Friday, 12 December 2014

"Oldie for Friday"

Hello Blog friends, followers and poppers by ....... Yet again, I`m late, I`m late for "Oldie on Friday " 
Busy busy here this morning, we had the boys overnight then to school.  Mum was night shift, gets home approx 9am.  Dad goes out at 7am to get to work.  I usually leave our house 6.30am scoot along to theirs (10 min drive) to do what we call a "swap over" it`s only every now and again.  I get them up, fed and along to school just 3or4 mins from their house.  I am back home and in our house for approx 9am.   However the roads here are "lethal" with snow and ice they stayed overnight and Grandpa took them to school in the 4x4.  John and John Jnr did not want me out so early on the bad roads. The reason I do the "Swap over" is I am the early riser in this house !!!  It was a long slow 8 mile drive for them this morning but they got there safe and sound. 
Here is my "Oldie for Friday" started by Erika at   http://snappycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
We would like to see any of your past work, it does not have to be cards.

Here is something "very" different made of card but certainly not a "card" as we know them
Made mostly by Thomas with a little help from me, done a few years ago now. (I think he was 4 possibly 5 when he built it)  Like his dad and Grandpa he is very much into railways.  He wanted to make a model of "Mallard" so here is what he ended up with. It still sits proudly on display in the Guest Bedroom.
I have to apologise for lack of comments on your wonderful works.   I am having real problems with "blogger" at the moment I think most of us are for some reason.  Last night I had absolutely nothing, I think that was because of the horrible weather, we will see.

That`s it for today
Thank you so much for visiting me I really appreciate it
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx


21 comments:

  1. ABsolutely brilliant and such a work of art....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant piece of paper art!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a super train, Patricia, what a great job.
    Thanks for sharing your oldie with me today, have a super weekend and stay safe in the weather. It's cold and icy here too but the snow that came today hasn't laid, phew!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant model train Patricia, he did a great job. Very icy here this morning too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous. I am pleased you still have it on display.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend and take care on the icy roads.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patricia
    Crikey, well done Thomas! This would be great if made by an adult but a child, Wow!
    You be careful if you do have to drive in those conditions my friend.
    Take care.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember how pleased Thomas was when he made this, and rightly so it's a great train. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patricis, I remember this fab creation..thanks for sharing it again, hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Patricia, Thomas did a wonderful job.
    Stay safe..freezing here..I hate the cold.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous and so good that it's still on display! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What s talented grandson you have - this is 'absolutely fabulous' xx we went out into the Peak District yesterday and their was snow on them thar hills - hopefully it will stay there!! have a good weekend and stay safe xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic train. I hate driving in snowy or slippery conditions so at this stage in my life I just flatly refuse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful model Thomas has made, I can see he has inherited your talent for paper craft! Stay warm and safe Patricia, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How creative! It certainly doesn't look like it is made with card stock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Morning Patricia,
    This is fantastic, clever boy.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia, the train is fantastic, what a wonderful job Thomas made of it. He is certainly a talented little boy, takes after his Gran of course, stay warm and cosy, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is brilliant - a fantastic Mallard.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bummer on the icy roads. We get there here in South Carolina sometimes too. This is the most adorable little train and what a talented young man you have in this grandson. Can certainly understand his pride in constructing this amazing project and that he keeps it on display. Well done! TFS & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fantastic creation, I bet this is treasured!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. We live near the railroad, but I haven't seen a train which looks as good as yours Patricia, what a fun creation! Supercool! Enjoy your evening, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete