Wednesday, 5 February 2014

"Chic but a little Shabby"

Hello fellow Bloggers and friends.
Another shocking day of weather here.  This is the morning I normally meet Hazel, it was so bad we decided to call off.   I know we are not nearly as badly effected as some people.  There is really no point risking anything by going out in the howling wind and lashing rain if it is not absolutely necessary.  Hazel if off work this week, her family are off on their Skiing Holiday.  Hopefully we can meet up before her break finishes!!!!   The weeks go so quickly these days.
Thank you for all your lovely messages yesterday.  I told Wilma what I had done and about all your beautiful comments.  She says "Thank you very much, your thoughts and prayers are very welcome and comforting"
Yesterday I had to keep myself busy, I kept thinking about Jackson.  The fact that Robert was born the very same day makes us so grateful for what we have.  Robert is a wee devil at times, other times he is such a little Angel................he is just a typical BOY!!!
Keeping busy meant "Crafting".  I sorted out my card and paper.  I had some sheets I had taken out and not used.  They are all back in the appropriate boxes, apart from a few that had curled up corners or a bit cut off them, decided to use them up.
Here is one of the cards I made, I will show some of the others later.  That means I have things to show you for a few days.




Base card is an odd size approx 41/2 x 8 I did not want to cut the piece of printed paper so I worked round that
Various colours of card stock, I distressed the pink card for a slightly shabby effect
Paper printed from Florigorphy CD 2 from Create & Craft
Corners cut from a Die I got in a kit I got some time ago.  It was a Becca Feeken Kit
I embossed the corners with gold embossing powder, sanded them back a little, again for a slightly shappy effect
Piece of lace from my box threaded with Organza ribbon 
Bow from the same ribbon
SB Blossom Five Die for the rose
SB Foliage Die for the leaves

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling by.  Hope to see you again soon.
Till next time 
Hugs

I am going to enter this into  http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
I think it fits what is asked for

Ooopps!! I almost forgot to welcome my newest follower Debbie
 http://debscraftycreations.blogspot.co.uk
If you get time pop over and see what she has done with an Embossing Folder

Patricia   xxx  


36 comments:

  1. Yet another stunner xx luv everything about it xx good luck with the HOC challenge xx I will pop over to look at what they are doing and if I get chance I may have a go but have so many cards to make at moment (including 3 x male cards) and so little time to do them in - but I may try and make one of the female cards fit the bill xx anyway I hope you feel a bit brighter today after the sad news you received yesterday xx take care xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, I love the corners and that amazing flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous and I adore that flower. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia,

    A beautiful card made out of 'bits'. Love the corners.

    Sorry I never got round to anyone's posts yesterday so I have only just looked at your, so sad, please pass on my thoughts and prayers to Wilma and may Jackson be at peace.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is stunning! Love the corners and your flower is gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous card! I love the embossed corners, they add such an elegant touch! I have blog candy...I hope you can join in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rose looks like it was just picked and I can almost smell the fragrance. Love the corners, and the ribbon, too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful card Patricia - glad you're there for wilma and hope you get to see Hazel soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Patricia, such a pretty design and your flower is stunning.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Patricia and fabulous flower! Hope you get to catch up with Hazel before she has to return to work. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Patricia, your flowers are always gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia,
    Very pretty and the flower is stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card with its ribbon and large dimensional flower. It sounds like you had a good time sorting out your crafting bits which got your creativity going.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this style, feminine and shabby, and perfect for so many different occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely Patricia its gorgeous, I took Ollie out and wish I had stayed in LOL we got blown all over the place but saying that he would go out in a hurricane!! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous card Patricia. The colours and design look beautiful and no one makes flowers like you do!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sweetie, I love your creation, fabulous as always hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Patricia, what a pity you couldn't meet up with Haze, but wise not to chance things.
    Your card is so pretty, lovely paper and the rose is gorgeous. If you ever give a Master Class on making flowers, I'll be there!! Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Patricia, beautiful card, love your flower and that pretty paper, got that cd, about time I used them.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card! The flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just so pretty, love the flower and the colours are just divine...take care..xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia

    Stunning work as always .. .. and that flower is amazing!

    Only just read yesterday's post. I am very behind where blogland is concerned.

    How fortunate Wilma is to have you as her friend.

    I hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card as always Patricia, loving the flower. I have two boys like that at home, got to love them but sometimes!!
    I haven't read yesterdays post yet that's next.
    Take care, hope the weather improves with you soon, we seem to have been very lucky up to now here....fingers crossed.
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia
    Sorry I'm behind with my visit.
    Very pretty card. Gorgeous paper and flower.
    How annoying that the weather has kept you from meeting up with Hazel. Hopefully you can get together again soon.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hallo Patricia
    Wat een prachtig kaart mooie kleuren. schitterende roos
    Fijne dag
    Groetjes Gerrie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patricia,
    this is a very stunning creation. I love that superb rose it looks so real.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Patricia, another gorgeous creation, your flower is absolutely beautiful. Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia, I'm still deeply impressed with Jackson's story, it's not easy to shake off such feelings so easily...
    I had to bring up your beautiful card more closely to look at all the gorgeous details and colours, as always your bloom is superb, truly awesome. Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh so chic and perfectly shabby! I LOVE this gorgeous creation! The flower is beautiful and I adore the corners! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards--hope you join us again soon! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the flower you've made, it's beautifully vintage, as is the whole card. Thank you for sharing it with us at HOC and I too am a fan of Becka, those corners are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Patricia, What a shame you had to cancel your day with Hazel and friends, this weather certainly has a lot to answer for.
    I love your card, the paper is lovely, and the rose is stunning, as is the ribbon, love how you have 'twirled' it, very effective.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty card Patricia, Love the flower and the curled ribbon.
    Thanks for calling by, the pain has eased and I feel much better today Thank you for caring xxxxx
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. So pretty and colorful. Love the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry I'm so late with my blog checking. Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers. I keep hearing bad news at the moment. A blessing for the poor wee mite, but heartbreaking for those left behind! This card is very pretty. It always feel good to use up old stash. I have been doing just that today. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is beautiful. your flower is amazing. Good luck in the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is just gorgeous. Love all the layers.
    Thanks for playing along at HOC.
    Ang
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete