Monday, 10 February 2014

"My take on SU make"

Hello friends and fellow Bloggers, hope you are all well.  I hope anyone who is suffering in these terrible floods has had a nice day like we have had here today.  You could certainly do with some dry bright days.
Thank you for calling by, I love having you here to share what I have been up to.
Busy day here at the "ranch" Monday is big cleaning day.   John and I also wanted to pop up to Perth for a few things.  Up very early, cleaning done, had to tip John out of the bed to get the sheets!!!!!  Got all the washing done and out before we left.  All dry when we got back, it now needs to be ironed.  John had to go get his hair cut. More important we needed a new tube for one of the lights under the run of units in the kitchen. That`s where I work, thank goodness there are three lights, I just had to move up a bit last night.  Smelt burning, discovered the plastic over one of the fluorescent tubes had melted and was burning against the actual tube. Thank goodness we never leave the lights on if we are not in the house.
When Hazel and I were at the SU Workshop we made a few projects.  Hazel showed her take on one of them yesterday (hazelsbasketsof joy.blogspot.com)   I am now showing you "my" take on another.  The projects we did were rather simple for me but I did learn a few things.  I feel you often pick up little hints & tips no matter how experienced you are.  You are never to old to learn that`s for sure.  We did little 3 x 3 cards and popped them in a pr-made bag.  I made three 4 x 4 cards and made the bag to pop them in.  I will do a few and give them to some of my friends and neighbours  for Easter.  Other than Elaine and Hazel none of my friends make cards.  A few cards in a box or in this case in a bag are always handy to have.

This is the SU project
This is my take on it.  
The cards are made from my "bit box"
Cheery Lynn Die for the bows
This is them in the bag, all tied up with ribbon from my stash
So from SU to my version ........ very easy and a great idea

Paper printed from a CD
One of the cards has the same paper printed.  I thought I was being smart printing on "fast" but look at the difference in the colours.  Will not be doing that again, paper is fine for the little bag though
Had a laugh at all your comments on my "ladies" especially the "rebels"   Will see all their happy smiling faces tomorrow morning.........LOL!!!   I will let you know how I get on and what the "rebels" reaction to the ladies makes of the boxes.

That's it for today
Thank you for calling in I really appreciate that. 
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx

33 comments:

  1. Great cards and bag Patricia. Just the right size for little notes or thank you cards etc. Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patricia, wonderful wee cards, love the idea of the bags. So very simple but effective.
    Good luck with the class tomorrow, hugs Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia,

    These are beautiful, actually I prefer the colour of the bag to the card lol! The cards are great, never thought I would prefer Pink roses to what look like Purple roses lol!!!

    Anyhow, glad you had a great time with Hazel and you did do well to get some washing dry.

    Good luck with the class tomorrow, hope the rebels behave themselves this week!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Patricia... Love the bag...perfect size..Good luck tomorrow....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea Patricia. Beautiful cards and little bag. Hope you have a good day with your ladies tomorrow. I'm sure they'll enjoy making the boxes. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards and bag and what a fab Easter gift xx I prefer yours - I really do like SU products but not keen on a lot of the SU makes (a bit too American and twee for me) but wouldn't do for us all the like the same xx good luck tomorrow and I hope the ladies (rebels) really like the boxes and wish they had made them after all xx it might stop them complaining in the future xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards & bag Patricia, gorgeous papers..hope you have a good time tomorrow'...your ladies will love the boxes! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous makes Patricia, love the pretty rose paper.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely wee project, we all can learn a bit here and there. Good luck with your rebels tomorrow.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What delicious little gifties you will have for your neighbors. These are all so dainty & pretty. I liked your comment about learning something new even in classes where you know the drill. I have found that I always learned from anybody that I ever taught..in anything! (not cards or art stuff...I'm not that experienced yet! But it's fun to learn, and each student brings something new or from a different perspective. So that as a very apt thought you expressed!) So glad you & your sister had a good time. You're both so lucky to enjoy the same hobby, and live close enough to share it. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely makes Patricia and like your card a pretty paper

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea Patricia, such a pretty and useful gift. Good luck for tomorrow, you should take your bag and cards along as it would be a great class to pass on. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic little cards and bag Patricia. Such a useful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely Patricia and good luck with your rebels LOL huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What pretty paper on these cards, are they digital. I use a lot of digital paper although I have boxes of pads, I can never bring myself to use them, I just look at them... LOL.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards Patricia and a really nice gift for friends x

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous Patricia, such pretty papers and I love the bows.
    I hope you have a good time tomorrow making your boxes.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on the little cards and bag, I haven't had a go with these as I thought the girls would maybe manage these. Project for this week. Good luck with you know who tomorrow. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Patricia, gorgeous little cards, love those pretty paper and fantastic bows.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. glad to hear you had sunshine too! Great cards Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia wonderful cards I love the pretty papers. Good luck today, take a deep breath and count to 10! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards Patricia. Love those pretty papers.

    Hope the rebels behave themselves - good luck!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Patricia,
    Very pretty cards, and a lovely gift to give.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Patricia, Poor John, having to be 'tipped' out of bed haha, you always make me chuckle. I wish I could get my sheets out on the line, we seem to have constant rain, and when it isn't raining there is no wind, I'm really looking forward to Summer !!
    Your cards are really special, loving the bows too, absolutely ideal for Thank You and Just a Note cards, and the bag is a good idea.
    Have a good day at your class today, let's hope the 'rebels' behave themselves haha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous set of cards..colours, bows and papers are just awesome as always.xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Patricia,

    Love your take on the cards. Many thanks. Ohhh for some sunshine. Snowed in yesterday, dull today and snow forecast for tomorrow!!!! Pitfall for being rural. Wouldn't change a thing though.

    Much love,

    Shirley T. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm with you Patricia and you can always learn something new...it always amazes me what other folk come up with. Good luck on the class front, loving your take on the SU project.
    Happy crafting!
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous creations, such pretty papers and bows!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love cards and bags to put them in. You are so right that you are never too old to learn a new trick or two. I had a bit of a giggle at the "except those two my friends don't make cards." See I have a lot of friends who say they make cards but we never see the fruits of their labor. I suspect they are now friends who don't make cards.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous cards Patricia what a fun idea, love the beautiful bag.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your take on the SU project Patricia. The papers look lovely. Sometimes it's good to make something quicker than usual. I often wonder if some people appreciate the work we put into our cards! Admittedly I made cards for my bosses, their son and daughter-in-law and grandson and they were all delighted with them. As was the colleague I made a card for to give them. Makes it worthwhile when people like what you've done!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. How sweet these are Patricia! These beautiful cards always come in handy and are perfect for any occasion! And I bow to your bows, pardon the pun ;-) Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  33. All the cards and the bags are beautiful Patricia, I sometimes make little card gifts up too and they always go down well.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete