Monday, 6 January 2014

"It`s MORE Boxes"

Hello and welcome to this little corner of Blogland.
Thank you so much for taking time to come visit me.   I love that you do that and leave all your lovely comments.  If you leave a comment and have an active Blog I love to link back to see what you get up too.  There is such a wealth of talent out there and so much inspiration.  Don`t know about the rest of you but it sure helps on the "empty head days" to have some ideas floating about.
My post for today comes from one of those days.  I was looking at Christine Harrop`s Blog http://christinescardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/  she had made a beautiful box.  She got the Tutorial on Becca Feekan`s Blog  www.amazingingpapergrace definitely worth a look Becca does some "amazing" things.   As most of my regular followers know I love making boxes, I just had to have a go at this one.    Once you have done one it does get easier.  I love Becca`s box but if I am totally honest I prefer making the Origami Box from the Tutorial over on http://flowersribbonsandpearls.blogspot.co.uk/  I think it`s the fact that the Origami Box needs NO measuring.......how lazy is that??  The other thing is I have now made so many I don`t need to to watch the Tutorial.  There is also such a great opportunity for going OTT with decorating the top of the Origami Box.   I have written down all the measurements for Becca`s box, I certainly will make more that`s for sure.
Here are the Boxes I made
  



I made to blue spotty one first.  Decided when it was all fresh in my mind to make another two

Card from my Stash
Woodware Border Punch System to make the bands
SB Fancy Square Dies
Flowers from WOC

That`s it for today 
Thank you very much for calling by I really appreciate every visit
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

 
 

26 comments:

  1. hi Patricia, three beautiful box`s, will make lovely gifts, beautiful flowers to decorate the tops.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really are beautiful, I love the design and gorgeous colours.
    I have saved the link to the tutorial, it sounds like they were great fun to make.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, can't have too many boxes.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, these are so beautiful Patricia, lovely design and pretty color combinations.
    hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous boxes Patricia. Hope you are keeping safe and warm. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boxes are always a joy to see, Patricia. I love them all...and you always embellish them so beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three pretty boxes Patricia, the colours are lovely. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful!! I love to make gift boxes too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...alle lieben wünsche noch immer fürs neue jahr, liebe patricia....ganz zauberhaft schauen deine boxen aus...
    liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen;-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like you I like to try different ideas and your boxes are lovely will have to view the link.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia, these boxes are so pretty..gorgeous colours! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia they are beautiful! Its nice to try out new designs keeps the creative juices flowing I think! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Patricia, These boxes are gorgeous, and I love your embellishments. Like you, I am addicted to the origami boxes, although I haven't done enough yet to make without laptop and Christina on pause at the side haha.
    Have a lovely day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three great boxes Patricia. The embellishments are lovely and make them all so different. Like you I can make the other origami box practically with my eyes shut, but it's good to challenge ourselves sometimes. Have a good day. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three more beauties Patricia. Thanks for the links to the tutorials. For those of us with limited boxing skills they will be invaluable. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia
    Sadly, the head never empties. If the craft section has room some other thoughts are quick to occupy the space lol!
    Beautiful boxes. There is something satisfying about making a pretty box.
    Off to the charity shop now.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful boxes Patricia and thanks so much for the links - very useful!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to have another go at these, you know me I like a challenge , these are so pretty. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia,
    Very pretty boxes, of which you are the queen.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous boxes and beautiful embellishments xx luv them xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous boxes and beautiful embellishments xx luv them xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous boxes Patricia. They all look so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful little gift boxes Patricia...would love to have a go at making some of these.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous creations sweetie as always hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Patricia, lovely boxes, you really make them well and the way you decorate them is just fabulous, love them all, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great boxes Patricia and beautifully decorated.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete