Saturday, 6 September 2014

"Happy Birthday Card"

Good morning Blog friends, followers and poppers by.  Hope you are all well if not here are a few (((((hugs))))) in hope that they might help.  Thinking about Rachel (Fishers Cards) who`s hubby has had a stroke and is very ill.  Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
Woke this morning to another very dark morning.   OH!! the dark mornings and evenings are creeping ever nearer.  Will soon be time for me to go into "hibernation", No!! I am not joking I do not cope well with dark days & nights.  However the day has now turned into a beautiful sunny one.  Will potter about outside in the garden while it lasts.
Met Hazel yesterday, we had a great old chat and catch up.  Met at 10.15 before we knew it 1.00pm had come and gone.  My goodness we chatted all that time and still had things to message about in the evening.   We had little money things to sort out.   I was owe Hazel for things she had got for me. We save every month for our holiday which I pay into the bank.  Hazel was owe me for that, at the end of the head scratching and working out it was all square.......so another cup of tea was needed!!!!
Nothing much happening at The Ranch today ...... that we know about at this point in time.     However that could all change after Robert finishes at his football, Thomas returns from his friends.  Got plenty supplies in so no worries on the "feeding/eating " front. 
My card for today was part of an order which has now been delivered.

Base card 5x7 Centura Pearl style card
SB Background Die (think it is called Butterfly Delight)
SB Matting Dies to make a frame
Quadruple bow using Meiflower ribbon (this is the best ever ribbon for tying bows) 
A dazzler coloured with Promarker Pen
Computer generated greeting with a little bit of glitter on the 50th

I was told the person to receive the card did not like "flowery" just hope she likes "bows" ........!!!

That` it for today folks, have a fantastic weekend
Thank you so much for your visits and lovely comments I really appreciate each and every one
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx


33 comments:

  1. Morning Patricia,
    A very pretty card, love the die, but sorry not a fan of big bows.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning master piece big sis. After seeing it yesterday in the flesh as one would say. The black and white combo is startling. Hope you have a quiet one at the Ranch, Johns knees need the rest, no cyling and going into the burn for him. Thomas will have to realise his grandpa isn't as fit as him. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patricia, that background die cut is stunning! Rachel & family in my thoughts too......so sad.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Patricia - very striking. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Patricia and yes, poor Rachel and her hubby I do hope he is allright...life is too short.
    You may go into hibernation soon and I will be coming out of it...xxxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Patricia! You have used lovely dies and the ribbon bow looks fantastic! Have a lovely weekend. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done it again Patricia, produced another gorgeous card,stunning, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Patricia. I must give the meiflower ribbon a try as sometimes it is difficult to get a ribbon that will tie nicely. Beautiful background die and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Patricia
    Gorgeous card. Its Butterfly Magic and it is just that,magic! Love how you've made the bow look like a floral rosette. Agree about Mei Flower. I use her satin ribbon and its fab.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Patricia,
    superb card again today.
    That bow is amazing, and I love it.
    Now you know me and butterflies, and all I can say is I want that die.
    Can't remember seeing it before, but then with my memory these days, I could have seen it before on here.
    Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope the weather is lovely for you.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card Patricia. Sounds like you both enjoyed your time together. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Patricia and thoughts are with Rachel and her family..huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card & luv the bow & the glittered '50' on the sentiment xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Patricia, I love the butterfly background and the colour theme is so striking. The bow is stunning, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A truly lovely card Patricia and I'm sure it will be loved by the recipient. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunner Patricia and what a glorious bow!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Afternoon Patricia, So glad your catch-up with Hazel went well and you got lots of chatting done haha.
    Your card is really gorgeous, the recipient will adore it !! The quadruple bow is stunning.
    I'm with you on the dark mornings and dark evenings, I hate them too, I am definitely a 'long day' girlie !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patricia how can she not like that card it's beautiful. Love the dark background behind the die and your ribbon bow is fab.
    I know what you mean about dark mornings, it was very dark today when I was up at 5! Boo.

    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, that background is amazing! And I wouldn't worry too much, how could anyone NOT like this beautiful card of yours Patricia! It's sheer elegance! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia, a beautiful card - love the use of the die: I'm the same, don't cope well with dark mornings and nights at all...we get up at 5.30 on work days and then it'll soon be dark when we come home...horrible! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is stunning Patricia, your design is so beautiful and elegant.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very elegant card Patricia, love the big bow and the die. I'm getting ready to go into hibernation too! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning and so elegant. Love it.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Patricia
    Such a beautiful card really elegant and the bow gives it a true touch of luxury and no mistake.
    I know just what you mean about dark mornings and nights but the thing I hate most is the cold that comes with them, it is an early warning as far as I am concerned that winter is on its way. When winter arrives I disappear inside to keep warm and don't come out until spring if at all possible. We may have lovely scenery but the extra cold we get is payment indeed.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi Patricia, lovely card, that background is beautiful..never used mine!!!. your gorgeous bow really finish`s the card design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a stunning card, love it.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh such a beautiful card Patricia ,i just love it !.
    I hate the dark mornings and evenings too , i don't feel we have had long light evenings this year somehow .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia what a gorgeous card. Love how you framed the beautiful butterfly pattern!
    Have a wonderful day, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sorry to be so late to the party! Love your beautiful card...great die cut pattern and I love that pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Patricia,

    stunning card, love it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a gorgeous card. The black and white colour scheme is so striking and I love background! The quadruple bow looks so beautiful too.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete