Tuesday, 23 September 2014

"I Love Buttons"

Hello Blog friends, followers and anyone who just happens to land here. I love to have you visit, if you like what you see please try to pop back another time.
For all who need a (((((HUGS)))) here are a few.  I know there are quite a few out there that are in need of your Thoughts & Prayers please try to remember them.
I am so sorry I have been missing, I have not managed to comment on all the Blogs I normally do, I will get back in stride A.S.A.P   So,busy, busy here over the past two weeks.    The house at the moment looks like a cross between a Card Shop & a Florist........I love it.   All the Birthday Cards are relegated to the Dining Room, there are so many beautiful ones I just cant put them away.  The Golden Wedding ones are spread between the Hall & Lounge.   Looks kinda! like Christmas seeing all the cards. We have had some really wonderful gifts.  As most of you know we don`t have a big family, plus John and I are not people for Big Celebrations.  We are having a Celebration Event in a few weeks which I am keeping under wraps till after it happens.   I will hopefully have some pictures to show you.  We had a lovely meal with John, Audrey and the boys on Friday which was really nice.  Since then it has been busy with people popping in.
Saturday, Hazel and I met Rita  http://rmgcreations.blogspot.co.uk/  in Glasgow. We had a great day just sitting chatting, finding out about each other.  We had never actually met before but it was like we had known each other for ever.   Rita even told me how to "link" to other peoples Blogs, I hope it works.........LOL!!!  I am pretty hopeless with the computer. 
Just waved goodbye to my friend Pearl.  I stopped typing when I heard her car coming in the drive.  More flowers plus a potted plant and cards.
My card today was made using  "buttons" I have 2 Old Fashioned Sweet Jars filled with buttons.  I love to pop my hand in and roll the buttons about.



Base card 5 x 7 approx
Pink card SB scallop Die for the edge
Page from an old Turkish Dictionary  (better on the card, it was never any use when trying to learn the language)
White card lightly distressed 
SB Heart covered in buttons from one of the Jars
Ribbon and charm from my stash
Computer Generated greeting

The Pendant is one I made to go with a dress I have bought for Elaine`s Daughters wedding in November.  

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling by I really appreciate that you take time to do that
Till next time

Patricia xxx


33 comments:

  1. Love your button heart Patricia...such a lovely way to show off your buttons

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia, I so love your pendants, just beautiful and a fab matching cards. A girl can never have too many buttons and I love how you've embellished the heart to match the pendant. Great job!
    It sounds as if you've had a busy couple of weeks and it's always nice to put a face to a blog.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Patricia, my word what a gorgeous card. I love buttons too, but I never thought they would look this good on a card. We certainly did have a great day on Saturday. Enjoy your Evening. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia what a lovely card! I love buttons too and you have made a great card with yours. So glad you had a fab time on Saturday congrats on your Golden Wedding xxxxxxx lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia Such a novel idea using buttons really lovely card, and such a beautiful pendant too.
    Delighted you had a lovely day on Friday doing what you like best with those closest to you what could be better!
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your button card Patricia, great design. Sounds like you all had a great time on Saturday. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Patricia, love the way you've used the buttons. The pendant is beautiful too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Love this one Patricia, I too love buttons, but I forget I've got them, memo to self, use buttons.
    You've made a beautiful heart with the buttons and you whole design is just gorgeous.

    So Pleased you've been enjoying your celebrations with your family, and looks like there's more to come, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous Patricia. I love the way you have arranged the buttons and the colours are so pretty.
    Your pendant is stunning too.
    I am pleased you have had a nice time celebrating.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. See you did a "Gillian" and made your pendant to go with your beautiful dress??? I think that daughter of mine has one for nearly ever out fit she owns. Love your card with it's button heart. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Was so pleased when I had read (I think on Rita's post) that the 3 of you had a chance to meet & get to know each other. What fun, and weren't you all just blessed to be able to enjoy that time. I'm so loving your card with the buttons. I enjoy seeing buttons used on cards, but I think this is one of the best designs I've seen in a while having such a pretty design. Glad that you got to enjoy a special time with your family on your milestone day. I certainly got a kick out of seeing the pictures from long ago. Treasured memories, and your family will enjoy them many years from now too. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops, I was so entranced with the button card, I missed the lovely pendant, until I saw mention in Hazel's comment. That is just gorgeous and looks so extremely elegant. What a talent you have. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely button card Patricia, great way to use them in a heart shape, love the colours and layout,..
    your pendant is beautiful, love the colours.
    glad you enjoyed your day..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card looks fab Patricia.

    Congrats on your anniversary too, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. belated birthday wishes and congrats on your wedding anniversary too Patricia - I love your card too - its been too long since I got here and I want to thank you for your continued support - Shaun woke today - he knew me and his mum and was able to squeeze my hand too - I know we have a long battle ahead but I am just so pleased! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to hear you had a great get together with Rita and Hazel. Always love what you do with buttons and this is a fab card. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card and lovely idea to make a heart of buttons - luv it xx luvin the pendant too and I'm lucky enough to possess one which I adore and know when I wear it I won't see anyone else wearing the same xx sounds like you had a fab girly day - isn't it great when you meet up with someone and you just click even though you have never met before - special xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the button arrangement Patricia and that pendant is beautiful...you clever thing you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Patricia, and many congratulations to you & John on your Golden Wedding Anniversary, what an achievement. Love the arrangement of the buttons and the pendant is gorgeous too...

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Patricia what a lovely card. You have done really well to fill the shape exactly with the buttons, must have taken ages! Hope you enjoy your celebrations, look forward to seeing the pictures. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Patricia,
    Sounds like you have had a wonderful celebration for your golden wedding. Love you card, very clever use of buttons.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Patricia, this is a brilliant button card once again with stunning colour combo and love the added beauties.xxThe Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  23. Morning Patricia, I love what you have done here, the button heart looks fabulous. Your pendant looks stunning !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I seem to have missed so much over the last few weeks what with your birthday and anniversary, congratulations on both events, love your wedding photos. I hope soon to pick up the threads on this blogging site as I feel I am missing out on so much but life gets in the way sometimes. Take care

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia,
    what a super card. Love you super design too.
    I had an idea to do this a while back, and then forgot about, but you have made a really grand job of it.
    I keep my buttons in and old sweet tin.
    Love your super colour pendant and it goes with the card colours too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, love all the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't have so many buttons but I do love them too. I love how you used them on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia! Your button heart is so sweet. Reminds me of my Grandmother's button box which I now have. So glad your Anniversary was celebrated with style. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Greetings Patricia, what a wonderful button design love the idea. What a wonderful Anniversary you had and fun memories.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  30. First of all thanks for the hugs, Patricia, I could really do with them, had such a heavy migraine today, and still we had to work, argh! Your button heart card truly is adorable! And your pendant is truly gorgeous!! Totally unique!! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Patricia
    Now you know I'm not a button fan but I do like what you have done with them here. So pretty in the heart shape.
    I bet its lovely at the ranch with all the floral sights and scents. Enjoy every minute.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love how you have used your buttons Patricia. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely stunning! What a fantastic design with those gorgeous buttons - I love it!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete