Bit Box" was out.  While he was creating I decided to see what I could make at the same time.  He likes me to make things with him.......not for him.  He is more than capable of doing all that himself and don`t try to give him your ideas,no thanks.   I just let him get on with it, I have managed to persuade him to put an insert in his cards rather than writing on the inside of the card.  I know, I know he is only 7 but if he is making a nice card I feel it is spoilt by writing on the card.
Forgot to photograph Robert`s cards but here is mine:-

Base card white 6 x 6
Kraft Card
Pink paper a freebe from a Magazine
Star is reverse side of the floral .. Tilda scraps
Image LOTV
Butterflies an X Punch
With Love a stamp

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for popping by, I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx






36 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia, love the card just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card Patricia.....lovely image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia
    Fabulous card.... Love the layout
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,
    I do love those LOTV pads they look super. Must try and buy one at the NEC.
    Beautiful card, great paper used too. Lovely design as well.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, A lovely card, really pretty focal image, loving the colourway too.
    Hope your rain has stopped, we have got a fairly dry day here, still damp but no rain - as yet !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a very pretty card Patricia, lovely image, gorgeous pink shades.
    have spent the last few days walking up here in Gairloch at our friends, lovely beach walks and feel so much the better for it Hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty image Patricia and lovely card. Just like you, we country folk don't have a dog either. We both love dogs but don't want the feeling of being tied down. We want to be free to just up sticks and take off if the mood takes us, without worrying about whether we can take a dog, or finding "lodgings" for it. Selfish? Maybe, but that's just the way it is. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Patricia. I cant wait until Hollie is old enough to craft with me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely card Patricia. Wonderful what you can make with bits! I really need to make an effort to use some of mine!

    Very rainy here today too. Lucky it's Sunday and hubby's day for the dogs. I walk them twice a day, five days a week and Saturday morning so it's nice to stay in on a day like this!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Afternoon Patricia. You always make gorgeous cards from your Bit Box. I need to learn to use up mine too. My flower box is empty ,so I'm trying to get some done this afternoon. Family have visited and now I have a couple of hours before dinner. Enjoy your Day with the boys. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Patricia! Another wonderful card from your bit box - I'm sure it should be getting low by now! Enjoy your day with your Grandsons, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I should make a 'bit box' Patricia because I have stacks of them LOL and no matter how much I try to use them up more appear. Have a fab day with the boys and a gorgeous card huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the warm welcome! I would have thought boys like being out in the rain? Mine loves splashing in puddles. No I didn't give birth to him; I married him. Hee hee.... sweet card made with bits. I have a couple of random squares of designer paper I was eying the other day. I think I'll follow your lead and use them on square card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Patricia, I love the image and the pretty papers work so well with it.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a pretty card Patricia - love pink and brown together - wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope your weather improves soon Patricia. Love the card design very pretty colors with the pretty image.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks ever so for your kind comment Patricia. I do love your card, the image is so pretty and perfectly matched with the papers. The butterflies add a lovely touch. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia,

    Beautiful card, love the image, so sweet.

    Glad you had a nice time with the boys.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia
    Super card from your bit box. All pretty in pink.
    I'm a kitty person. Let em out and they walk em selves lol !
    Model making? Is that what they call a few pints these days hahaha!
    Hope the Sun shows its face for you soon.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweeeeettt!! Love the flower umbrella Patricia and how you've designed your card around this lovely image! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty card, Patricia! Lovely layers and I love your LOTV image xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous card Patricia. I love the pretty image and colours.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another lovely creation. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty Patricia...why are other peoples bit boxes so much more interesting than your own lol! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful Patricia, love the gorgeous image and very pretty design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely card Patricia, love the beautiful colours and layout.
    sounds like the boys kept you busy.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Patricia, I'm glad Princess Judy joined you. She has a fantastic & humorous blog. Lucky you to have someone to enjoy crafting with in the family. Sounds like the creative gene got passed along. Bet you have a lot of fun with your boys. Hope your wet & flooding soon will give way to some nicer weather. Dreadful to have so much natural disaster in so many parts of our world. Love this LOTV image...I don't have any of the stamps but I have some toppers, thanks to a sweet blogger giving me a free shipping heads up a while back. You picked lovely papers and a nice layout to show off this sweet image. Hope your week is drier, and I don't much like walking in the rain either. Sounds romantic when you're young...but at maturity, Nah, I want to stay dry! A nice walk on a safe moonlit beach, well, maybe....LOL. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia,

    Really lovely girlie card. I have three dogs, two labs and a sheep dog and wherever we go the dogs go with us. Mind you they don't like going out in the rain!!

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty in pink, how I love that colour. Beautiful card once more. My two lovely poochies hate the rain and refuse to go out but I have my long coat and wellies for braving the weather.

    Have fun with the boys.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Patricia

    It is lovely when something as beautiful as this is created from the bit box isn't it.

    If you are anything like me you get a great feeling of satisfaction from using up the leftovers!!

    You sound like you are being kept nice and busy.

    Hope you enjoyed the weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Morning Patricia,
    A very pretty card from your bits box. I love the LOTV pads they are so pretty and make very quick cards. Hope the rain has stopped for you. We have sunshine today, most welcome.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Patricia and another beautiful card, great colour combo.
    I too don't like walking the dog in the rain. I hubby is around he gets the wet duties. Now this morning the sun was out with beautiful blue skies....so I jumped at the chance.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You never cease to amaze me with the cards that you make from your 'bit box' mine just keeps growing!! hope you have had some sun today as it is beautiful here, would have been a good day for a walk but had to wait in for various repair men etc between 7am - 6pm so no chance xx luv the LOTV image too - I may just have to look at those xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Patricia - another beautiful card from your bit box! Love it, Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. hi Patricia.
    i have looked at your latest cards and they are all so beautiful and different styles.
    i like the way you build your cards up.
    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete