Thursday, 27 February 2014

"Something very different for me"

Hello Blog friends, followers and passing visitors.  
Thank you for popping in today, I love having you here.  I also get great pleasure from reading all your lovely comments.
Not a lot happened today apart from making up "Bags of Bits.  The ladies coming to the class on Tuesday asked if I could make up some bags with the bits we will be using.   They want to see if they can make the Roses themselves once they get home.  Sounds simple but Oh! My! Goodness! my arm is tired turning that handle.  I have an eBosser and a Grand Calibur but they take much longer.  My wee CuttleBug is best, I am sure I saw flames coming out the back.........LOL!!!
Had to go to Tesco to "stock up"  the boys are here overnight, I will take them to school in the morning.  John & Audrey are in Glasgow for a concert this evening.  Boys requested fish from the Fish Man for tea, got that as well.
When I met Hazel yesterday she gave me sheets of images she had embossed for me with her new embossing folders..........it`s great to share!!!
Came home and had a little play.  I got inspiration from a post that Jacqui http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk did.  Jacqui please do not be offended, this is not nearly as good as you created, nothing like it actually.  BUT!! your post did get the little grey cells working when I saw it.  First one I did was a disaster.  Set that aside and tried again, this time a lot better. I made it into a card not that it might ever get used but you never know.  First one did not go to waste, I cut the flowers and tree trunk out of it.

This is not my kind of Crafting but I did enjoy doing it.  
Will see what I can do with the other images Hazel did for me.
We go to the SECC a week on Saturday.  I am going to look for some different things when I go this time, some Glitter Sprays, Inks etc:-

Hazel did the image on beautiful Linen Effect card
Used TH Distress inks..........Faded Jeans, Victorian Velvet, Mowed Lawn, Walnut Stain to name a few.  I was really experimenting to be honest

Thats it for today
Thank you for your visit I appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia   xxx




29 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Patricia - absolutely LOVE it! Beautiful colours and design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is beautiful Patricia - will have to pop over and look at the inspiration - thanks for the link! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is gorgeous Patricia. I love the embossing and the colours you have added look wonderful.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Patricia. Well I never, if this is you out of your comfort zone what will you do next.I wonder. It really is stunning and the shaded colours are gorgeous. It's fun to play with inks and such and go where you want to. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia this is really lovely! love the colours you have chosen too have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Patricia. Very pretty. The linen card gives a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card Patricia, nice to get out of our comfort zone sometimes, you have done a great job.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how this card came out! Very pretty. Have a great day!
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well big sis, this is wonderful just goes to show what can be done with an embossed image. You have taken this to another level, the shaded colours are lovely, and I like what you have done to the flowers. Yes it is good to share, just wish I had time to play with the new bits you shared with me this week. It's Friday AGAIN!!! Where did the week go??? Hazel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Patricia I think it looks stunning you have done a brilliant job. Funnily enough I tried the same thing yesterday for my DT card next Monday but my effort is nowhere nice as yours! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia, Not your usual style, but this card is equally stunning !! I'm loving the effect of the inking onto linen card, it has an 'ethereal' effect, very mystical. Loving the little flowers atop the branches, a truly beautiful card in gorgeous colours. I love it !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! Love the gorgeous effect you created with the inks and the tree is beautiful.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card and luv the colours you have used and how you have shaded them - they look fab xx luvly emboss folder too xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia,
    It may well be out of your comfort zone, but it's stunning. Love, love, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia,

    This is gorgeous, I am so proud of you. What a surprise to see my name and blog mentioned, THANK YOU! I am not in the least offended, quite the opposite and the colouring is just as good as mine, if not better, I am honored. I LOVE the tree so beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well of course I just had to come see!!! LOVE this Patricia. Being our own worst critics we never see the beauty in what we create, but I can see the fantastic way you've blended those colours together over the linen card to create a perfect background for your floral tree. Massive round of applause to you for dipping your toes into the fun world of mixed media. I hope you are inspired enough to go for it next week at the SECC show. Many people take photos of the samples on display to help jog their memory/inspire them when returning home. Have the best time ever and well done you. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, enjoy your time with the boys.
    Great card, love how you've decorated the tree and the distressed background.
    I know what you mean about cutting out classes.....
    #neverendingstory!

    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patricia, you teamed up with Hazel and have created a beautiful piece. I love the die and that paper is awesome. I don't think I have tried any of that before. Looks wonderful. Enjoy the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super card Patricia, papers are gorgeous and love the flowers.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Patricia, love your card, and yes very different for you. Wonderful shaded background and the tree and flowers are gorgeous. You need to get out of your comfort zone more often when you can create something like this, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Patricia! This just goes to show how much fun it is to try other techniques, you have done the most beautiful job on this card. Your blending of the colours looks amazing and I love that gorgeous tree! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow this is fantastic it maybe out of your comfort zone but its terrific.Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia,
    well what a superb creation. I love it. Those fab colour inks are blended to perfectly and I love that tree and it's beautiful flowers too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia, it's nice to try new techniques and you have created a gorgeous card..really beautiful blending and design..love it! Have a good weekend, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  25. May not be your 'usual' crafting, but it sure is stunningly beautiful. That color combo you selected is very subtle & chic. I love it! Your pretty flowers on that swirly tree...yummy. Gives me some ideas too! Think your picture was just fine. Hope you will do some more. Lucky you & Hazel to be able to share hobbies & supplies. Twice the fun at half the price! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Maybe this isn't what you normally do, but it is fantastic. I love the blues and browns that you've sponged on. The flowers are wonderful and their pearl centers really make them pop.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Golly Patricia,
    How did I miss this. Mega apologies. I was probably still in shock over Mr Ducks Glaswiegan cuisine lol!
    This is so atmospheric, like a misty moor. Stunning!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Not your type of crafting Patricia? I think you could do ANY type of crafting, for you are just so very creative! Just look at how you altered this embossed tree, it's a real stunner!! hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete