Friday, 5 December 2014

Ooopps! forgot it was Oldie for Friday

 Hello Blog friends, followers and all who might just press a wrong button and land here.  You are all very welcome, I love having you call by.
Out early today, not long back.  Sat down with a cuppa and my IPad  what did I see when I clicked on    ....   Posts for Oldie on Friday started be Erika across at:-   http://snappycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
I had completely forgotten it was Friday, sorry about that   ...    who stole my week???
Have had a quick root round, here is what I found:-

A Twinchie:- remember when we were all making these???
A Twinchie was a tiny 2 x 2 inch card or piece of Art Work.  To show how creative you could be with such a small canvas to work on. They were good for little Gift tags.  Quite popular in  ...  approx 2009/2010   ...   I think!!!
Backing paper from NitWits
Buttons on a tiny metal heart shape I made from scraps of wire we use to make our Pendants
Ribbon and pearls
Scrap of MS punched border

John & I popped into Elaine`s on the way home from Perth.   She was sleeping, did not actually see or talk to her.  We chatted with Doug who is a bit concerned that she is not getting on as well as he thought she might.  See! there`s the BIG problem, Elaine is never ill and always at "every ones" beck & call no matter how she is feeling.  I have often said that I really do not know how she copes.
.
That`s it for today
Thank you for your visit, much appreciated
Till next time
Hugs

Patricia  xxx

21 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful card - absolutely luv the buttoned heart xx excuse my ignorance but what is a 'Twinchie'?? Sounds like Elaine is making up for lost time with her sleep and they do say sleep yourself better so hopefully that is what she is doing xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    I well remember this gorgeous Twinchie.
    Isn't it just amazing what you can fit on a 2 x 2 inch square.
    Your buttons must have been so small.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely offering for today Patricia, sorry but I have no idea what a 'Twinchie' is what so ever.
    After my accident and op I slept most of the time for almost two weeks and if Elaine has had an op it will possibly be the effects of that too, but if she is sleeping she will not be in pain, do hope she starts to make some progress soon.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening Patricia, well we were,'t all making Twinchies cos I have never heard of them, but your card is lovely, love the buttons on the wire and the gorgeous shade of pink.
    That's a bit worrying about Elaine, it's maybe still the shock, I hope she will be all right, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty little twinchie Patricia...I have never made one either! Elaine is bound to have been very shocked, I hope she is ok. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty little twinchie.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Patricia, the button heart is so sweet.
    Sorry to hear Elaine is still not so good, I hope she is feeling better soon.
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm twinchie ?????

    Cute card though.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another delightful card to view, Patricia and how tiny is that, the buttons looks super on there as well.xxx xx {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh big sis it looks like you will have to do a blog post on what's a "Twinchie". That will give you something to do. Love your "Twinchie" with that tiny heart when you did it. Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Patricia,
    This looks cute. not heard of a twinchie before.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't thought of these in such a long time. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Patricia.
    I remember making tinches too. Love yours, perfect little addition to a card.
    Hope Elaine is ok?
    Have a good weekend.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your twinchie Patricia - thanks for your kind thoughts - just to let you know Shaun was doing very well at hospital today and I feel positive. Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember people making these, though I never did :) love yours - very sweet! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Patricia
    Twinchie? Isn't he that rapper that's just been voted out of I'm a Celebrity? Lol! Nope, that craze bypassed me too but yours looks very pretty.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all I'd like to apologize for being MIA last week, but whilst being in the midst of renovating our upper floor we had to go abroad to meet several suppliers (great timing, I know!). And on top of that we came home this morning to find our central heating broke down… Thank goodness it is fixed again now, so we don’t have to wash ourselves with ice cold water anymore ;-) No fun, let me tell you! I am truly very sorry for having missed out on all of your latest creations, but thankful to be able to enjoy them right now! Your beautiful work is always an immense pleasure for me to look at Patricia! Thanks for sharing, hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greetings Patricia, I have never heard of a A Twinchie, but I must say it is a very fun idea.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Twinchie ? way before my time as a crafter , but i do like yours. It will take time for Elaine to get over the trauma of the accident ,but i
    I hope Elaine feels better soon .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh I missed out on this crafting trend! Definitely an oldie but a goodie, I love your pretty embellishments.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete