Tuesday, 26 August 2014

"Baby Blankies"

Hello Blog friends, followers and anyone who just happens by.  Welcome, welcome, I hope you are all well.  If not here are a few ((((hugs)))) in hope that they help.
Did my Card Class this morning, the rebels were there!!!!   I think they have had "personality transplants" over the holiday.   They were certainly much better before we broke up, but my goodness they were the life and soul of the class today.  They were really delighted with the cards they managed to make.  It made such a difference, I am quite looking forward to the next one.
We had terrible problems trying to Die Cut some things.  2 Grand Caliburs, a Cuttlebug and an eBosser and none of them were cutting properly.  I really think it was the Dies, they were all brand new and latest designs.   I feel these companies are churning out Dies at a "rate of knots"  If you are unlucky to get some at the end of a production run they are not nearly as sharp as ones from the beginning.  
Anyway that`s today`s class over, just have think of something for the next one.  Will be doing any Die Cutting here rather than at the Workshop that`s for sure.
I have not been doing much Paper Crafting lately.  I have to have my hands busy at all times, I have been Crocheting.  I got a bag of wool from a friend, there was a BIG ball of white.  I decided to make some Baby Blankies.  I saw them on a website when trawling one evening.  It was a free pattern from ... thestitchenmommy.com  the cute little bunny is so sweet.  I have never crocheted anything other than a square before but the pattern for the bunny was actually rather easy to follow.  Must have been if I managed to work it out.
Here are mine which were snapped up by Elaine to sell at the Tearoom.  They have both sold now she is looking for more.  



Pink for a girl

Blue for a boy

Just noticed a tiny little thread from sewing the eyes on the blue one 

That`s it for today
Thank you for taking time to visit and comment I really appreciate that you do that
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx




24 comments:

  1. Beautiful bunny blankies Patricia. I still have two as well. But mine are slightly smaller than yours I think. Will show them later. Glad the class went well today, these lucky ladies have a great tutor. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Patricia, two beautiful blankies, love the little bunnies on them too.
    What a pity about the dies, they are so expensive too. Thats you, Hazel and Ang that's had problems, I hope you let Sue know.
    Pleased to hear the class was good and your "rebels", enjoyed it too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, lovely baby blankets, agree with Kate, you should let the shop you got your dies from about them not cutting..
    Glad you enjoyed your class today..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia these are beautiful love the little rabbits....wish I could crochet...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Patricia, a great gift for a new born...may have to give them a go sometime. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww these are totally adorable Patricia. Thank you for the link, I used to do lots of crochet and am determined to have a go at making one of these.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia
    These are beautifully cute and beautifully made. No wonder they flew out of the tearoom.
    You didn't leave a tub of glue open in the class did you? Just thought Stadler and Waldorf may have been sniffing something lol!
    I'm afraid my new die needed a couple of passes through the GC. Its only small compared to others so its a bit disappointing.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeously cute, love these little creations, so sweet...xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous creations - so unusual too xx one thing I can't do is crochet - must try and learn xx glad the class went well and the rebels are being appreciative of what you do - not before time xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are adorable Patricia, I've taught myself to crochet this year so might have a go!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia, So glad your first class went well. maybe the 'rebels' have had a personality transplant, don't knock it haha !!
    Your bunny blankies are absolutely gorgeous, no wonder Elaine snapped them up, you will be inundated with orders now haha. I really wish that I could crochet, I will have to try and teach myself.
    We have a bit of sunshine today, yippee, chilly but nice, hope it lasts.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Patricia,
    I too have one die that's a real pain to cut have to put through the G/C three or four times, that's why I'm saving my pennies to get an e-bosser. Pleased to hear your class went well and the rebel ladies behaved themselves.
    I love you little blankies, they are gorgeous.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Patricia ,i just wish i could crochet , i have tried on several occasions , but it beats me down every time .
    Take Care
    Elaine H . X

    ReplyDelete
  14. More absolutely beautiful creations from you, Patricia. I'm so sorry that I don't comment more often. I do pop in every now and again to see what you've been doing. My life is not the same without Eric. I might just check out the website to have a look at the pattern. I used to crochet many years ago but haven't done any for quite a while. If my eyes stay open I might be able to concentrate on these. I love your box too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how gorgeous are these Patricia! they are really beautiful huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Patricia these are gorgeous! You are very talented with your busy fingers!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Patricia, those are so cute...really gorgeous! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to hear the rebels behaved at your class it does make such a difference to a harmonious class.
    Loving your baby soothers, so cute.
    As for the dies, every now and again you can get a dud one, take them back to where you bought them and exchange them. Did you try using wax paper with them too?
    Enjoy your evening.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful Patricia and so cute! Well done you clever lady!xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous Patricia, so sweet.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Big sis it looks like I am not the only one whose dies won't cut. At least it makes me feel better. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. How supersweet these are Patricia! You're so clever, you are capable of anything, aren't you? Have a wonderful evening, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your baby blankets are beautiful - you are certainly a multi-talented crafter!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete