Tuesday, 2 December 2014

My Buddy is Bruised & Battered

Hello Blog friends, followers and anyone who has popped in for a visit.  You are very welcome, I love that you take time to do that.  For any not feeling to good at the moment here are some (((((hugs)))))  Help yourself if you think they might help.
Just back from visiting Elaine who is in a bit of a state.  Elaine was involved in a car accident on Friday.  OMG!! when I saw the pictures of the car she is really lucky to be alive.  The brand new car she got for her birthday back in August is a total right-off.  Not only was the car a mess after hitting another car it came to rest inches from a live Electricity Pole.   Everyone has been telling her the can can replaced, we would not be able to replace her.  She is at home in bed for another couple of days then has to start trying to get about.  Luckily she has a Shower Room in her bedroom.
When I got the news it was a right shock, fairly knocked me off my stride that day.  
Myra:-  Glad I managed to bring back some memories.  I see you call yourself "The Coconut Ice Lady" now that`s something I have never managed to master!!!
Thank you all for your wonderful comments on our Anniversary Tea.
Carol:- No problem having Afternoon Tea at Gleneagles they cater for lots of Dietry needs
Here is the card I made for Elaine:-

I was sitting having my lunch when it suddenly dawned on me I had not made a card   ...  panic stations!!!
SW new Striplet Die which cuts a dream
I cut the Striplet into the card then made a frame using the outside edge of the Die.  Backed it with a piece of Lilac card and added pearls
Sentiment done on the computer  ..  a bit too much distressing I feel!!!  Matted it onto a piece of the Lilac card then onto some white
Triple bow using narrow Organza Ribbon

That`s it for today 
Thank you very much for calling by I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx



24 comments:

  1. Poor Elaine. She must be distraught to say the least. As you say a car can be replaced, but not so a life. Your card is stunning and I'm sure it would go a long way to help her recovery. I just received this die yesterday Patricia, so I'm glad to have seen it made up. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! The sentiment is lovely. Glad your friend is OK, at least. It must have been a shock. I visit often, don' t always comment, though. ( no blog )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Elaine...a big shock for everyone, hope she recovers quickly. Your card is gorgeous Patricia, love the sentiment. Carol x
    PS may just have to get hubby to take me to Gleneagles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the die you used.
    Healing hugs to Elaine. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Patricia, What a terrible shock for you all, Elaine must have been in a terrible state, my heart goes out to her. You are right, it could have been much worse, Elaine will realise that when she is thinking properly again. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
    Your card for her is truly beautiful.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Elaine is a very lucky lady Patricia. I'm sure your beautiful card will go some way to lifting her spirits xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evening Patricia I'll start by saying I'm so sorry to hear about your friends accident. It sound like she one very lucky lady.
    Back to your card I do love these stripette dies they make wonderful cards as
    They can be used in so many different ways.
    Take care

    Debs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, so sorry to hear about Elaine, thank goodness she is okay although I am not surprised she is a bit shaken up. I hope she is back on her feet soon.
    Your card is stunning, such a beautiful and elegant design and I love the colours.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Patricia, Elaine was one lucky lady and thank goodness it wasn't more serious.
    Your card is gorgeous, love that striplet and your colours.
    I've a card for Elaine which I'll send to you to pass on if that's ok, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Patricia, so sorry to hear about Elaine, hope she heals soon, what a shock for you all..
    Beautiful card design, love your colour theme and gorgeous die you have used.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patricia
    Oh my. Thank goodness Elaine is ok. It must have been such a shock for her. Hopefully, her family are running around looking after her for a change.
    Your card for Elaine is beautiful. I'm sure that she loved it.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes to Elaine.
    Love the striplet die and the card is a dream, so gorgeous, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's wishing Get Well Soon to Elaine. Beautiful Card Patricia! I love that striplet die - Gorgeous! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how terrible for Elaine but as you say could of been so much worse and she can get another car. Your card is gorgeous Patricia, love that striplet die! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliantly designed card once again....super colours as well..Your poor buddy, gosh I do hope this card cheers her up immensly.
    aNNie xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia,

    So sorry to hear about Elaine, what luck she is not too badly hurt, you are right, I always tell people the same the car can be replaced the person can't, I do hope she recovers well.

    Beautiful card you have made for her and I know she will appreciate it.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Morning Patricia,
    Best wishes to Elaine on a speedy recovery, what a shock for her.
    Love your card, I have this die on my Christmas list.
    Lydia.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about Elaine i do hope she gets well soon .
    Beautiful card , need to get this die.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card for your friend Elaine, I do hope she is ok, it sounds as if she had a lucky escape. As you said material things can be replaced she can't which is the important thing.
    Loving your Striplet die again.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Patricia sorry I am late in commenting just trying to catch up and not doing it too well, but what a dreadful thing to happen, a guardian Angel has been looking over Elaine, as you say cars can easily be replaced but not so someone dear to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    A really beautiful card this die is on my must have list!
    With love
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Patricia, I'm playing catch up so only just read about your friend - like you say the most important thing is your friend is okay - the car can be replaced xx your card is beautiful and the sentiment is really lovely xx I decided to go for the Circled Striplet but still have to use it but it was a close call between them but now I've seen your card it may have to go on my wish list xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Patricia, I am still in catch up mode and was so sorry to read about Elaine, but also pleased that she is okay. Your card is gorgeous, love the colours - I am still yet to use my striplet die! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is just beautiful!! Sorry to hear about your friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry to hear that Elaine has been in a car accident but am pleased that she is unharmed!
    Such a beautiful card, I love the purple and your gorgeous, elegant die.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete