Thursday, 17 July 2014

"Sue`s Bevelled Glass Striplet Die"

Good morning Blog friends, followers and poppers by.  Welcome to my Blog, hope you are all well. We are having a sunny start to the day thank goodness.  We had rain yesterday till approx 2pm, sun appeared till 4pm then we had the most horrendous Thunder & Lightening storm.  
John got his "clearing of the Corpses" done, not too many just the ones that had managed to escape when James pumped the chemical into the nest.   He even manged to run a few trains later in the day, couple of slight de-railments when engines hit dead wasps on the line.  
After I had played with a few more of my purchases from the weekend I decided to tidy some away .....  well, where to put them???   Die boxes rather full, need to go today to buy another couple.  Card boxes full to overflowing ...... why! Oh! why! did I buy so much more stuff???  I really need to have a sit down and think about re-arranging some things ..... job for another day though.
At the Workshop with Sue she did her Fire & Ice technique.  I had never done this before and really enjoyed it.  My card is today is using the Gilding Flakes but Micro Beads rather than the Ice Crystals.
The card looks better in real life, but here it is:-


Base card approx 8x6 PMD A3 card
Black card pierced round the edges
Dull Gold Mirri type card
Bevelled Glass Striplet  Die cut twice 
Double sided sticky sheet and Gilding flakes
Micro Beads
SB Poinsettia Die
Computer generated Happy Christmas
I took the inspiration from Sue`s card posted on her Blog 13th July

That`s it for today and the last Christmas Card I will show for a while.
I now have 26 cards in my Christmas Card collection.  This has never, ever happened before.  Must remember where I "put them somewhere safe" ................ !!!!

Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx





23 comments:

  1. Morning Patricia,
    A delightful card, love the colours and the fire and ice technique, haven't tried it myself yet but must give it a go.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty Patricia!! Sorry to hear about the de-railments (snigger!!) and "why! oh! why! did I buy so much more stuff???" sounds familiar, but after all, it has to be done!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Patricia, love it. Has a stained glass effect and would take pride of place in the receiver's house I'm sure. Enjoy the sunshine today!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is wonderful Patricia. I love the elegant design and the colours look amazing.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation Patricia, love the die used. Your additional beauties finish the card of beautifully...xxx
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Afternoon Patricia, I love the fire and ice technique, it always looks very effective, your card is beautiful, loving the striplet die and the poinsettia is my favourite. I enlarged your piccie and it shows up the micro beads much better.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is stunning Patricia - really gorgeous - I love this die and what you have done with it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricia, this is stunning, so lovely. I too love the Fire & Ice technique, always looks stunning.

    I too need a new box to keep all my cards in lol! The one I have at the moment is overflowing!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Patricia love that die you have used huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Patricia and a lovely technique

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-great card. Love the stained glass effect behind the lovely diecut on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fan card - you are so organised!!! I thought I was doing well haing nearly completed my first Christmas card - never made a Christ,as card in July before xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stained glass effect Patricia, great idea using the micro beads.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Patricia, your card is stunning, gorgeous colours and the die is beautiful. Haven't a clue what the fire and ice technique is but it sounds interesting, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous creation Patricia, I do like the fire and ice technique but not had a go as yet, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Patricia, beautiful Christmas card, love the background you have created, never tried this myself.
    I know what you mean about buying and storage, terrible trying to find a home for new goodies here.
    pam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's pretty awesome looking at it on your blog too! I'm so loving all these cards you're making with the SW dies. So lucky you to attend a workshop with Sue, I bet it was fabulous. I'm not familiar with the technique you're describing, so I'll see if I can google it. It looks like a very elegant technique, judging by this beautiful resplendent card! Glad the wasp situation is in the past and that you had some nice sunshine today. Got some more SW dies on order, maybe they will arrive next week. I need to go get a job!!! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Smashing technique with such great results Patricia! Looks like one of those refined leaded glass window panes, so beautiful! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi again Patricia
    This is just like the one on Sue's blog that made me think, "gotta have that die!" Must try this technique as it does look stunning.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a stunning technique - this looks incredible!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Most impressed with your growing Christmas collection and this is another superb one. Love the whole rich stained glass feel to this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete