Wednesday, 5 November 2014

"Another little batch"

Hello Blog friends, followers and anyone who finds themselves here because the pressed the wrong button!!!  Welcome, I really love having you here, it brightens my day.
Talking of day it is a beautiful one here at the moment, very cold with a bit of frost this morning.  Off to get my hair trimmed, in preparation for our trip to Birmingham.  Got to do something to make myself look presentable.  Look like I have had a bad fright or stuck my finger in the electric socket at this point in time.
Bag packed for our trip to Birmingham, not a lot in it, I am leaving plenty space for goodies.  Meeting Hazel in Perth tomorrow morning, we will wait for Kate coming down from Inverness.  On to Inverkeithing to leave the car, board the Airport Bus for Edinburgh Airport and on to Birmingham.  We are meeting up with Ang (Mrs Duck) her friend Nesta and Christine (Christine`s cards & Gifts) for dinner on Thursday.  Last year was loads of fun and it was our very first meet up.  This time we know one another a bit better, I think it will be a lot more fun and noise........!!!
I did a Card Class yesterday, they all behaved and made the projects I had prepared.   I did not realise when I agreed to do these classes the amount of work involved.  Next class is in 2 weeks and I have had to start getting things ready for that.  However I did manage an afternoon "playing" and made another batch of flat cards for the cheaper postage rate.  That`s me almost finished with all our posting cards.  They are very simple  .....  we know where do they all end up after the event.
Here are yesterday`s makes:-


Base cards are A4 white card stock from the Papeterie Aberdeen
I scored and cut them to give me some Tent style cards and long A6 if you know what I mean
LOTV Images from their Art Pads.  I was really disappointed in them when they arrived.  They promote them as XL but they are just the same size as they normally produce.  Have 2 images per each sheet where normally there is 1 image per sheet
Anyway I matted each image and placed them on my card base.  The little stamp I got along with a tree when I was in Glasgow just finishes them off

That`s it from me for today
Thank you so much for stopping by I really appreciate that
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia xxx


27 comments:

  1. Good morning Patricia
    You really have been very busy getting all your posting cards done and they look really lovely well done.
    I agree wholeheartedly with what you say about LOTV extra large art pads they are in fact when cut smaller images than usual, I felt rather cheated when mine arrived. However have you seen the stepper card die that JDG Crafts have it really saves on all the measuring and cutting, it even has the dies included to cut the infill sections if you want them, and when complete folds flat for posting. The portrait pictures from the LOTV art pads fit the centre of the stepper card perfectly You can see a completed stepper card on www.pam-simcrafts.blogspot.co.uk it has candles for the centre.
    Have a safe journey and a super time at Birmingham I shall give you a wave as you fly over the Lake District! Looking forward to hearing all about the trip on your return.
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous selection of cards, I love the images.
    I hope you have a wonderful time, I am sure you will!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia these are just stunning...love your collection xxx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Patricia you have certainly found your Mojo, beautiful cards you have made , Have a good time with Mrs Duck & co .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS cards Patricia. Enjoy your jaunt to Birmingham! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia I hope you and the girls have a fabulous time in Birmingham, going green around the gills as we speak!
    Mind you if you saw how much crafting stash I already have you would say, "girl have you not got enough already!"
    I think your cards are fab but it is not nice when you buy something over the net and it's not how you expected. I'm sure the recipients will love them.
    As for card classes, I feel your pain. Lots of work in the background especial when folk don't turn up.

    Happy travels, look forwards to seeing your shiny new stash!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Afternoon Patricia, Wow !! you have been a busy girlie !! Lovely, lovely cards.
    Enjoy your trip to the NEC, and I hope you all have a fun time. Safe journey.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Patricia. Enjoy your trip to the NEC. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Patricia...I am having such problems even getting started with my batch cards for Christmas! Enjoy yourselves at the NEC! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time...watch out Birmingham by the sounds of it!! Another great batch of cards and you aren't the first to have made that comment about the LOTV pads. Still lovely images though and super cards as a result xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful set of cards Patricia.

    Have a great weekend at the NEC, great that you are all meeting up, you never know one day I may join you lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your trip to Birmingham what a great time that sounds. Know what you mean about preparing for card classes there is a lot of work to do.
    Love the end result those cards are fab.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia
    Well thank goodness you've had a trim. Don't want folk pointing at you again in the Harvester lol!
    Stop being so organised with these beautiful cards. You're putting me to shame!
    It will be wonderful to see you all again.
    Safe travels.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been busy again Patricia, these images don't really need anything else. Enjoy your trip away...and fill that case lol. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you Patricia. I love all those pretty cards. I hope you enjoy yourself at the NEC and the lovely company you will have for your meal tomorrow night. Safe Journey. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. More wonderful cards, I forgot I had some of those images. I will have to look them out. Looks like you are back on track big sis. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Patricia, love your cards, these LOTV images are gorgeous and I like the simplicity of them.
    Just last mimute things to be packed. I didn't know Nesta was coming, wonderful, it will be lovely to met her, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - you are so organised - lovely cards and perfect for posting xx have a fantastic time in Birmingham - I was thinking about coming but it is actually my birthday tomorrow and the OH and kids are taking me out for s meal and I'm working on Friday so not to be this year but who knows, maybe next year xx safe trip and can't wait to hear your stories xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous batch of cards Patricia.. Have a fun filled time at the NEC & enjoy the time with your bog buddies....Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another fabulous batch of cards Patricia, I`m fed up doing 21st for my Granddaughter, projects have taken a week, finished the last today, cannot blog any till after the 11th..
    Have a fantastic time at NEC..wish I were going..
    pam x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Patricia! These are lovely cards!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are just gorgeous. Such elegance and tastefully done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards Patricia, very elegant. Well done for getting so many done! Enjoy your trip to Birmingham, have fun and will look forward to seeing what goodies you buy!x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous series of cards Patricia, even though you might have been a tad disappointed I'm definitely not, lol! How was Birmingham today, still having fun! Enjoy! Hugs, Ira xoxIra’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Patricia,
    fab array of cards, they look very lovely, and I love those fab images.
    Hope you enjoy the NEC.
    I expect your are about to have your meal, and get up to all the shenanigans and laughter of last year.
    Hope you snapped up some great bargains.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cards, you are certainly on a roll and putting the rest of us to shame! Hope you have a fantastic time in Birmingham.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete