Wednesday, 9 April 2014

"Back to the Roses"

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.  If not here are a few (((((hugs))))) to help.
Thank you for popping by, I love having you here.  I would like to welcome my latest follower  -  Anna Innes.  I hope you enjoy your journey though Blogland with me I am delighted you are on board.  The boys are off school, although we do not look after them they are here a fair bit at their request.  Grandpa and the boys have been away on their bikes all afternoon.  I did get a big bunch of Daffodils on their return.  Now no prizes for guessing where they got them  .....   yes!! along the side of the road.  There used to be lots of Bulb Fields round these parts, there are still a few.  We do have plenty growing wild all around us and Robert so much wanted to pick some.   More for the "devilment" of it I think, boys will be boys. 
Sorry I have been missing again, I really do not know where all my time goes.  I am trying hard to keep up with all my comments.  If I have missed you it is certainly not intentional, I will get to you I promise.
Yesterday I did my Craft Class I was teaching them how to do the Origami Box.  Two of the rebels were there, from what I could see they enjoyed themselves.  Had help from Hazel, thank goodness.  I would never have managed without her.  There were 10 ladies altogether, they all went home with a finished box.  I had intended them making Roses for their boxes but we ran out of time.  We used beautiful Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts instead.  They had Die Cut leaves and butterflies which they used.   I had given them all the making for the Roses which they can make at home.
Here is one of my "samples" for the class It is basically "white on white" with just a little touch of colour.  I wanted them to see what could be done using just white card for the box.  Some of them were saying they could not get single sheets of 12x12 paper/card and did not want to buy whole pads.


I cut down an A3 sheet of Papermill White card for the box and lid
Some narrow lace from my stash
16gsm Paper for the Roses and leaves.  I distressed the edges with TH Dusty Concord 
Narrow and 25mm Organza ribbon from Mieflower plus some pearls to finish it all off
 
I am off to clear up the mess Robert and I made doing some crafting.  He put most of the "things" away it is the Glass Mat and Crafts Sheets that need cleaned. 
He forgot to take his picture so here it is:-

 
When the boys arrived I was "playing with this image, Robert wanted to have a go at stamping and colouring.   Not quite what a 7 year old boy would usually do but Robert and I have great fun with anything crafty.  By the way he framed it himself using the Perfect Layers Ruler and a Craft knife.   Frame not 100% perfect but a good job I think
 
That`s it for today
Thank you for call in I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs
 
Patricia  xxx
 


35 comments:

  1. Lovely card that Robert has made, very good for 7 years.

    Love the box, as you know, I love making these. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if your ladies are enjoying your classes Patricia. The box is so stunning and I'm sure they will want to make roses too. Robert has made a super job of his creation too. An artist in the making I think. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Patricia, so pleased to hear your rebels enjoyed themselves at last, who couldn't want to do these wonderful boxes, this one is gorgeous, I love the white on white.
    Robert's card is fantastic, love the fairy image and well done him with the layering, takes after his Gran, have a good evening hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cannot go wrong with these boxes, love the white on white. Robert's card is great for a youngster, wonder where he gets his talent?

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your box is stunning Patricia and I am pleased your craft class enjoyed making them too. It must feel so rewarding to be able to teach your skills to others and see them enjoy themselves.
    Robert's card is fabulous!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your box is gorgeous Patricia and love Roberts card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. That box is fabulous! I can see why everyone was pleased with it, even the rebels. I can't imagine that you thought you had time for the boxes AND the roses as it looks like so much work. It looks good with the pre-made flowers though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The box is gorgeous Patricia, so pleased you had a happy class. Well done Robert, great layering and love the fairy. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic box Patricia, and those gorgeous roses and leaves as decoration.
    brilliant card from your Grandson.
    glad the class went well and your rebels behaved.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous roses box Patricia, I love them in white the Dusty Concord is fab on the edges :D Grand children are great, looks like yours keep you really busy, it's great to share your hobby with them. Robert's card is really great for a 7yr old, well done that boy :D x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gorgeous box Patricia. Smashing card - Robert is a natural! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. your box is stunning patricia and I'm so glad the rebels enjoyed making it - its gorgeous! I love Robert's card too - what a clever boy and the framing is fabulous! Hope you have a good evening and a great Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia
    Fabulous box... And love Roberts card... He is a natural.... Well done
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Robert's card is fantastic, he certainly is very talented! I love the gorgeous box too, the flowers on top are stunning. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Patricia.
    what a fabulous box and beautiful card.
    the flowers are so pretty on the box and give an elegant look.
    i was struggling with my health, so it took a few weeks to start blogging again.
    have a nice week and hugs to you.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous box and card Patricia. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful gift box and card! Your flowers are stunning! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, Robert, you did a fantastic job of the card, I love it and am thrilled to see your art. Patricia, your box and gorgeous roses are just that, GORGEOUS....XXX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Morning Patricia,
    Wow! beautiful box, love the flowers on top. Please tell Robert he's a very clever boy his card is lovely.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia
    Time is a very precious commodity indeed.
    Love the box in the white. I've always done them with a pattern somewhere but this looks great.
    Well done Robert! Obviously has inherited Grandma's craft gene.
    Hope you manage to catch your own tail this week.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely box. Hope the ladies liked it. Must look back to see how you made it

    ReplyDelete
  22. The box is lovely and I am so glad that you had a good time with the ladies in your group. The flowers make it special and it would be wonderful filled .... with chocolates !!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia, this is such a stunning box, so pleased your ladies enjoyed making them! Well done to Robert too, looks like he has inherited 'crafty- ness' lol, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning box and amazing flowers as always - Robert's card is amazing too (he has a real talent) I wonder where he gets it from??
    Can I ask you which die you use to make your flowers? I have loads of flower dies but not sure if I have this one!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia, A stunning origami box, and Robert's card is gorgeous, what a creative boy he is, he will be the next 'Tim Holtz 'of crafting if he keeps it up !!
    Have a lovely day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an amazing box Patricia! Love love your flowers, but then I always do, they're always sooooo pretty! And wow, it really shows where Robert's talent comes from, lol! He certainly has a great feeling for colours! Enjoy your evening, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous box Patricia loveeeeeeeee those flowers. I can remember my son always bringing me flowers from 'somewhere' they just want to put a smile on your face lol and wow Robert certainly has the makings of a fab crafter:))) have a great weekend huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your box is so pretty Patricia, and Robert's card is brilliant, he's done a fantastic job
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Patricia, brilliant box, love the roses. My your Grandson is taking after his Gran by the looks of that card, well done both of you.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous box as always Patricia, Robert's card is fantastic...love the design & beautiful image... well done!! Have a happy weekend Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my Word!!!!! Those flowers are nothing short of amazing..........absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Patricia, just came back to say thank you for your very kind words on my blog, I really do appreciate it. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so beautiful! Your flowers are stunning as always and your details are so pretty. Sorry for my late comment - like you, I seem to have been flying through the weeks lately!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Morning what a beautiful card robert as made a real good job of it. When my son was his age he used to love to craft. But he used to leave me with a real mess to clean up.

    Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous box Patricia and beautifully embellished.
    Robert has done a super job with his card, my youngest still likes to sit and craft if he can get in my craft room with me! (Not always possible!)
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete