Monday, 10 November 2014

"NEC goodies & a make"

Hello Blog friends, followers and any poppers by. Welcome to my we corner of Blogland I love to have you here.  I do hope you are all well this Monday morning, the start to yet another week.
I think that`s me back down to earth after a fantastic weekend at the NEC.  Met Kate off the Inverness bus on Thursday 11.45ish.  Into Hazel`s car and off to Inverkeithing where we left it and boarded the bus for Edinburgh Airport.  Something to eat then on the plane to Birmingham, rather a rocky flight due to the wind and rain outside.  Arrived at the hotel, quick turn around then of for the "fun" part  ...  meeting up with Ang (Mrs Duck) Christine and Ang`s lovely friend Nesta.  A great night, lots of chat, laughter and food.  It ended all too quickly though.  Christine had a fair journey home and the weather was not good.  Ang was taking her fried home but managed to accommodate us as well, back to the hotel.  OMG!! picture the scene ... me at 5`9" trying to get my long legs out of the back of a 2 door car.  Oh! I got in OK but getting out was an absolute hoot!!!.  Made worse by the fact I could hardly do anything for laughing and the others were no help for doing the same!!!!
Next morning we were up and off:-
I met up with the fantastic Jenny  http://pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.co.uk/
I have followed Jenny`s Blog for quite a while, and was delighted when she mentioned a meet up.  What she does is way different to what I do but every one of her projects is a "Work of  Art" I love it.  I got a beautiful card from Jenny,  I know I will be able to do  a take on it. I will show you Jenny`s card in another post.
Margaret Corgi Owner:- Don`t know what Washing Powder you use but we certainly saw that "sparkling" white Tea Towel you waved as we passed over your house!!!!
 Here is my "haul" not a lot as we were restricted to Cabin Baggage:- 

First part of the shopping

Second part

All that`s left from the bag fantastic homemade goodies  ... a gift from Ang:-

A make with my new Lavinia Stamp:-

I needed a quick Birthday Card and that`s it
Base card approx 5 x 7 white card stock from the Papaterie Aberdeen
Blue card from the same place
More of the White Card
Stencil cut from card using a SB classic circle Die
Inked through with Faded Jeans and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks
My lovely new Lavinia Stamp.  Stamped in black and coloured using the background inks plus brown for round the door & window
Happy Birthday stamp ... magazine feebee

That`s it for today, off to get the house done
Thank you so much for calling in I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia xxx



30 comments:

  1. Morning Patricia,
    Sounds like you had a fun time, can just picture you getting out of the car. Great haul of goodies. Love you card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a fun time! I can just imagine the laughter as you were getting out of the car. Been there myself although I'm not as tall as you. Love your card and that stamp is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Patricia. I am so glad you had a great time at the NEC. I kept thinking of you all . Love your haul of goodies and look forward to seeing some of your makes. Hugs Rita xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goodies on show here Patricia. We had a great time on Thursday - but the time went so quickly! Nasty drive home in that horrid weather and then my motorway junction was closed due to roadworks. Thank goodness for my friend Susie! (Susie Satnav that is, not Planet Susie!) Hugs Christine xx
    Oops, forgot to comment on your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds as though you had a blast Patricia. I was there on Thursday and I know I didn't get to see it all. :) Great buys though we are in the same boat - can't bring too much home as we are restricted to cabin luggage too. x Edna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you had a good time Patricia and looks like you managed to squeeze some goodies into your baggage!! Fabulous card I love the Lavinia images. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun was had Patricia, and some lovely new goodies too. Love your card, fab stamp and great inking. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card with the distress inking and stamping. Sounds like a wonderful time with friends. Oh, and the stash looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who's not so good at stamping and colouring!!!!!!! This is so pretty Patricia, love the image and your colouring and blending is brilliant. Looking forward to seeing more stamping and get those pencils out.
    Have a super day, we have fog, frost,and really cold. Alistair cycled down into town to get the 5.20 bus to FT. William this morning to go up Ben Nevis, I had no idea the state of the weather till I got up. He is really not wise sometime, but it's a day to my self, yea... Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big sis you were saying that Kate's lot looked more than what was on my bed, but yours is the same, did it grow on the flight home??! I will get round to showing mine, was showing new housekeeper the ropes. Poor women she will have a mental breakdown with what she was faced with today. Love your card, that a beautiful stamp. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings Patricia, sounds like you had a wonderful time. What fun goodies you have gotten and love the card design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patricia
    Did think, how restrained you were just seeing the first photo. . . . . .then realised there was more. Glad you enjoyed the sweeties. Shall email the recipe.
    We did have a wonderful evening and it was hilarious watching someone with legs the length of a giraffe trying to get out of the back of my Grande Punto. . . . . .Just waiting for my cheque from You've Been Framed, hahaha!
    For someone who doesn't stamp or colour, how did you create such a fantastic card then missy?
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Patricia, your card is fabulous, love that stamp, so, so pretty and the colouring is wonderful.

    Glad you enjoyed yourselves, I can imagine the scene very well but only because its identical to one I have had many times, though I am only 5'3' lol!

    Will look forward to future post of your creations from your goodies.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx

    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had great fun Patricia!! What a gorgeous card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! sounds like a Fabulous time was had by all Patricia.
    love all the goodies, have fun with them.
    Love the card too.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds as though you all had a fabulous time... Love the goodies & the card is so Beautiful.... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had such a good time. Fantastic card. I love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card and lovely colouring - luv it xx the stash looks interesting and you will love the sparkle medium - only purchased some a few months ago an been making backgrounds using stencils - think you will be pleased with it xx now I think you had my portion on the leg stakes being as I am only 5'2" (no I don't have eyes of blue) glad you had a fun time and catch up xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi Patricia, glad you had a great time at the show, bet it went to quick for you.
    Beautiful card with your new stamp.
    great lot of goodies for you to play with.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful time was had Patricia by the sound of things - I'm so glad - looks like a good stash too! And I adore your make! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delighted to know you all had a good time Patricia, your goodies look fantastic and your card is divine love the colouring just perfect.
    I would have given good money to see you getting out of the car!
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  22. So good to finally meet up with you Patricia! It made the day so special. I must say you were very restrained with your shopping and look forward to seeing what you create with it. LOVE that you've reached for those inks with your beautiful card too. Have a great week. Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card & nice to see what you bought at the NEC. Glad you enjoyed the show, sounds like you all had fun.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad you had a great time at the NEC, I've been reading about it on Hazel and Christine's blogs too...a nice lot of goodies you have here and what a gorgeous card with your new Lavinia stamps, which I am such a fan of! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning Patricia, So glad you all had a fantastic time at the NEC, and lovely goodies to take home too.
    Your birthday card is fabulous, Lavinia Stamps are my most favourite of all time and I have 'loads' of them, and I could watch Tracey demonstrate all day. You have certainly done beautiful justice to the stamp, it is very ethereal and magical, and I love that !!
    I bet John is glad to have you back.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous creation, Patricia, love the colours and papers used...and just LOVE your goodies.xx
    aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds wonderful. You met up with some lovely friends into the bargain. A beautiful card. I still have your gorgeous plaque on show that you sent me a few years ago, I love it. I've been meaning to ask the name of the die you used for the trellis background on it. Can you remember? Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia! Your card is gorgeous! I love that stamp. So glad you had such a good timewith your friends. Certainly makes craft shopping much more fun. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Patricia, I am laughing at you getting out the back of the car, I have the same problem here too, the boys always beat me to sit in the front and then have to shoehorn me out of the back!
    Great selection of stash there, mmm what will you be making with all that?! I look forwards to seeing.
    Thanks for the heads up about the yarn, I will let you know when it arrives, very kind of you, thank you.
    Finally loving your new stamped card, the image is fab, it just looks like a fairy cottage. Beautiful.

    Hugs and happy crafting with your new toys.

    Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like you had such a fun time and got some great stash! Your card is incredibly beautiful, I love the inked background and gorgeous image.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete