Sunday, 7 September 2014

"More little Christmas Cards"


Hello Blog friends, followers plus anyone who happens to land here by "clicking" from other Blogs.  I love to trawl and "click"  to see what others do.   It is amazing which person/country you can visit and guess what  .....  does not cost you a single penny!!!
I have had visits from new people this week these are ones I have managed to visit they have some great work to look at.  Joe  ... http://mycraftingcorner-jo.blogspot.co.uk/    
Jules  ...  http://julescard.blogspot.co.uk/  and Margaret  ...  http://emspaperdaze.blogspot.co.uk/
Some who have visited and left lovely comments don`t have a Blog, thank you anyway I really love to have you visit.
For all my new friends/followers I would like to point out that although we call home "The Ranch" we don`t have horses or any other animals.  It is really just a house in the country surrounded by fields.  We are a very small close "family unit" we have one son also John, his wife Audrey and the boys Thomas 10 Robert 7.  They live approx 7 miles along the road in a very similar situation, they call their house "The Homestead"    When we arrange outings we use these terms as to where we will start off from or where we end up.  Some times it is "The Ranch" others it`s "The Homestead"   Might sound complicated but it works for us. 
I have been working on bits for Tuesday`s Card Class.  We had a disaster trying to Die Cut things at the class last time.  For this week they have all been done by me, here at the house.  Will not go down that road again.  I have decided that even though Elaine`s Dies were not cutting properly some of it was down to the Card Stock she was using.   I feel Dies are being churned out so fast, by the time the machine gets to the end of a run the cutting on the Dies is just not quite as sharp as the ones from the start.  
Anyway:- 
Here are a few more Little Christmas Cards I have been making.  These are all for my box, its coming along nicely.  I really only have the "specials" and a few for my neighbours still to make. They all still have to get their inserts put in.  That a job for a rainy day me thinks!!!!

All bases cut from A3 PMD card stock
Penny Black Stamp for the forest scene
The Robin is from one of the new LOTV Chrsitmas Art Pads
I was a wee bit disappointed in these LOTV are promoting them as XL images  .....  what they do not tell you is that there are 2 images per page.  The pages are the same size as the old pads.  The old pads have 1 image with lots of white surrounding it which means they are great to Die Cut.
Oh! Patricia enough moaning.......LOL!!!

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for calling by, for all your lovely comments, I really appreciate them
Till Next time
 Hugs

Patricia   xxx



 

27 comments:

  1. hi Patricia, wish I could talk as you do on my blog..you always have a lovely tale to tell.. I only think of the weather..boring or what!!..
    you are making a lovely start on your Christmas cards, these look really classy..
    pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas cards Patricia...I must make a start on mine...I call my home the ranch....when my girls are visiting they always call and say will be at the ranch soon...How funny is that...it's a small world indeed... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patricia, lovely set of cards, the images look great and flat so postage is mimimal.
    How sneaky of LOTV, big hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patricia
    What a great little stash you have got here ready to go and all lovely.
    You moan as much as you like gal. Get it off your chest; better out than in as they say lol!
    At least The Ranch and The Homestead sound a bit more refined thanThe Pond hahaha!
    Have a great week chuck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely array of cards Patricia. Hope your ladies appreciate all that you do for them. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia,
    now Rita has taken my saying so I will have to think of something else to say.
    Fabulous collection of lovely C cards.
    As Rita says I do hope they appreciate your time put into all your preparation for your classes, you must have infinite patience.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia

    I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

    Lots of lovely Christmas cards for your box.

    I had plenty in my box but they are already starting to disappear courtesy of customers who are organised about Christmas .. .. seems early but it is probably because I ran out last year with no time to make more!

    Love the sound of the Ranch and Homestead!

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. your cards are always so amazing...............

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely selection of Christmas cards Patricia...I should take a leaf out if your book and make a start on my cards...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely selection of cards Patricia, I love the images and beautiful designs.
    I think quite a few people have been a bit disappointed with the new LOTV art pads which is a shame as they really are beautiful images.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards Patricia and I was a bit disappointed too with the new art pads and I love the names 'Ranch' and 'Homestead':) huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely selection of Christmas cards Patricia...I now do my inserts with the cards as I used to hate doing them all at once! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards - I especially love the Penny Black Forest scene ones - they are so different and you are so organised - although I have made a few myself already this year which is a first but that is due to buying the LOTV pads which made it easier for me but I agree with you that two images on the same size pad is not very good and I would struggle with that as I like to die-cut them - not a good move from them really - anyway still love the card you made with the image xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    Love this set of cards. I have trouble trying to make 2 cards the same.
    Thanks for joining me, we couldn't be further apart with you in Scotland and me down here in Tasmania. the nearest I have been to you is a little place called Kirkholm on the west coast of Scotland.
    In fact today is the 50 anniversary of our arrival in Tasmania, Boy where have those years gone!!
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful, Patricia!! I guess I really should get started on
    mine soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL Patricia, especially when I enlarged them they all had a lovely sparkle from your glitter.xxx

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these cards Patricia, I have that stamp somewhere so shall take inspiration from your fab designs and drag it out!! Several people have made the same comment about the new LOTV art pads, such a shame as the images look lovely but little point if they are so small. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards especially the Robin one.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely selection of Christmas cards Patricia...enlarged them and had a good look! Love the monochrome and the robin is so cute...nice touch of sparkle too, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning Patricia,
    Thank for the info on the art pads I had looked at them and was going to buy, now I won't bother.
    Lovely selection of cards, love the winter scene.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning Patricia, Wow !! I take my hat off to you, I don't even want to think about the 'C' word haha, I will be rushing at the last minute in December as usual !! I vowed when 2014 came in, that I would make a couple each month, here we are in month 9 and not a one made hahaha !! I really love the forest scene stamp, and your samples here look stunning.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Patricia
    Such beautiful cards ,the robin is my fav too ...
    I have another dozen or so flat cards to make for posting , and then my family specials that i box and give with the present by hand .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous selection of cards Patricia. Love the designs and images.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely set of cards Patricia - i like doing my cards before the last minute too - so much less stress. Lol1

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just love reindeer, they're so cute and yours are beautifully silhouetted Patricia, very stylish, elegant cards! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautiful set of Christmas cards, your collection must be really building up now!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete