Sunday, 9 March 2014

"Not a lot of goodies here"

Hello everyone welcome to my Blog.  Hope you are all well, if not here are a few (((((hugs)))))  I am fine, still not 100% but as I told you John said I never have been.   Nothing to worry about there then.
Thank you for popping by today, I love to have you here.  Also thank you for your comments on my Mothers Day Card.  It will be going to a good home, I gave it to Isobel my neighbour to give to her mum on the day.
No Mothers day card needed here.  Our mum died very young at the early age of 43 leaving Hazel 20 years, me 23 years.  Worse still there was also Jackie 6 and Fiona 3, same parents just a big gap.  Hazel and I have always maintained there must have been lost babies that we never knew about.  Hazel got married shortly after and took the girls to live with her.  In a new marriage she was looking after 2 children for a couple of years before her eldest daughter Gillan was born.   At one point Hazel and Charlie had 5 children .........!!!!!
Well folks we went to the Hobbycraft Show at the SECC  .....  what a BIG disappointment!!!!   We did actually have a great day, the journey through and being in the company of good friends was a delight, sharing lunch with Wilma (scottishcrafter) we all enjoyed that.   The show itself was not so good.  We have gone on a Saturday for years simply because some worked and that`s the day that suited.    Always kind of dreaded it as it was so, so busy.   Elbows at the ready to get through the crowds.  Some stands you just could not get near........ not this year.  Plenty space to move about, Wilma even managed to find us in one of the isles just before lunch.   I have counted till now approx 12 Companies that were not there.  We were talking on the way home about whether it would really be worth our while spending the money to go down to Birmingham in November.   Don`t know if we would even bother going to the Glasgow show end of October.  Will need to have a good discussion on that. 
So here is my "haul" of goodies.  Hazel and I have shared some  LOTV Art Pads splitting the images between us. We got lots of Pearls they were 6 for £5 and shared colours.  Hazel got more Organza Ribbon than me, I still have loads but needed more of that pink.  A small Britannia Die and a couple of bunches of Stamens.  Hazel asked me later why I needed the Stamens.  When I explained she said Oh! maybe I should have got some,  just shared mine there are lots in a bundle.


So folks I came home with money in my purse and the Credit Card had never saw the light of day.   I know I said I did not need anything but I have never come home with so little in my bag before
That`s it for today
Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it.  Please call back soon
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia xxxx

22 comments:

  1. Hi Patricia...I went to farnbourgh craft show down this way... and a lot of traders were not there either... I wonder if the Internet has taken over???? I don't plan to go to the Ally Pally big stamp show either this year. as last year I was so disappointed with it... Love your goodies... Have fun... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patricia, I am sorry to hear that you lost your mum at such a young age. It must have been a really difficult time for you.
    Such a shame that the craft show was a disappointment. I have heard a few others say the same thing. Still, the goodies you got are gorgeous and it sounds like you still had a good time.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, sorry to hear about your mam it brought back memories of us losing my dad at a early age. Well I'm hoping the NEC in a couple of weeks is a lot better because I've never been before LOL I always go to Harrogate because its closer but the stands there were getting less and less, but it will be worth it to meet up with Mrs Duck, Christine and Sue P :) huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia .i felt the same about Farnborough every year there have been fewer stands and not sure I would bother to go again...and I came hone with money and my credit card in tact

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Patricia, sorry about your mum, must have been a terrible time for you all.
    sounds like you had a wasted journey, except for meeting your friends and a day out.
    wonder if it`s the terrible weather we had, all the floods, anything to do with a sparse show, hope it picks up for your Birmingham, if you go.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia

    So sorry you were disappointed with the craft show. Such a shame when you have looked forward to it for so long.

    Have been smiling whilst reading your previous posts. My Cuttlebug has been on its last legs for a while now .. .. and is currently being held together with duct tape!!

    I ordered another yesterday. LOL!!!

    I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could see your cards closer. They look pretty colors like Pastel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia how sad you lost your mother so young and Hazel had to bring such small children up. There is 17 years between my brother and I too. I am all set for the NEC in Birmingham in two weeks. I was going to go on the Friday to try and avoid the crowds but unfortunately I had a hair appointment so I'm going on the Saturday, its always wild there!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia,
    so sorry to hear you lost your mother at such a young age. I always say I was blessed to have my parents for such a long time, as my children lost their Dad at quite and early age.
    So sorry to hear about the show being not soooo good. Your goodies look great, always good to have a good supply of those you have purchased.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Patricia, It was the Anniversary of my Mum's death yesterday, and I miss her every day, so my heart goes out to you as a family.
    So sorry that your craft show wasn't as good as previously, I found the same thing at the Manchester Event City show, and I too was thinking that I wouldn't be going to the same one later in the year.
    I am off to the NEC in a couple of weeks and then Port Sunlight the week after. Like you, I don't need anything !!!
    Have a lovely day, we have some sunshine today, and yesterday afternoon I did both gardens, and my back was complaining, but touch wood it doesn't seem too bad this morning, fingers crossed. I so love the sun.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Patricia, sorry the show was disappointing, but at least you got a few goodies and had a good time and lunch with Wilma. I have to say that we gave up on the NEC show a few years ago, preferring Ally Pally (not least because it's a weekend in London for Tom and I). We've not been disappointed yet and are going in April, but I looked at the list of exhibitors and quite a few favourites seem to be missing this time, so who knows? Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia - so sorry the show was such a disappointment - I must say I'm surprised - I thought it would be a big show and craft shows seem to be getting bigger all the time. What a shame for you. The NEC might be a better move for November although surely the show before Christmas would be better! Lots to think about! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad, when you look forward to it. Just think of what else you can spend the money on!!!!
    I keep looking at the LOTV pads, they are lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia,
    It's such a shames when you are looking forward to something and it's a disappointment, never mind you still have a few goodies to use.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Patricia, what a shame that the show didn't live up to expectations. Mind you I don't like elbows at dawn!
    Some days out are just great because of the company. x
    On the bright side more money to spend on other things!
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Patricia, lovely goodies, I love the Art Pads too, but I never want to use them, defeates the purpose somewhat.
    What a shame the show was a disappointmet, I think that maybe the online shopping is taking over; however it was a day out and meeting up with Wilma was good. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear about you having to lose your mom at such a tender age Patricia... It can't have been easy for you and Hazel back then... I, too, have lost my parents 7 years ago and they are still so missed and loved! Despite the disappointing show, you sure brought home a couple of supernice goodies, you will be able to put them to good use, knowing you! Take care, hugs, Ira x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about your Mother's passing. Must have been hard for you and your famiky. Surprised to hear about the craft show. I too wonder if the Internet is changing things. Nice haul. Looking forward to seeing what you create with it. Have a great day.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely goodies, sorry it wasn't as good as you'd hoped. I love these 6 for £5 pearls - my trusty favourites!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia
    Bit behind as I think you have passed your germs down tinterweb to me.
    I lost my Mum and Dad less than 3 years apart in my late 20's and I miss them everyday.
    That is a very restrained looking pile of goodies. I remember you saying the NEC was much better than Glasgow so I hope you will still come in November as John is hoping to come over for the show. Will see how it is in a couple of weeks and let you know how it goes.
    Sweet dreams.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  21. My hat's off to you, for keeping some money in your wallet and the cc in your purse. Never would happen to me! You got some lovely haul, anyway. What fun that you & Hazel can share. Doubles the fun, and also halves your outlay. I'm glad you got to enjoy your friends and a nice lunch too. The shows here in our area are not what they once were, but we still manage to have enough vendors show up, that I can do substantial damage. Loved those Britannia dies. Alas, dollar to pound conversion puts them a bit out of my reach, especially if shipping is added. I did get some sentiment dies last year after Mrs. A provided the link for me. They are lovely products. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a nice haul of pearls (and other goodies). I wonder about the convention we are having this coming weekend. There are only about a dozen vendors to be there. I don't doubt I'll find some good things to spend my money on though but I don't think it will be that big of a to-do. I signed up for a class that happens at the end of the show. I think the idea is that I should hang out there all day. I'm not sure that will work well. Might be too much time to kill.

    ReplyDelete