Friday, 25 July 2014

"Oldie for Friday"

Good morning Blog friends, it certainly is a beautiful one here this morning.  This past week we have had to wait till later for the sunshine due to the Haar that often shrouds this part of the East Coast of Scotland.  Even though we are actually inland a bit we are still plagued by it.   Not today, it is up and running already I do hope it lasts the pace.
Welcome to my Blog and what I have to offer. I have been supporting Erika over at http://snappycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ with her "Oldies for Friday" showcasing "Anything" you have made in the past, it does not have to be a card.  
I have to apologise if I have missed commenting on any of your Blogs.  With the schools being off and the weather good we often get phone calls asking if we would like to join John, Audrey and the boys on "days away" or "events" that they have organised.  We also have the boys here some days which means absolutely NO crafty time.  I might be missing for a few days even a week at a time till the schools go back.   I have things I could "schedule" but whats the point, I am not here to get back to visit and comment on your Blogs.  I am sure you can picture the scene and understand the situation.
Here is my offering for "Oldie on Friday" this week:-

A Chocolate Explosion:-
My hubby is a Chocoholic, never puts on any weight, that makes me really mad 
This was what I gave him as part of his Birthday Gift.
Lots of bars of Chocolate:- presented in a very different way 
Cheap plastic pot, piece of Oasis (dry),  Kebab Sticks.  
Whole sticks right in the centre with the longer bars attached.  I then cut the sticks at various levels to give me all the different heights
Wrapped it in cellophane and presented it to one Happy Birthday Boy!!!

That`s it for today.  I am actually going away with my friend Isobel picking Raspberries.
We are doing this by the book ........ not going foraging as we do for the Strawberries!!!!
Isobel makes wonderful jam, she needs help picking for the amount of Rasps she requires.  Much cheaper to "pick your own" that`s what I am up to this morning.  Will need lots of Factor 50 Sunscreen for today.

Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx

22 comments:

  1. Morning Patricia, I bet John was as pleased as punch when he received this birthday pressie, it looks lovely and a fabulous presentation.
    I hope your day raspberry picking is 'fruitful' haha, if it was me I would end up eating more than I could put in my basket haha.
    I don't blame you going off on 'away days' with your family, enjoy !!!
    I have a 17th birthday card to make for my youngest Granddaughter on the 30th, I went in my craft room yesterday and it was far too hot, I have a blackout blind down permanently and it was still hot in the room, so I decided to go outside and sit under the parasol listening to my audible book, it was lovely, I so love this weather and try to take as much advantage of it as I can while it's here haha, although I will need to get my card making done this weekend, heat or no heat in the room hahaha !!
    Enjoy your day and your weekend.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super yum. My hubby loves his chocolate too and icecream so this would appeal to the chocolate man.xxx
    Fabulous ,xxx ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea Patricia, why do men not put weight on, so not fair xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    I will not be showing Mr D this picture as he will want one! He's the same, never puts on an ounce yet I look at a cake and a button pops lol!
    Raspberries. . . . . . . . Yummmmm. Reminds me of a new parfait recipe I have been meaning to try.
    Enjoy your day in the Sun.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my kind of birthday present Patricia I expect your hubby was over the moon....such a brilliant idea

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love this myself - but I think I have already put on 2 lbs just looking at the picture .... lol! What is it with men and their metabolism? Too hot to do anything at the moment. I know many people love it but I just cannot cope with it I'm afraid. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia and thanks for joining me on share an oldie. I love your selection of goodies and beautifully presented, nomn, nomn.
    We're hoping to go fruit picking next week after the gala so I can make some jam. Have a super day and don't forget to take your scones and cream with you!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! What a fab present! Bet your hubby loved it!! Have a great weekend, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a fab present I wouldn't mind that myself lol! Only I would put on all the weight!

    Do not worry about not blogging for a while Patricia, we are all the same, well at least I am lol! I may be off work for the summer but I have got loads to do and I am trying to get it done before we go away so when I come back I can craft to my hearts content and hopefully get loads of Christmas cards done as I have an order from one of the teachers at work as well as my own!!!

    Enjoy your summer.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a fab idea and what a lucky hubby xx hope you had a lovely day and didn't get burnt xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know exactly what you mean!! I may be missing for a few days too....had a day at the seaside yesterday...brilliant!
    Love the chocolate explosion...I could do with a bit of sugar just to keep up with my two!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricis, wow some bag of sweeties, and wonderfully presented, Alistair would just adore this, so would I actually, have a great weekend, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Patricia, fantastic present, bet it went down a storm..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Morning Patricia,
    Lovely idea, have you seen john next door's blog today a very similar idea.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! I love chocolate too, but who doesn't? Love Raspberries too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our husbands could be twin brothers Patricia, oh, I can be so jealous at times, too! (although in my case it's not my weight I'm worried about, but my skin, I tend to get pimples real easily whenever I eat too much chocolate and they never show on my ... but always in my face, lol! Almost 50 and still in my teens, argh!) But I must say, this sure looks yummy ;-) Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving hubby's present Patricia. Solves the problem of what to buy since men are so difficult to buy for!

    We've had a bit of haar some days too as we're not far from the sea as the crow flies. But it's been lovely and warm and when Catriona and the kids were up last week they managed to get to the beach at Cruden Bay twice and Collieston once. Both only about 10 minutes drive and no parking problems so ideal for them.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a unique & delicious birthday gift for your own little skinny Chocaholic! I bet he enjoyed every single morsel too. Go and enjoy your family while you can. All too soon the little ones will want to be with their friends instead of family, so just have fun during this so special time. Blogging is a hobby, families are Life! Spoken by one who is way behind in visiting once again! Come when you can, and you are most welcome to enjoy the porch and swing with us. Loved your use of the word "haar". If I didn't read so many novels set in Britain, Scotland & Ireland, I wouldn't have known that one! Such an intriguing word. Glad you are getting some nice sunny weather to enjoy for a bit. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. great project and gift, no worries, we all miss time
    :) Hugs from California
    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh, A chocoholics dream!! What a fabulous idea, looks very yummy, Have a wonderful day Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia,
    now this is right up my street, as I love chocolate of any form, but sadly I do put on weight so limit myself to 1 bar a week not saying how big though. lol.
    I think I may join your oldie for Friday next time will just take a note of the blog address.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a fantastic present and a great idea! Perfect for any chocaholic!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete