Saturday, 13 September 2014

"Thank you"

Hello Blog friends, followers and poppers by.  Welcome to my wee corner of Blogland.  Thank you for calling in, if you like what you see please call again soon.  If you leave a comment and have an active Blog I can pop to see what you do and return the compliment.
Thank You for all your Happy Birthday wishes I really appreciated them all.
I had a great day, met with Hazel in Broughty Ferry (outskirts of Dundee to the North)  had lots of Tea & Chat.   For my birthday from Hazel I got one of these Art Bins to store Dies plus a whole load of extra sheets.  I have sorted out some of my original Dies but have run out of sheets and that bin is almost full.  I am going to buy another one.  When I started using Dies I took them out of the packets, placed them on a piece of magnetic sheet and popped them in Poly Packets I got from LOTV.   No names on them or anything, that was long before I started my Blog.  Suited my needs then, however things change.  I now store my newer Dies in their original packaging in a set of drawers.
Birthday tea here with J, A and the boys was great fun.  Grandpa and the boys went off on their bikes.  It was getting near to 8pm and I could see John Jnr looking out the window.  Told him that they would not be long.  I said  "bet they are waiting till they can use their lights"   Grandpa had fitted lights to boys bikes, I knew they would want to try them out.  For safety reasons they have always been home before it gets dark.  Grandpa is very protective, does not like them out if it is getting dark.   However sometimes it comes dark so quickly.  They are getting older, go further, there is a chance that they could be held up. That`s exactly what it was, they were delighted to have been able to use the lights. 
My card today was a quick make from the "Bit Box".  Some pretty bits making a card to say "thank you"

Base card 5 x 7 PMD card
Pink card
Bits and pieces of Tilda Card.  Centre piece, folder inked and card embossed
My sewing machine that is not too keen on sewing paper/card
Roses and Die cut leaves from my Die Cuts Bit Box
MeiFlower Organza Ribbon
Lace from my stash
Hand written Thank You

That`s it for today 
Thank you again for all your good wishes and your visit.  I really appreciate that you take time to call in
Till next time

Patricia   xxx


30 comments:

  1. So sorry I missed your birthday Patricia!!! I hope you had a wonderful day with your favourite men (sounds like you enjoyed the shopping too :) and were thoroughly spoiled. I can't quite believe how quickly it's now getting dark so those lights on the boys bikes are a very sensible option. Well done grandad! Love your card as ever and hope you have a wonderful weekend. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday Wishes Patricia. So very upset that I forgot. Glad you had a great time with Hazel and then the rest of the family later. Beautiful card. This one will be treasured. Hugs Rita xxx. Looking forward to our meet next Saturday. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card as always Patricia and a Happy belated Birthday to you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day Patricia. Your card is so pretty, love your patchwork background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! Really like your hand printing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love the pink and that flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 'bit' card is gorgeous Patricia pretty papers and of course your beautiful flower

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday for yesterday.

    Another really pretty card and gorgeous colours, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a good day Patricia. Love your pretty pink thank you card, such pretty papers and, if course, a wonderful floral arrangement xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Birthday Wishes Patricia, sorry I missed it!!! Great card, love the design and a great use of all the 'bits'.

    Thank you for your comment it made me laugh, perhaps we will book with you next year lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUSLY BEAUTIFUL. LOVE IT... love the flower and papers..
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty card Patricia. I love the papers and gorgeous flowers and lace.
    Belated 'Happy Birthday' wishes to you too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Patricia and so pleased you had a lovely time. I did exactly the same with you with my dies took them out of the packages and stuck them on A4 magnetic sheets on chipboard in a filing cabinet. Now I keep all my spellbinders in the packages in a draw (Full) smaller ones in a CD storage box in vinyl CD holders and then another draw full!!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Patricia,
    so glad you had a good day yesterday.
    Love this super card.
    Guess what I got the wrong date on my Anniversary card, and had to take it off quick.
    Oh my I am getting old when I get things totally wrong. lol.
    Now about your grandsons bikes, last year I bought my 2 grandchildren these lovely lights in John Lewis, they are fitted to the spokes of the bikes so if they are in the dark you can see them easily. Would be great for out in the country roads where you are.
    They were not too expensive either.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am pleased you had a good Birthday Patricia. Your family sounds so lovely!
    Your card is gorgeous, I love the pretty design with those beautiful papers and stunning flowers.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all I wish you a very Happy Birthday xx sorry I didn't realise and glad you have had a lovely day xx wow the card is gorgeous and as always you manage to make the most beautiful cards from 'bits' xx enjoy the rest of your weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Patricia, I am so pleased you had a fabulous birthday, your card is gorgeous...very pretty! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Patricia
    Glad you had a lovely day yesterday.
    Very pretty in pink. Love the stitching but if you let me loose with a sewing machine, it wouldn't look like this lol!
    I used to store my dies in their packets but got fed up scratching my hands on the plastic getting them out.
    They are now on magnetic sheets in a large photo album. Will stick a pic on next week.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patricia, So glad you had a lovely catch up yesterday, and what a fabulous pressie Hazel gave you.
    Your card is fabulous, gorgeous paper piecing and stitching works perfectly, as always your flowers are fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Patricia, so pleased you had such a lovely birthday and time with Hazel and your family.
    Another lovely card from you, great selection pf papers and super design, as usual blomms are gorgeous, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated birthday wishes Patricia! Your card looks anything but quick - this would take me a whole day - it is just gorgeous! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi Patricia, glad you enjoyed your birthday outing.
    beautiful card, love the pretty papers and your beautiful flowers.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you had a nice birthday.

    Lovely card especially as you say its from the bits box-wish I could produce something that nice.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Morning Patricia,
    Pleased to hear you had a good birthday. Love you bit box card very pretty.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card Patricia. A very belated Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How lovely to hear you had such a wonderful day Patricia! Your Thank You card looks so sweet, love how you combined your papers, absolutely lovely! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oops sorry I missed your birthday belated good wishes to you!
    Love todays card you have shown us just what can be done with not too much effort, really beautiful. I do hope you keep your old sewing machine needles for sewing on paper, have you ever tried using a twin needle or a wing needle? Great effects.
    Hugs and an extra one for your birthday.
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  28. You've obviously got a much better bits box than me, love your card and I always admire anyone who uses up scraps....I just create them!
    Happy crafting Patricia.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful card to say you used your bits box. I'm going to have to try and use some of my bits cos my box is over flowing. Sorry I mist your birthday. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad you had a lovely birthday! Your card is gorgeous, I love the layout and pretty bow.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete