Thursday, 25 September 2014

"Latest Project"

Hello Blog friends, followers and poppers by.  Great to have you here, hope you like what you see and call again soon.
Thank you so much for all your wonderful Best Wishes on our Golden Wedding we appreciate each and every one.  John does not bother about my Blog, although he takes an interest in what goes on when I tell him things.  He was quite amazed at all the comments from people we really do not know.  However I did keep him right...........I do know these people and they are all wonderful.  MEN!!! they don`t get this Crafty Blogging thing do they??
Any way a wee bit slowing down round here, thank goodness.  It has been a very nice busy time though.
I have been working away on a project.  I am a knitter/sewer rather than a crocheter, I can do the very basic crochet but that`s my limit.  However always willing to have a go at most things I decided to try a bit more advanced crochet.  I say advance but really it it just "chain stitch" and how you put them into the design.  I found a Tutorial on YouTube which was very easy to follow.  There is also a web page http://www.meladorascreations.com/  with another link to YouTube.  There is a written pattern and easy to follow pictures.   I know there are a few mistakes, this was a "learning thing".  I have bought some beautiful Alpaca Wool/Silk yarn for my next one.   I intend to make a few of these as Christmas Gifts for a couple of special friends.  
Anyway here it is:-


For all you experts out there please don`t Zoom in too far 
I bought my new stash of Wool from http://www.loveknitting.com/ what a fantastic company to deal with.  Order in before 10am and delivered in a beautiful Organza Bag wrapped in Pink tissue and a Pink Heart Seal the very next day. 
That`s it for today
Thank you for your visit I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx

Had a comment saying they could not get "Love Knitting"  ....  think I have fixed it
I am hopeless on the computer, however Rita gave me a few hints & tips on Saturday.  I hope I have not let her down!!!!!

25 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Patricia!! Easy, you said...it looks really complicated!! I am still finding my way with crochet and thank goodness for You Tube and the stitch along sessions!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Patricia,
    Very pretty, and yes lovely gifts.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Patricia ,this is just gorgeous , i would love to be able to make this ,as Sarah has just said it does look really complicated , { i can make a chain stitch but not much more and no way can i follow a pattern ,} i will look on You tube though as i never thought of this and thank you for the link .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia ,The link will not work for me but i will look on You Tube , i will let you know how i go on .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Patricia. I love the delicate design and gorgeous colour.
    I love crocheting but don't have so much time for it these days which is a shame. You have really inspired me to find my hooks, hopefully I can remember what to do!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful piece! I did a similar wrap for my Grandmother long ago. I still have that somewhere and must find it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning design, love this delicate crocheting and the amazing colour..xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you woman of many talents, this is gorgeous Patricia, and it does'nt simple at all. I'm really wanting to learn how to crochet as It's such a portable hobby. Alpaca yarn is so cosy, much more so than sheep yarn, will look forward to you next creation.
    Off to work now and cooking, ugh!!! hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Patricia...think I need to unearth my crochet hooks again! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patricia this is so very beautiful you really are clever this does look a really good idea for Christmas presents but not for the corgis! Thank you so much for the links they worked perfectly!
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia, this is gorgeous, such a pretty pattern and so versatile, your friends will love these I am sure especially if you are using Alpaca wool & silk yarn. Beautiful.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Afternoon Patricia. Your shawl is beautiful, and I love it. The colour is stunning. Well Done. You'll love the alpaca and silk, I am knitting with this at the moment. Link is working fine. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi again Patricia, i can now use the link , thank you.... so just off to have a nosy . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful crochet shawl Patricia. What I love about crochet is that it is easy to pull back if you make a mistake lol! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't sell yourself short Patricia this shawl is lovely and such a pretty colour. Congratulations to you and John on your 50th.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia, This shawl is stunning !! I just wish that I could do a 'chain' haha let alone this beautiful pattern. I know that the recipients will love your gifts. I will be following your links and also having a look on Youtube for some help in learning how to crochet (one of these days haha).
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well to,say you are not a crocheter I think you have done s pretty darned good job xx like you I'm a knitter and a sewer of sorts but never mastered crochet - thanks for the links xx your wool package sounds fab - makes you want to repeat business with companies like that - good for them xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Evening Patricia this is beautiful love the pattern and the colour is a colour that I would go for. I can crochet but I can't follow a pattern to save my life. On the other hand I can knit anything and I can read knitting patterns. Well done xx

    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia and a good guess from you. Well done I'm impressed that you and your sister were on the money.
    I love your shawl too, it's a fab colour and will make a super present for the winter months.

    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful shawl Patricia, lovely colour and pattern..
    Beyond me as I cannot crochet..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks gorgeous. I do enjoy crocheting but it does make my fingers ache. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Whoa Patricia! That really does look fabulous! Bet you look extremely pretty wearing this, such a lovely colour! You are just so clever and very creative, multitalented, that's what you are! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patricia
    Wow, wow, wow, how fab does this look. I could never attempt anything like this; its beautiful.
    You're getting the hang of this linking mularky now lol!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful! You are such a multi-talented crafter. This will make a very special gift!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally love this Patricia, the colour is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete